Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    f5nywxwm4o79.png

Yes, and try not to quantify the good by comparing it to the bad. Just accept it as a good thing. I have a notepad that I title each page with the date and ‘3 Good Things’ I number them and as soon as I write it in, I try to come up with #1. The others I write in during the day. Sometimes I get more sometime I really have to stretch to get 3, but even some like: my dog, my cat, the sun, work to brighten your mood a little. IMO. I really need this ever day. I also write anything else I want to at the bottom. Sometime nothing, sometimes I fill the page,

RVRita

Also accept a good thing without the need to announce it to the world (or media) to "validate" it. Feel the feeling for frillin sake.😁. Sure its good to share, but I can have a good day without telling people it was a good day.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk Thank you for asking.. but I don’t put, my name, location or pics up on a open site. Unfortunately someone used my information for fraud. So I will use by screen name. Better safe than sorry. 🙂

🌷

:) We can learn your name in time. We respect your privacy. The reason I like to see a location is to be able to identify with weather and plants. I live pretty far north so when someone shares that they already have flowers or vegetables, I like to know how far south they are. When someone says that it's too hot to take a walk, I wonder where they live. I hope you'll share what you're comfortable with and ignore the rest.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Lunch went well. The men walked home along the seafront, while the wife and I took the bus. It was slow and crowded. Half term and good weather. :# I would have walked, but I was too stuffed from lunch!
    I had snails and bouillabaisse. Truffles for dessert.
    While walking back, DH received the news by text that his younger daughter's relationship had broken up, She is devastated. He always feels so badly for her. She is over 50 and does not have much luck with men. This was a relatively long relationship, well over a year.

Kids tomorrow. I always find it hard with all three, but I'm sure we can work something out. Max is not crafty. I know Bea will want to paint her ceramic heart dish. She hasn't forgotten that she missed out before. Dinner will be pizza, fries and birthday cake. My son and DDIL are going out for birthday lunch and the Van Gogh immersive. Joining us for Edie's cake.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    @Whidislander Tucker is a cutie!

He really is quite a ham. He thinks he's a lapdog.🙃😂
    mcl9xbb1s0st.jpeg
    97iums64x7pu.jpeg
    4idq8ceaayn5.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Love the pooch pics
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    REBECCA ~ Congrats to your son for his advancement! I know this is something you have been hoping for!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Pip - when I die I want to come back as one of your dogs. :p

Barbie - I too love knowing where everyone is from and I think in terms of weather and plants as well. I've been admiring all the iris photos. I love the smell of lilacs and iris and I'll be darned if I can get them to grow at my house. New gals - some of us here use nicknames, middle names, combination of first and last names - something to make us stand out. This is a fast moving thread and seeing a name and location at the bottom helps me remember the post and poster.

Vicki - so sorry about our car! Hope it can get fixed better than new. When Roger was assembling the chicken run, me helping, I told him I was amazed at all of the projects my DH did around here by himself. Roger said oh, we can do most things by ourselves - it just takes a lot longer. I was his holder and fetcher yesterday, lol. This morning I noticed the chainlink gate was sagging. I thought I might give him a call but first attempted to fix it myself. Socket wrench in hand and ten minutes later, all done.

Joy - thank you for adopting that little dog. <3 Glad to hear the barley and your garden is starting to grow. Are the fires out/smoke gone now?

I admire Kelly and Lisa for their tool and household repair & maintenance expertise. New ladies - if you want to know how to fix something or mow with a zero-turn mower, stick around. ;)

And as Barbie and others have mentioned, we don't necessarily talk about weight loss as the main focus here - anything we can do to enrich our lives, maintain overall health, give support in life situations and just give hugs is important as we get older. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Good news! My eldest sailor passed the recent Navy advancement test, so he's now a 1st Class Petty Officer! Better yet, he will get to stay in the Navy until he retires. I am so proud of him, and I know its a weight off his shoulders, and our shoulders! When he has his ceremony I will post the proud sailor photo.💖🤗👍🏼
    He called us when he saw our congrats on his squadron page. So we knew of the good news before he did! The down side of working nights.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

That is fantastic! Congratulations to him and to his justifiably proud mama!

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip - when I die I want to come back as one of your dogs. :p

Barbie - I too love knowing where everyone is from and I think in terms of weather and plants as well. I've been admiring all the iris photos. I love the smell of lilacs and iris and I'll be darned if I can get them to grow at my house. New gals - some of us here use nicknames, middle names, combination of first and last names - something to make us stand out. This is a fast moving thread and seeing a name and location at the bottom helps me remember the post and poster.

Vicki - so sorry about our car! Hope it can get fixed better than new. When Roger was assembling the chicken run, me helping, I told him I was amazed at all of the projects my DH did around here by himself. Roger said oh, we can do most things by ourselves - it just takes a lot longer. I was his holder and fetcher yesterday, lol. This morning I noticed the chainlink gate was sagging. I thought I might give him a call but first attempted to fix it myself. Socket wrench in hand and ten minutes later, all done.

Joy - thank you for adopting that little dog. <3 Glad to hear the barley and your garden is starting to grow. Are the fires out/smoke gone now?

I admire Kelly and Lisa for their tool and household repair & maintenance expertise. New ladies - if you want to know how to fix something or mow with a zero-turn mower, stick around. ;)

And as Barbie and others have mentioned, we don't necessarily talk about weight loss as the main focus here - anything we can do to enrich our lives, maintain overall health, give support in life situations and just give hugs is important as we get older. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lmao!! I will treat you right
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kirby bought Lucy a squirrel since she is the only one who cares about them
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Options
    [

It is a large plot where the home sits. Then the monstrous, yet glorious beds around the trees. One tree is a magnolia tree with big leaves that crumble when you try to rake them up. I personally think she loves weeding, just forgets to stop, gets in her zone I guess. She's 68, so she needs to pay attention to herself too. The simplest things like taking the garbage and recycling bins takes a tractor to haul them down to the end of her long road! Plus there's maintaining her 1875 house. She needs a gardener to just trim the bushes, and mow the property like she likes. Then maybe weed monthly. She can still weed, but it will be for her enjoyment. Keeping that property watered it a whole other macrame' of madness. She needs her gator to pull those around. I am utterly useless helping around the farm. Funny story last summer. She's got the tractor with the scooper thingy, and there's a pipe she motions me to get from the garage. Then she yells, "put it in the bucket"! I take the long pipe and stick it in a large bucket of other things near the entrance of the garage. " No, no, MY bucket, *motions to her scooper thingy*"!!! She was laughing, then I got to giggling. So you see, I am like a fish out of water at her place.😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa[/quote]

Your sister sounds like my mom. She is obsessed with weeding. I have to wait until after dark to call her or she will be outside and most of the time she is pulling weeds. There are a TON of weeds to pull which I understand but other things don't get done(like planting in the greenhouse so she had to go buy all her plants this year).
    She has a little mower/tractor that she loves for hauling. She did mow the back field with it. Most of the area she pulls the weeds by hand.
    She will be 80 in a few weeks. She has more energy/stamina than I do but then she falls asleep as soon as she sits down, even in the middle of a conversation.

• lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    @auntiebk Thank you for asking.. but I don’t put, my name, location or pics up on a open site. Unfortunately someone used my information for fraud. So I will use by screen name. Better safe than sorry. 🙂

🌷

:) We can learn your name in time. We respect your privacy. The reason I like to see a location is to be able to identify with weather and plants. I live pretty far north so when someone shares that they already have flowers or vegetables, I like to know how far south they are. When someone says that it's too hot to take a walk, I wonder where they live. I hope you'll share what you're comfortable with and ignore the rest.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thank you @barbiecat 🙂 I can see included locations is part for most of the group. I just have learned the hard way.

• lightstrongma
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Welcome to all the newbies!

Finally getting some much needed rain and garden is now starting to germinate. Happy with that as it is a lot of work to plant. I don't water my garden and rely on rainfall. Barley is coming up now and can see all the rows. DH is happy about that.

A couple of days ago, a small dog showed up in our yard. DH thought it was our neighbor's dog. I was able to catch her and drove over. Unfortunately, not their dog. They said she had shown up at their place a couple of days ago and was seen in with the cattle herd. They had tried unsuccessfully to catch her and had last seen her making her way towards our place.

I think someone has dropped her off in our area. Such a cruel thing to do. We have lots of coyotes and the only thing that saved this little dog was the fact she was in with a cattle herd. Taking her to our vet next week and will get her checked over and vaccinated. Have called our county pound to see if anyone has reported her missing. No one has so someone decided to throw a dog away....so sad!

She is settling in nicely with our dog, Buddy and the cats. Looks like a terrier mix. Small dog weighing maybe 10 pounds at the most. Vet will be able to determine her age but I think she is quite young. Guess we have an addition to our furry animal family. She is such a sweet little dog.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

Joy

What a wonderful thing your doing for that pup! ❤️ What will you call her?
  • lightstrongma
    Options
    Congrats to the whole family @Whidislander!
  • pipcd34
    Options