Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Options

Replies

• JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,391 Member
    Options
    Ceriusly1 wrote: »
    Hi All, Do you know there are some Spark People articles and videos still available online?

This is in the Pre-Challenge Activities#1 on the 5% Challenge.

quote"In doing some research to write these activities, an older article was found on the internet that discussed Team Challenges and our own 5% Seasonal 5% Challenge was highlighted. Our own @kaliswalker (Lynn), one of the original founders of the 5% Challenge, was interviewed ~ here is the link to the article. It discusses the importance of teams, but our own 5% Challenge was in the spotlight in this article that was written in 2016.

We are so happy MFP gave us a new home! The challenge is still run the same way it is outlined in the article written in 2016, on a smaller scale but we are growing here and we have come to love MFP just as much as we loved Spark People!

Interested in the Summer 5%? Here is the link

Wow so amazing that y'all are still going strong!! 🥰🥰

• 19Happylife64
    19Happylife64 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So nice to see former Sparkers here. I loved Sparkpeople and had great success with it. Hoping to regain my spark here and learn the art of maintenance 😊
  • ramonastamps1
    ramonastamps1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New member here I really miss Sparkpeople I was hoping this would bridge the gap I am looking for a way to track my calcium consumption can some one help me?
  • livinprayer69
    livinprayer69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I used my fitness pal years ago, but closed it down when there was an issue with the account. I was on spark people as a tool until they closed it down and made it some thing else. I was on weight watchers for years, but stopped it at the beginning of the year because of all the changes they were making. I’ve been on Noom for the past year, which is helped me psychologically break some bad habits. One thing I realized is that it was not helping me to lose the actual fat. on the few days, I’ve been on my fitness pal, I’ve already lost some weight. I go to the gym three times a week and have gained muscle, but having issues losing the fat. I’m looking forward to meeting people on this site who have been through the different programs like me if you were just on spark people, I look forward to reconnecting as friends.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    The fall 5% Challenge is open for signups! We started on Spark People in the Spring of 2010 and were at 600+ members when they closed down. We have successfully transitioned the challenge to MFP and are happy in our new home!

We would love to have you all join us! Here is the link!

If you need help, please don't hesitate to message me
  • UpbeatRadish
    UpbeatRadish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was on SparkPeople years ago. I transferred to CarbManager, which worked, and OA, which I wasn't too happy with. I lost 20 pounds last year, looking to lose another 10 pounds.
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @UpbeatRadish We would love to see you on the 5% Seasonal Challenge! We were active on Spark from 2010 until they closed.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145341-2023-fall-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • IronAmanda
    IronAmanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m rockrunner404 from Sparkpeople. Today was my Sparkversary and I am so glad to be here.
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @IronAmanda Happy Sparkversary! See my post above if you are interested in the challenge we would love to have you!
  • september192023
    september192023 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was devastated to find out SparkPeople ended. I used it in the early 2000s to lose almost 50 pounds. I found the tools and motivation especially helpful. I have been using MFP pro recently, and it has been almost as good as a motivator. Sending spark goodies to all of the hard working weight loss pioneers!
  • Poedaughter7
    Poedaughter7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was a Sparkpeople member for many years, and then it just stopped being part of the web. So sad the chat pages are pretty fun. Please add me to friend here.
  • janeymn
    janeymn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All. 👋 my name is Marie
    Back from along time ago. 71yrs old. Health is good but losing weight is my goal. I'm active, drink my water but food intake is not good. Love sweets.
  • TrishPaintsNow
    TrishPaintsNow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Former Spark member (ImDoinItNow on SP) who had a lot of success many years ago. Jan 1st I went to go use my old SP account and was shocked to see it not the same. So here I am now (mostly for the food logging)....I've lost 20 lb this year so far and have another 80 I'd like to lose. I am doing mostly OMAD with occasional 20:4. Not particularly keto but firm on staying within my eating window! I'm in desperate need of friends on the same or similar journey! Friend me please! Lets share food logs and ideas for intermittent fasting meals.

• TrishPaintsNow
    Options
    We can do it! Let's goooo!
  • TrishPaintsNow
    Options
    I was devastated to find out SparkPeople ended. I used it in the early 2000s to lose almost 50 pounds. I found the tools and motivation especially helpful. I have been using MFP pro recently, and it has been almost as good as a motivator. Sending spark goodies to all of the hard working weight loss pioneers!

Hi! I'm Patti and used to be VeggiePat, and loved to motivate and give out spark goodies. Yay for the Spark goodies! Ready to start Sparking, My Fitness Pal style. We can do it!
  • 46shadow
    46shadow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I really miss the spark community and aspects of the website. I’m not quite sure how to form” friends” on this website but like the idea of getting together a support “ team”.
  • mgood4x4
    mgood4x4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I want to mention that while I am not new to MFP (2015), I was a Spark People member from 2005 until they shut down. I found the tools & community there to be more user friendly than here, but as far as tracking my calories in & out, MFP is just as good IMHO. My username was the same for both. Since then, I have been back here trying to be a motivating member in the Groups. Unfortunately, this platform isn't designed for push notifications so knowing when there is a new post without actively looking for them everyday leaves most of the groups inactive. Maybe this discussion will be a different story 😉
  • mitsylee
    mitsylee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daughter & I both were Spark members. I struggle with logging everything, but since MFP syncs very well with Garmin Connect, I feel like I'm making progress here. And I'm just now starting to explore the Community with hopes of finding motivation like I had with Spark People!
  • danyxx2421
    danyxx2421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm brand new to My Fitness Pal and a former Sparker. I was obsessed with Sparkpeople and it made my health journey fun and made me so motivated. I hope to get that same motivation by being here. Please follow me or whatever it is you do here. I'm ready to get back in the game.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,215 Member
    Options
    Ceriusly1 wrote: »
    The fall 5% Challenge is open for signups! We started on Spark People in the Spring of 2010 and were at 600+ members when they closed down. We have successfully transitioned the challenge to MFP and are happy in our new home!

We would love to have you all join us! Here is the link!

If you need help, please don't hesitate to message me

WELCOME!! If you are interested, please join us! Review my friend Ceri's post (above)...