Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    Well time for me to hit the hay...going to try and get some sleep and back to watching the little guy tomorrow
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,793 Member
    Options
    I really hope this link works. It’s funny and like looking in a mirror.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1608691016296146?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=9imq16
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Tracey
    🥂🌹💕Happy Anniversary💕🌹🥂
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,066 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

Agreed.

I am on the lookout for ways to simplify things.

For the past 5 years I have let the grocery store handle the grocery situation. I place my order online at my convenience from the comfort of my home and the groceries arrive a couple days later.

I also let my bank handle the banking record keeping. They are fully equipped to do that.

We also get our taxes done professionally. I rarely have to bring documents in any more. They've got most/all of them.

I'd hire a housekeeper but that's expensive! For now we'll make due with a robot vacuum and my long-time habit of cleaning the bathroom in the morning as I get ready for work.

Trying to keep what I can simple. The rest of life is very complicated.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Tracey--I feel what we get paid is fair for what we do. I guess I remember when I was making $10 an hour and was happy. I make more than twice that now and am happy with that. This person that applied is a CNA and makes more an hour than I do, so I think she should stay there. I know the right person will apply I just pray it is soon.
    Today is my monthly 3 hour management meeting. Did I say I hate meetings, I hope I can stay awake.
    Weight was same this morning as last week, not happy about that but at least I did not gain.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

As a manager, I would hope you're making 4 to 5 times that amount!! Especially with the amount you are working.

I remember the $10/hour days back when I started my professional career. In the 1990s!

I was happy with that for the first couple years too, but was very glad when I started moving up after those first couple years.

Cost of living doesn't stand still.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    People do have a way of not responding to emails and leaving others in the dark. Just about every day I am waiting for a reply from someone. Since Thursday afternoon I have been waiting on replies from at least 3 people.

I keep reminding myself that my questions are probably not the only things going on in their lives. But it does become a bit annoying at times.

M in Oz

________

Machka,

I am SO glad I don’t feel compelled to check email anymore. My work emails are defunct, thank goodness. Email is my least favorite way of communicating.

Now that I am retired, I let people know that I am not good at checking and responding to email so their expectations can be adjusted.

On the other hand, I am excellent at responding to texts and pretty good about phone messages.

I have never figured out a way to keep my email clutter under control, so it’s a huge chore for me to wade through it looking for a message that I care about.

My bad.

Karen in Virginia

It becomes problematic for me when I need information at work, or when a response or lack of response will result in money/time/effort etc. savings or loss.

Of the 4-ish email responses I'm waiting on, 1 is a work email and the other 3 are personal but important in terms of money/time/effort etc.

And email in those situations is efficient because I can include all the details and attachments, and have an email trail.

If it is just casual emails between friends or family, I'll often go weeks before I'll respond to someone.

Texts and phone calls ... you may never hear from me! The chances I'll return a phone call are really slim. They're slightly better with a text but not much.

M in Oz

Work email ... went ahead and did what I was planning to do. I think it may have set off a bit of panic because I was suddenly locked out of something. But I got back in later. :)

One of the other emails ... I went around the person I was waiting to hear from and contacted the source. All set now. :)

At this point the others can wait a bit.

I have patience, but there's a limit.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    They will turn off the ventilator today for a dear friend of mine, and even more dear to my birth family. He was so protective of my sister's daughters, and they adored him back. They've traveled down to West Texas to help where they can, and to be there for his wife and daughters. He and his wife were still so much in love--she always called him her "Superman." He suffered a massive stroke and they couldn't get him back. He was only 51.

Edit to add: While I was writing, he left us. My sis let me know by text.

:'(

So sorry.

• Machka9
    Options
    Today I am able to leave my support off, (6 weeks) unless there is something specific I might want it for, like running. (Scared of tripping again?) I'm not running right now until I'm sure my thigh is thoroughly healed. I might put it back on if I'm achey for a while. :)
    New set of exercises to do. I'm being good about doing them.

We are going to start putting outdoor wear into a suitcase tomorrow. The cleaner is coming today, so won't start yet. We have decided to pack the suitcases downstairs, so as to avoid having to drag and bump them down the stairs when full. Obviously, I can't help this year, and DH is nervous about it. We will have to take clothes for all weathers! Hats, gloves fleeces, anoraks, etc. Good job there is no weight restriction. We don't have to carry them again, once they are in the hall. We take three big suitcases and a personal bag each. Plus my handbag (purse). Last time we were in the Arctic, in Sweden, it was a heatwave and forest fires, so there's no predicting. Iceland was really cold for one day. Svarlbard was cold., but sunny. So an all-weather pack.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Packing light is all about layers! :smiley:

8 months on the road with the blue bicycle on the right. :smiley:
    ihkn89gi7512.png

Including going up to see Mont Blanc! Down jackets scrunch up small. :smiley:
    ao67t8r7tv6p.png

Have fun!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options

Bone scan was also clear. Mammogram tonight after work. Oncologist tomorrow morning.

Much love to all.

Flea
    Willamette valley, OR

Stable and all clear are good!
  • Machka9
    Options
    It’s evening here. Our last Monday Painters meeting went well. Last week I found out that the girl who organises the teas for the group had just lost her husband. They weren’t long back from a holiday abroad. He had heart problems last year. She woke up one morning and found him dead in bed. The funeral was on Saturday and there was a service of remembrance today. I had the other group members sign a sympathy card for her today, and took it round to hers after the meeting. I was planning to put it through the door, but she and the family were just returning from the service when I got there, so I was able to deliver it in person. Very sad.

☘️ Terri

Very sad indeed. These things can happen that suddenly.