Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    @Machka9 - Sent you an MFP message. Sometimes, those don't get through, but hopefully you can see it.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

I haven't received anything yet.
    But then, I'm not on the strongest connection so maybe it will turn up.

M in Oz
    It's also possible we might need to be friends.

Sent a friend invitation. Hopefully that will work.

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ Your brother's latest painting is lovely. It looks a lot different from some of the others you have shown and I like it a lot.

Lisa ~ I had a difficult time sleeping last night too.

Heather ~ Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. You and Johnny have created such an interesting life and do so many things that I and my husband would never do. You are blessed to be together.

Flea ~ I can't imagine owning an island! I hope you will be able to get in a lot of diving and have good weather.

Debbie ~ That is one cute chick! I hope you will be able to keep him alive. My husband said he looked like a quail.

Rebecca ~ Love the photos of you and your sister's grands. Y'all look really happy!

Rosemarie ~ You are so good to be taking food to your friend. And, you are to be commended for making the effort to meet friends and join in activities!

My husband did not want to do anything special for Father's Day, but, I did buy him a pie that he likes. Son is working. So, we are just having a quiet Sunday.

Carol in GA

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :) like many of you I also did not sleep well last night, but a busy day today so off I go.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Rebecca - What lovely grandchildren they are! Don't they raise the spirits! :p

My DDIL just posted this on her Instagram personal account. A bit of rain today doesn't mean you can't have an ice cream from Marroccos. :D
    q3u6zg4t2s38.jpg
    I'm more or less done. I think I'm taking my own hair dryer, because theirs is useless. I don't usually, but I find it very frustrating.
    We are having homemade pizza tonight and using up the broccoli in the fridge.
    All good. Just an evening of relaxing tv ahead of us.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks to you who are sharing your thoughts and experience about weight loss/health and strength maintenance and improvement. I always learn something. :)

Got a 1 mile sunrise walk in this morning. Once I get to the end of my little road, I'm lucky I can go on three different roads pretty quickly so have variety. Traffic at 5:30 am is nil so it's safe to walk on county roads at that time. The birds were singing full throttle as the sun was peeking out in the trees. A beautiful thing.

For those of you wanting to up your protein intake, I ran across a poster on FB "Shred Happens" - it focuses on Keto - found a recipe for a high protein dessert using whipped cottage cheese, unsweetened cocoa powder and monkfruit sweetener. I've had products with monkfruit and thought it was OK. Here's the link (I hope!)
    Anyhow, I need to get more cottage cheese and will give this a try soon. I really like Kay's idea of squirting a little unsweetened Reddi-whip on top. I'm not sure about these measurements so will experiment. Looks yummy!

And here's another recipe using whipped cottage cheese:

Terri - yes, time to move on. I saw this meme and thought of the ladies in this group:
    3mf2u020kfsk.png

Rebecca - how sweet they made you a cake! I am so glad you are able to spend more time with your sis and family this year. Wishing you a speedy recovery on that sprained foot.

Pip - how did Kirby's MRI turn out? Perhaps the results aren't back yet or you already mentioned and I skipped over it. OK if you don't want to share. ;)

I am making another request for putting long quotes, posts with a lot of memes and photos into spoilers. Yesterday, some posts were so large I just ended up skipping a couple pages and most likely missed a few posts. I realize that depending on the device being used, sometimes we can't use the spoiler feature, so maybe that was the problem. TIA.

Going to my friend's for a BBQ this afternoon. I can get another look at her chicken coop. ;) I'm anxious to see what my next obsession will be once I get these chickens raised. It should be de-cluttering. :p

OK ladies, will stop for now. Make it a wonderful day!

Lanette B)
    Sunny and cool SW WA State where rain is predicted by noon.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well Dan is over Illinois right now watching him on Flight aware.
    Kyle and Tracy off for there massage awhile ago and Miles hadn't had his nap ,so he is snoozing..so is the kitty..all quiet here..4n0t9sneifz2.jpg
    This was Miles this morning ready for the day...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    :)Michele, I live in a 55+ manufactured home park. Our roads are private so traffic is minimal and roads are smooth and easy to walk on. There are more than 200 houses in the neighborhood and my walk takes me past all of them once and some of them twice so there is a lot to see. We have beautiful tall evergreen trees and most yards have interesting landscape done by the owners so there is a lot to see, When I walk alone, I listen to an audiobook or a podcast so I have entertainment and don't rely on the scenery as my only source of amusement. When I walk with a friend, we talk about everything under the sun. So the time passes quickly and happily.

:)Rebecca, you are a great example of "when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade"

:)Kim, best wishes for a great and peaceful day.

:)Heather, excellent idea to bring your own hair dryer. This trip is about comfort. If you wanted to travel with as little as possible, you'd be backpacking instead of going on a cruise.

:)Lanette, have you considered non fat plain yogurt as a protein source rather than cottage cheese? Because of Jake's heart condition, we stay away from high sodium foods like cottage cheese.

:)about Fathers Day Jake likes to go out to eat. The day of his colonoscopy last Monday he talked all day about wanting to go out to eat so I suggested that he should choose a place in honor of Fathers Day. We stay away from restaurants because of high sodium content and crowds of people. After great reflection, he chose our usual choice--Taco Time drive through where we get tostada salads with chicken. We went there on Friday.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the guy at Tractor Supply is wrong. Thinking it is a wild turkey! Looks and sounds just like one.
    He made it through the night. I was up every two hours turning the heating pad on(it has a auto shut off of up to 2 hrs). Has special chick food and medicated water.
    I just contacted a bird rescue group to see where I can take it.
    If it was a chicken, I could give it to my mom or others around here that raise them but not a wild turkey.
    Going to watch church from home today. May even take a nap this afternoon(doubt it, naps never happen for me)

Debbie.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I saw a recipe on TikTok using whipped cottage cheese and chocolate chips to make a dessert with the consistency of fudge. I have not tried it, but it did pique my interest. Also lots and lots with cottage cheese, salsa, ground beef, etc that they dipped protein chips into. They looked delicious, but I cannot bring myself to pay the price for protein chips. If I end up trying one of them, I’ll eat organic blue corn tortilla chips and log the calories and carbs, enjoying the protein from the dip itself.

Barbie, you have successfully made me want taco salad.
  • SophieRosieMom
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Debbie - a wild turkey! That is pretty neat. ;) Hope the rescue organization can give it a good home as it grows. I wonder what happened to its nestmates and mom? :(

Barbie - thanks for the tip about non fat plain yogurt. The guy who made the chocolate dessert out of cottage cheese admitted it sounded wierd but he liked it. I'll make a miniscule test batch. So far I don't have a problem with sodium but I don't like salty foods. DH used to salt everything heavily including the kitchen counter, lol. That Oikos Triple 0 high protein yogurt that Katiebug recommended has zero fat and 55 mg of sodium. It's thick and really satisfying.

And Barbie, on your walks - is your development situated such that you get a glimpse of Mt. Baker?

Heather & Flea and others who are traveling soon - enjoy your vacations. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate feeling more like myself with the new med.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 93/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, I see the Olympic Mountains on my walk, but when we drive east toward town on the highway we can see Mount Baker on a clear day.
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Please take the arguments offline!! Post/not post, politics, religions, or anything else that bothers you and causes an argument, keep it off her or block the user you do not like. I have major anxiety issues and enjoy this thread for its neutral but supportive nature. Arguments on here like the one starting on page 42 make me what to stop visiting this thread.
    RVRita in NM

Rita - agree 100%.