WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, When my primary care doctor got the results of my MRI that showed spinal stenosis, she referred me to a neurosurgeon who recommended surgery The surgery relieved my symptoms. That was seven years ago and I'm still walking great
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today is day six of my sister challenge. I ate 1099 calories. Yay! And I did twenty minutes on my bike, and an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking. Yay! My deficit is 487. Yay!

The ice cream craving did pass, it just took a diversion. Yoga worked. Yay! Plus I snuck a peek at the scale and it's going well. So that was encouraging. Two days until weigh-in.

Michele good luck with Vince's spinal stenosis.

Machka, did you get your elbow checked?

Take care my friends!

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    My mind is melting the the witch from Wizard of Oz! Hit 105 yesterday right now at 12:30 pm it is 103 and climbing. I know I’m in a desert 🌵 and this will stay for about a month. But the other 11 are great so will stick it out. Not commenting, too hot and crabby.

RvRita

Rita - Am I remembering right your A/C was fixed? Whew!

Lanette B)
    Thank you Lanette, yes my AC was fixed. Today looks worse than yesterday 101 at 10:30 am. Yesterday the inside of the camper, with the A/C running continuously got to 84 before it cooled down. Better than 105 outside! Lots of time in RV, or shopping. Not the first summer for us here but the older I get the harder the heat is on me. 3 years before a change is our goal. Need to pay off car first.

RVRita

Can you move to a campground where they pay you to manage the place?

When people here manage a campground, they get paid. And as part of the whole Grey Nomad thing, older couples might work in the fruit industry a bit, then settle down for a year or so managing a campground, then hit the road again to another campground or into the fruit industry again.

We considered doing that too at one point.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We are home from the doctor. No cancer. Next colonoscopy for Jake in 2 years

Wonderful news!
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka- did you go or at least schedule your 6month full body scan?
    (Just a gentle reminder if you haven't)
    Hard to believe our surgeries were already over 6 months ago

Debbie

Thanks for the reminder. :) No I haven't yet ... this month has been chaos.

Hopefully we're both all clear this time!

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka- did you go or at least schedule your 6month full body scan?
    (Just a gentle reminder if you haven't)
    Hard to believe our surgeries were already over 6 months ago

Debbie

Thanks for the reminder. :) No I haven't yet ... this month has been chaos.

Hopefully we're both all clear this time!

M in Oz

I'm clear, your turn
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    We've crossed the Solstice and the daylight hours are starting to increase! Yay! I don't like darkness.

I'm waiting till next week to have my elbow looked at. I had a long, long sleep last night and it feels very slightly better today. Not that I want anyone touching it or getting near it. And I'm not comfortable wearing long sleeves. And I can't bend it all the way or straighten it all the way. But I can move my fingers and twist my arm, so I'm guessing it might be just badly bruised.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I am a very fussy eater so a lot of times it’s much better if I don’t know what is in a meal.

Me too!

I still haven’t received the letter from my doctor. I received an email from work today asking for it. 😕. I hope to get it tomorrow. I just want a week where I can relax without worrying about any of this. I’m struggling with the stress of it all.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I understand the stress of that.

I hope you get that letter very soon.

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    🫂 💕 🤗
    🐶
    Barbara the Southern Oregon Coast AHMOD
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I must have missed Heather's painting..
    Im so happy for Jake..
    Tracey don't think either of my kids are interested in doing that. My team has sent me paperwork so I could put out stuff on Facebook ,Instagram etc...