So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the fondue dinner was delicious. I ordered the fruit plate for dessert. It comes with my favorite fruit dip—one 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened and one 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme, mix until smooth. 😋 Of course, I have a whey protein intolerance so I can’t eat cream cheese except at the cybercafe. What would I ever do without the cybercafe?

We need to have Francois set up the chocolate fountain. I’ve been to wedding receptions that had chocolate fountains. If I had to choose between cheese fondue or a chocolate fountain, I’m not sure I could.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. I forgot about the chocolate fountain. Lets do that tonight with with bananas and whatever else you want to dip into it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fish n chips with french fries, and a coca cola, and coleslaw. The Cyber cafe is the only place I can eat french fries without getting sicker then a dog. For dessert I think I'll do angel food cake with the chocolate fountain, and an iced mocha. We'll set it up by the pool tonight. No Igor we won't turn the pool chocolate, that's a bit too much.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I think Igor has fond memories of the pool full of jello. Me, I’d rather have water in the pool. Fish and chips for dinner sounds great, it’s something I don’t eat in the real world. Hopefully Francois made biscuits or hush puppies, too. The chocolate fountain looks wonderful. Fresh fruit, dried fruit, cake, cookies—I’ll have it all.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, nope no pool full of jello in this place. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a cheeseburger with frenchfries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a chocolate espresso brownie sundae in about a hour, please. I’m going swimming first.

Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s lovely out here by the pool. At home it’s hot and horribly humid. The dew point in 75 degrees. Once the dew point goes over 70 degrees it’s uncomfortable and when you add in the 90 degree heat it’s stifling. I’m beginning to feel like a hermit because I’ve been avoiding going outside.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we're having a perfect day here in the real world. For dinner tonight I could use a porter house steak with mushrooms and onions, and a baked potato, and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, and an iced mocha. I'll take it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Zzyyggy. It’s National Cheesecake Day so I’m ordering pumpkin praline cheesecake. I want Francois to make the crumb crust chocolate and add a chocolate ganache topping. An iced mocha would be good with that. It’s beautiful out here on the terrace this evening. The String Quartet sets the mood perfectly.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good morning! I can’t believe it’s the last day in July. Here in the Charlotte area we’re going to have a bit of respite from the heat this week with temperatures in the 80’s. Thank goodness it’s beautiful weather here at the cybercafe. I’ve spent the morning snorkeling around the cyberpool and I’ve worked up an appetite. Time for one of the cybercafe’s famous cinnamon buns and a cheese and vegetable omelet. I see Viktor has a pot of coffee waiting for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Wow snorkeling in the pool so early. For dinner tonight I'm going to have A big dish of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Love the perfect weather in the cyber cafe. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy it.
  • Ladyofthelakes23
    Ladyofthelakes23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’m just here to gaze at the food menus and imagine 🧁 in my mouth 😜
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Welcome to the Cybercafe, @Ladyofthelakes23. You don’t have to just gaze, you can order anything you want. Order up a sunny day with a seat on the terrace and enjoy the view while you enjoy Chef Francois’ world famous cuisine. Viktor, our most attentive and amazing waiter will gladly take your order.

Zzyyggy, I’m glad you’re still out here on the terrace. I asked Viktor to bring out another iced mocha for you. I ordered a cup of tea and some ginger molasses sandwich cookies—the ones with the orange buttercream filling. Those cookies are addictive. They’re the perfect little bite-sized cookies. I’m so glad Francois makes them for me. While I made the ginger molasses cookies for Christmas, I didn’t make buttercream filled sandwiches, I made gingerbread people and hearts instead (small 1.5 inches tall). When I make orange buttercream filling I use freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh orange zest. The sandwich cookies are delicious. It’s been 76 days without sugar, but Francois and Viktor have kept me and my sweet dreams well supplied.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Ladyofthelake23, and welcome to the cyber cafe. Hi Linda wow 23 days without sugar good job. Tonight I'm craving a quarter pounder with cheese from you know where. Francois saids he has the recipe, so I'll have two with a large order of those fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the soft serve chocolate creamy with sprinkles and an iced mocha. Thanks for the extra iced mocha Linda. I'm glad I only drink those in the cyber cafe do you know how many calories are there in those?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Calories? What’s that?😄 Isn’t it amazing that Francois can replicate any recipe we can dream up? In fact, I asked him to make my mom’s poppyseed cake recipe. It was my grandmother’s favorite cake and I’d love to have a piece with a cup of coffee. It’s not a very sweet cake and it doesn’t have icing, just powdered sugar sprinkled over the top.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes our Francois knows just about every recipe ever invented, and he keeps them all in his head. For dinner tonight I'm going to have lasagna with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some blueberry cobbler with ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm going to enjoy it out on the terrace. Tomorrow night Francois saids hes going to fire up the pizza brick ovens again. So get your pizza taste buds on.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a cheeseburger on a biscuit with coleslaw, Parmesan garlic fries, and a Dr. Pepper, please. Zzyyggy’s blueberry cobbler and ice cream for dessert would be great. Could you see if there’s any blueberry swirl ice cream? Thanks, Viktor.

Mm, I love brick oven pizza, Zzyyggy. We have a friend we used to live near (12 hours away now) who built a brick oven. He would fire up the oven and make bread, scones, biscuits, and pizza. When it would snow he would make biscuits and scones served with tea and coffee for the crew plowing the roads. His son worked for the public works department in our town as a summer job when he was in college. Our friend got to know the crew and he appreciated all they did and wanted to thank them.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, well it's pizza for dinner tonight. I'll have one with the works with chicken wings and french fries. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have the chocolate chip cookie pizza and an iced mocha. I'll eat it outside on the terrace, and watch the thunderstorm in the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Thunderstorms at the Cybercafe! If the terrace gets too cold we can go sit at the mini cafe by the indoor cyberpool. The floor to ceiling windows are perfect for watching storms and stars. Zzyyggy, did you see Betty’s recipe for Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows in today’s email? I want that, after I have my pizza, of course. It’s a good thing the brick oven is under cover in the gazebo on the terrace or we’d be sitting in the rain. Jorge was manning the brick oven when I ordered my veggie supreme pizza with extra cheese. He did a great job, it’s delicious.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like the macaroni and cheese with grilled vegetables. Thanks for the pitcher of iced tea. I’m going to order a cheese and fruit plate with Dewey’s Bakery’s triple ginger cookies for dessert and some Ghirardelli’s chocolates, too. Can’t forget some chocolate. I think I could have spent the entire day napping. I’m not sure why I’m so sleepy. I hope I’m still tired later tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a root beer. For dessert I'll have chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, good to see you. Nice night out here on the terrace. Viktor is bringing out a plate of Betty’s Chocolate Marshmallow Pillow cookies—I’ll share. I ordered an iced mocha, too.