AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Next year we need to rename this the "2024 August Sit in a Cool Pool Challenge"

As long as it is not the pool (ice lakes) @polskagirl01. I have a fear heart stopping shock!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,021 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha @AlphaHowls ! Lovely shots of the moon!

@kgirlhart Nice run and glad the lady didn't mind you running through her sprinkler. I don't know how you and @Scott6255 run in those temps....and anyone else in TX or where it is super hot.

I hope you feel better soon @SummerSkier ! It's hard to get out and run when you feel fatigued just getting out of bed.

@Laurz9191 That's great that your daughter is wanting to run with you. How old is she? Great running. I think they need a Facebook anonymous. LOL I limit my FB time, but do try to keep up with family that is scattered across the country.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Aug total: 5.6/100 miles

The weather is a carbon copy of misery for the next 10-12 days so I will likely start splitting my runs.

Oh gosh, this is how I would describe the weather here. But it's cold (some mornings I feel like turning the heating on because it's just 18C inside), stormy, randomly starts raining or hailing several times per day with the occasional thunder inbetween. Want to swap?

Yes! 18C sounds amazing! We always want what we don't have I guess.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    August Goal: 125 Miles

A little bragging for our challenge-mate. I was in a July garmin challenge with 149 participants, our @kgirlhart came in 1st.
    🥇🥇🥇🥇

Woohoo! Congrats!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    congrats @kgirlhart
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. It feels strangle and exciting

Freudian slip there @Mari33a :smiley:

Many congratulations to you both as well!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary @Mari33a ... yes the word strangle comes to mind when I think of my spouse too ;)