WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Heather, yes I totally agree with you in that we cannot change people. They are who they are. Lee doesn't like my "base flavors" of sauted onions, garlic and mushrooms. You'd think after years of doing this for most meals, I would've tired of it, but no its still my go to's. So Lee and I eat different things about 70% of the time. I do play chef and cook meals that he likes yet I don't eat. I have forbidden him to touch my 2 cast iron pans. The patina on them is perfect so I am protective.😁. All my times with my sauted things have made them a smooth and shiny black. He always empties the dishwasher in the morning, does the trash and recycling, and we fight over folding clothes. I am a "dumper and put in piles of same things" folder. He is a "take out each item from the basket and fold" person. That drives me nuts😂😂.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I usually visit Women 50+ via my phone. I find this group friendly, encouraging and kind. I agree with Heather & Rebecca. I can’t change others. It’s hard enough to make needed changes for myself.

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :'(Tracey I am so sorry for your family's loss 😢
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 49min 53sec, 107elev, 3.27ap, 88ahr, 125mhr, 6.08mi= 605c
    Strava app= 745c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 2hrs 28min 42sec, 1939elev, 114aw, 16.8amph, 113ahr, 139mhr, gear40 1st 5mi, gear35 next 5mi, gear30 next 5mi, gear25 next 5mi, gear20 next 5mi, gear40 next 5mi, gear35 rest of miles, 41.69mi= 946c
    Strava app= 972c
    Zwift stats- 2hrs 28min 47sec, 1941elev, 114aw, 53arpm, 16.82amph, 41.7mi= 972c

Total cal 1551

Knocked another 40 miles out. I am 43.71 miles behind the guy who took my 1st place. I’ll do 45miles tomorrow and I should get my 1st place spot back. I’m glad he hasn’t ridden anymore.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Rebecca :) My hubby and I share laundry duties. He runs the laundry through the washer and dryer and puts it on the dining room table. I do all the folding. It's a great system for us. Also, we plan one meal together for each day and the rest is "find it and fix it" We grocery shop together so we sure that we have everything we need for our meals. Jake is the one with the skillet that I am not allowed to touch

🌻🌼🌞😃Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I am so, so sorry for your daughter and all your family. She must be devastated. Love to you all.
    <3:'(<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    Tracey- so sorry for the terrible news. Prayers for comfort for all of you
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Tracey, dear heart :'( There just aren't any words to make it better. Such frustrating, sad, devastating news to follow on such joy, I just wish I could come hug you both. So much love out here for your daughter, and for you. <3

Lisa in AR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Tracey so sorry about your daughter. So sad.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Tracy - so sorry for your DD and family.

Terri - looks like a fine day in the gardens.

Heather - hope the skylight problem is easily resolved.

Light rain here earlier in the day. Has washed away some of the dust. I am liking my new Fitbit so far but it recorded my water exercise as swimming with no steps. Interesting. DD is working late today. I have chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot for whenever she gets home.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA