WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Ive calmed down a bit,still a bit of a rocky tummy ...took some pepto and will just rest for the evening and tomorrow is another day..
    Will see what i can dind on t.v. to watch..vx6o6m01gz38.jpg
    Little boy playing with his tractor ...
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Rita, wowsa scary for you. Glad it wasn't a heart attack though. Take it easy the next couple days!💖🤗. We care about you!
    Lisa, how pretty, you have been working hard organizing and making your place spiffy!💖🤗

Carol if I forget on the 14th, have your best day on your birthday! Do what YOU wanna do! You may celebrate the whole week, I have made it A LAW!😁💖🎂👑
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    PS:
    My lunch today:
    Chicken, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, A spoonful of sauerkraut, black olives, sharp cheddar, walnuts, tomatoes, pickled beets with balsamic dressing. Heaven!
    813f0wbkyu3c.jpeg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family. 2hrs 6min 46sec, 41elev, 2.85ap, 78ahr, 89mhr, 6.13mi= 582c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 34min 54sec, 2267elev, 120aw, 13.0amph, 109ahr, 132mhr, gear40 1st 5mi, gear35 2nd 5mi, gear30 3rd 5mi, gear25 last 5.59mi, 20.59mi= 558c
    Strava app= 652c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 34min 56sec, 2270elev, 120aw, 52arpm, 13.02amph, 20.6mi= 653c

Total cal 1140
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Do you know that hotel rates have gone WAAAAYYYY up. For us to go to Denise on Fri, Sat, Sun, and come home Mon would be over $1200. It’s $300 for the room on Fri and Sat. It drops to $120 on Sun and Mon. So we’re thinking that we’ll go up Sun, stay Mon and watch PJ while Denise goes to work, and come home Tues. Waiting to hear from Denise if this is OK, but it should be. We also need to call the lady who will take care of Loki to be sure she can do it (I think she probably will be able to)

Teresa et al left this morning and got to the condo around 3. Jess and Colby were there already. I can tell Jess is very happy to be there. I’m sure Teresa and them are, too. There were a few minor glitches, but that always happens when we go to the condo and haven’t been there in a while. Nothing major, tho.

Allie – HUGS and more HUGS. What a strong woman you are!

Tracey – you know, I don’t know if the city sets the prices or not. Boy, you are a baby! 13 years younger than I am! Holy moley I missed it …. what is the toothpick trick? How wonderful that your loan came in!

Lisa – glad your family is where they are. The wildfires won’t cross the ocean

Rita – so glad it wasn’t a heart attack. That’s the last thing you need

Cut the grass today. Raining tonight so probably won’t get my walk in, but got steps in with cutting the grass.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a KettleWorx Resistance, Chest & Back, and Abs DVD’s. Then have to go to WalMart (don’t want to go tonight in case it starts to really rain) then probably take a walk down to Food Lion.

Carol – happy birthday (early, tho it is)

Rebecca – you have my permission to go back to not posting pictures of your meals. Makes me too hungry……:)

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Kim belated best birthday wishes. Hope there was fun involved.
    Lisa napcopalypse must be contagious. Came home from dog group hot, tired, aching and not hungry. Took an ibuprofen and slept for 3 hours. Soon as I catch up here I’ll make “lupper.” Brava on the room project, and :love: the Hobby Lobby find. Perfect!
    Heather no electricity, nothing installed/working? SMH that your son has moved in. ((hugs))
    Rosemarie ((hugs))
    Rebecca very relieved with your Chief’s reports. As for salsa stains, don’t think I own a top that hasn’t been salad dressing stained at one time or another. ;)
    Lanette “inna gadda da vida baby” Another tea-snorter.
    Machka thanks for the “Happy Hormones”memes.
    Ginny another motivation to retire ;)
    Allie ((gentle hugs held extra long))
    Tracey what a relief the loan came through.
    Carol is it possible the router password contains some characters easy to confuse? Like the letter “l” with the number “1” or the letter “O” with the number “zero” Like others have said, my wifi password is on a label on the router. Good luck!
    Debbie “give the mama cat a bath” ?!? Not something I’d want to try! Birrea tacos sound delicious!
    Rita how scary! Hope you’re feeling better.
    Michele sorry to learn the hotel cost will cut your trip short.
    Missing Karen in VA and KJ/Kelly…

Today’s (8/12) gratitude: The gift of sight.
    08/11: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, dogs to powerline. Steps:7292
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=1 CI= 1561CO=607
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, chiropractor, vet for rX, post office, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s. Wt:132.5
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Do you have a little routine to set the stage when you walk through the door at the end of your day ?

g5hyrpmt7pd4.png

One of the first things I do is to walk Rhody outside.

Depending on how much light I have or where I am in the yard, I might gaze at the stars, pull a few weeds, look at the flowers, watch the changing colours in the sky ...

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    m074wcndogfr.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Barbara- giving her a bath was pretty easy. She was just looking around. I did hold onto her while we both shampooed her.
    At least she is the only one that really needs a bath.
    In the past, we have had to flea bath ALL of them.
    The smallest one was the hardest to keep in the bath.
    The biggest thing is having the water temp right-they don't like it too cold but don't want it too hot.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Do you know that hotel rates have gone WAAAAYYYY up. For us to go to Denise on Fri, Sat, Sun, and come home Mon would be over $1200. It’s $300 for the room on Fri and Sat. It drops to $120 on Sun and Mon. So we’re thinking that we’ll go up Sun, stay Mon and watch PJ while Denise goes to work, and come home Tues. Waiting to hear from Denise if this is OK, but it should be. We also need to call the lady who will take care of Loki to be sure she can do it (I think she probably will be able to)

Teresa et al left this morning and got to the condo around 3. Jess and Colby were there already. I can tell Jess is very happy to be there. I’m sure Teresa and them are, too. There were a few minor glitches, but that always happens when we go to the condo and haven’t been there in a while. Nothing major, tho.

Allie – HUGS and more HUGS. What a strong woman you are!

Tracey – you know, I don’t know if the city sets the prices or not. Boy, you are a baby! 13 years younger than I am! Holy moley I missed it …. what is the toothpick trick? How wonderful that your loan came in!

Lisa – glad your family is where they are. The wildfires won’t cross the ocean

Rita – so glad it wasn’t a heart attack. That’s the last thing you need

Cut the grass today. Raining tonight so probably won’t get my walk in, but got steps in with cutting the grass.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a KettleWorx Resistance, Chest & Back, and Abs DVD’s. Then have to go to WalMart (don’t want to go tonight in case it starts to really rain) then probably take a walk down to Food Lion.

Carol – happy birthday (early, tho it is)

Rebecca – you have my permission to go back to not posting pictures of your meals. Makes me too hungry……:)

Michele NC

Awe, Michele, I have to post photos! Its one of the codes of conduct when being an official Foodie!😁😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Lisa: Nice setup. 🥰 the paintings
    Tracey: Yay! For new computer. That should simplify things for your studies
    Machka: If I have been out for a while, the first thing I do when I get home is put the kettle on, go to the bathroom, then have a coffee. If I’ve been shopping, the first thing I do is put the groceries away. Habits and routines 😝
    Interesting info on brain injury.

Having a relaxed day. Will Skype with family after lunch.

☘️ Terri