Aug 2 – 4.77 miles
    Aug 4 – 3.28 miles
    Aug 5 – 4.34 miles
    Aug 6 – 8.02 miles
    Aug 8 – 4.01 miles
    Aug 9 - 4.26 miles
    Aug 14 – 4.01 miles
    Aug 15 – 5.13 miles

I met a friend for 5 miles this morning. It was sprinkling rain but nothing major. We had some big storms roll through last night and were under tornado watches for a while. It was still pretty humid out there.

@quilteryoyo – I’m thinking keeping up with 10 2-3 year olds at day care was great training for rabbit capturing! I was working from home yesterday and my cat caught a chipmunk, brought it into the house, to the second floor where I was working and then let it go. Have you ever tried catching one of those in the house? About 30 minutes later, I finally captured it in a cat carrier and it stayed in it long enough for me to get it outside before squeezing through one of the holes in the carrier. Happy Birthday to your mom!

Happy Birthday @SummerSkier! Hope you have a great day celebrating!

Are those trail shoes @TheMrWobbly? Good looking tread on them.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Thank you @tarun_yadavA ! That sounds like a great trip.

@Teresa502 . I'm glad you weathered the storms okay. I had actually gone to bed early and was awake until almost 3 because of all the storms rumbling through. No damage that I'm aware of, just lots of water. I would think catching a chipmunk would be hard. I'm glad you got it outside before it escaped the cage. Great running, BTW.

That's interesting @chris_in_cal . And a bit scary.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Alabama white BBQ sauce, but I googled it too. I'm going to have to pass on that. Mayonaise on BBQ just sounds gross.

exercise.png

@kgirlhart riiiighhhtttt!?
    Hahaha... Don't shoot the (tourist) messenger!
    Have a word with your southern state cousin for being 'weird' (I thought it tasted good but whatever [then again - I had had 6 beers and IPAs prior!] ).
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Alabama white BBQ sauce, but I googled it too. I'm going to have to pass on that. Mayonaise on BBQ just sounds gross.

exercise.png

@kgirlhart riiiighhhtttt!?
    Hahaha... Don't shoot the (tourist) messenger!
    Have a word with your southern state cousin for being 'weird' (I thought it tasted good but whatever [then again - I had had 6 beers and IPAs prior!] ).

It might be really good. It just seems odd. But I am all for tasting different foods.
  • quilteryoyo
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Thanks @SummerSkier ! It was a great run, regardless.

Enjoy the hill country @martaindale !

@shanaber You and Hobbes both look so happy. No wonder you were tired if you did that 5 times! Glad you felt good today too! You are amazing. Thanks for the birthday wishes for mom.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good morning All, if you receive a random request to allow Andrew W as a follower on Strava, that is me!

@Teresa502 yes, Asics Gel Sonoma trail shoes. Figured at my current weight best to have the extra stability, and I do tend to run through woods rather than stick to tarmac alone.

I wish my little pooch would look that satisfied @shanaber instead of staring at me as if I short-changed him after our walk.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great run @tarun_yadavA ! I like food programs too, but not those with the really weird foods. They just make me gag. :lol:

Thanks @Scott6255 . I'm so sorry you struggled with your run and hope you are feeling better today. Thanks so much for running the 8.8 miles for mama yoyo! That made my morning. :smiley:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Hobbes looked like he was having a blast at agility class and he looks like a happy dog all knocked out on the chair afterwards!

@quilteryoyo Funny about tippy and the storm. Glad it turned out to be nothing major.