Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    Options
    Lanette I bought a cross shredder at Office Max. The 10 page version because it was the same size as my old one and I liked the size. Recommended to put lubricate right in to slot and leave for 20 minutes before starting to shred. No thick cardboard or too thin of paper. No window inserts or DVD in this one. I am putting about 6 paper at a time so be on the safe side. So far so good. Pile is shrinking. It will be good for continual shredding. I am also putting some lubricate on a piece of paper when I fill the bin. It will automatically shut off before it gets too full. I guess in the past shredders would clog if the shredded paper got too close to the bins. I do shake it a bit to by a little more time before I empty it.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Quite a set up for our sweet Miles, Allie! And here, I used to shove all 3 kids into one bedroom. So a baby, a 4 yr old and an 9 yr old. We had a bunk bed for the 4 and 9, and the crib turned into a toddler bed. We were like that until the eldest got into high school.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    I had no doubt Pip- you da bomb.com 😁
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Yay Pip!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I love to hear you sounding more optimistic and with more energy. Why is it that we don't recognise what is going on with us until we are out of it? <3 I've been the same in the past. Now I usually catch it earlier. It only took me nearly 74 years!
    I really hope your daughter is able to achieve her happiness before too long. Sending love.

Quiet day today. I'm hoping to do a veggie curry tonight. Have cauliflower, chickpeas and sweet potato. Didn’t eat the broccoli yesterday as meals were a bit sideways. Hope it holds out for tomorrow. Might change and use it today for frittata. I bought huge free range eggs yesterday. Your chicks would have bust, Lanette. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,222 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    Options
    Well she is 68 yrs old right now, but does so much more then I can do.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

68 is still young enough to do quite a lot. :)

My husband, with a severe brain injury, is still cycling 50 km rides and doing quite a bit of gardening. If he didn't have the brain injury, he'd be doing a lot more.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I passed this past weeks session with 100%, got 100% on my presentation as well.
    The next two weeks are the same course. Learning how to teach math and English to exceptional children.

Today I have done some crafting for myself and DH. I also made mugs and coasters for my cousin who is renting us their camper. This will be a thank you gift.
    leohdwvrs6xh.jpeg
    owss9wtue42o.jpeg
    knw2lqv5x843.jpeg

Now I’m being lazy.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Go you!

And nicely done on the crafting!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka Always love seeing your wedding pic. Like you I’ve been diagnosed with venous insufficiency after blood clots in my left leg. Wonder if I have the same mutation? Was the genetic test expensive?
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie

My genetic mutation is MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase), and I'm homozygous for MTHRF meaning that both my parents have genetic mutations.

Gene mutations are inherited, which means you acquire them from your parents. At conception, you receive one copy of the MTHFR gene from each parent. If both have mutations, your risk of having a homozygous mutation is higher.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/mthfr-gene#variants

My mutation is C677T.

The MTHFR C677T mutation can lead to high levels of homocysteine in the blood and low levels of folate and other vitamins. At it happens, when I was diagnosed, I had quite a high homocysteine level - I was "high risk".

I need to take Vit B12, Vit B6 and Megafol 5 (folic acid 5mg) because MTHFR can lead to a deficiency in them. Magnesium is also recommended, so I take that.

Nexium is a big ol' no-no for me because Nexium blocks absorption of vitamin B12 and other nutrients (including Magnesium).

The test cost me $0.00.

I'm not sure if that's because it doesn't cost anything in Australia or if it is because my travel insurance covered it.

The test method is described as a Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and restriction enzyme analysis.

Machka in Oz