WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Kate Those are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do you have a pattern? or did you create them yourself? If there is a pattern would you share?

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    My latest knitting obsession

o3243302gc4l.jpeg
    z4zdcyoe7x92.jpeg
    8lxacxwjxi4y.jpeg
    7zwl5pdh85tg.jpeg
    oi8km1eppebh.jpeg

Kate UK ❤️

They are all so sweet! If Athena didn't already have zillions of stuffed animals, I would just want them all! But I think they are set for both her lifetime, and her up and coming brother.💖. So cute!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Kate. Your knitting projects are amazing. As a knitter, I know how much work they are and I applaud you for your skill and patience 😻🌻
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Kate ~ So, So Cute!
    You are very talented.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kim not sure MFP will let me put link but if you google Julie Williams knitting her patterns should come up.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Kate, love you knitted animals...so cute!

Happy anniversary, Machka. Beautiful place you went to and very nice pic of you both.

Allie, I'm sure you will have an awesome cruise. Enjoy your time away.

Busy again today with some more dills and also did some relish. Getting to the end of dealing with my cucumbers. Next year I'm planning on downsizing and only having 10 plants as way too many this year. Made a note to myself as I'm sure I will forget and forge ahead with two long rows again.

Had more rain yesterday amounting to about an inch. Farmers were just starting to combine peas but now everything is at a standstill as fields are too wet to accommodate the heavy equipment. Hoping for some dry, hot days now.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

o3243302gc4l.jpeg
    z4zdcyoe7x92.jpeg
    8lxacxwjxi4y.jpeg
    7zwl5pdh85tg.jpeg
    oi8km1eppebh.jpeg

Kate UK ❤️

Kate- those are the cutest!!!! Very impressive. I love to sew but only barely crochet(haven't in years and even then, didn't finish ther blanket I was making for a friend's baby who is now 40+yrs old) Never tried knitting
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous work, Kate UK. :D<3 I'm going to start learning to crochet with my granddaughter. I fancy making a cushion cover out of granny squares. I used to knit a lot when I was young, but I've never tried animals. What do you do with them?

Nothing on TV. I'm off to my bed to watch a video.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options

o3243302gc4l.jpeg
    z4zdcyoe7x92.jpeg
    8lxacxwjxi4y.jpeg
    7zwl5pdh85tg.jpeg
    oi8km1eppebh.jpeg

Kate UK ❤️

I want one!!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Well, just came back from signing all the paperwork for the new Bette! Get to start transporting stuff to the new trailer!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Machka Happy anniversary to such a lovely couple! Sounds like you had a great time.

Kate your animals are the cutest!

Allie have a marvelous cruise!

My horse lesson was slow today. Biscuit did something to her eye, and she was holding it closed as though it stung. But the stable decided she should work anyway so we just moved slowly. She was very dependent on my trainer, and wanted to follow her like a puppy dog. So a very interesting lesson but a little sad. I'm sure a little Neosporin or something will fix Biscuit's eye.

Meanwhile my Dad is up to his usual tricks. His foot hurts, maybe a stress fracture. So I suggested he put ice on it. He sees the doctor tomorrow afternoon. His idea was to have me hold the lawnmower while he tried to raise the blade. I said I would put that on my list for later. If he can't mow the lawn with a bum foot, I might have to learn how. But for now I have thirty minutes to rest before I make dinner.

I think it's hamburgers tonight. I had both tuna salad and meatloaf on the menu this week but both need to be made ahead, so that didn't happen.

And then I need to get back to my exercise. It's been a month of relaxing, now it's time to get moving!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    One more thing - I found a PubMed article by Alessio Fasano, who identified the source of "leaky gut". It's pretty intriguing - All disease begins in the (leaky) gut: role of zonulin-mediated gut permeability in the pathogenesis of some chronic inflammatory diseases

Good background for Dr. Vojdani's interview, mentioned above. Dr. V mentioned in the interview that some of this gut research is pretty new and most GP's and family docs might not be aware of it. There are ways around "eliminate everything on the allergy list for the rest of your life." :p

Lanette
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    @yb7qd7zng5 , Rosa in MI and @readynhealth , Ready in Cali, welcome! We're glad you're here.

Machka - You and Rowan look amazing, so spiffy in your bling and formal clothes. Happy anniversary, dear heart, what a lovely and well deserved way to celebrate.

Kate - Loving the knitted soft toys! I'd only seen the crochet amigurumi. Yours are just lovely, and very expertly done.

Had a severe reaction to the latest medication today, still tired and cranky but feeling quite a bit better. Have to send a message to the gastroenterologist office to see if they want to try something else, because I will not be continuing with this one.

Corey's off starting this evening through Monday to have some time with the son and fiancée, look forward to some time with him. The weather is supposed to finally break with thunderstorms Sunday night, and high temps dropping by nearly 20 degrees, down near 90, on Monday, so we'll have at least one day with them where it's not just brutally hot.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,135 Member
    Options

Kate: They are so cute. I can’t knit anymore because of my thumb arthritis.
    Machiavelli: What a lovely couple you make
    ji1ljja3qg4o.png

Allie: Have a great time.

☘️ Terri
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is Cynthia Pensacola.
    M.Turk- Yoga teaches Diaphragmatic breathing. I call it belly breathing. It is so helpful for stress. If you look at babies and young children they automatically belly breathe. I can't remember at what age it switches. I took yoga for core strengthening it was one on one. The first thing we started with was breathing. I found it very helpful.