WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Kate – what do you do to relax your sciatic nerve? Love the knitting

Barbara – I’m interested in sugar right now. When you say “sugar in vs mfp” what exactly do you mean?

Barbie – whichever dog you get will be one lucky pooch, that’s for sure

M – happy anniversary. What a breathtaking place! I love your necklace and earrings

Allie – add me to the list of everyone wishing you a great trip and looking forward to hearing all about it

Rita (((HUG)))

Rosa – welcome! This is a fast moving thread that’s for sure. Be prepared :)

ready – welcome

Waiting on Vince to go for a walk. I don’t want to get him out of the habit.

Lanette – yea Gladys

Cynthia – welcome

Michele NC
    who will probably walk to the dollar store to see if they have a cosmetics bag to fit her mahjongg card
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    MICHELLE saw a little bit in a YT video look for Nerve Glide, the oneI did was a girl livinleggings

Kate UK ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Going to try and get some sleep we shall see.. night ladies.
    Barbie- I'll be watching to see what kind of pup you get
    So exciting...
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @deejoan
    How do you bookmark a particular section? I use the app on my laptop and cannot find any link on the page to bookmark with. Thank you

There is a flag beside the title at the top of the page. Click it and it turns blue and the page is added to your bookmarks.

Lisa: That’s an interesting article. I find making lists clears the mind and helps me focus.

I was planning a me day, as DH was going birdwatching with one of his pals. He just got a phone call from said friend who was up sick all night. The outing is cancelled, so am rethinking my day. Not the end of the world, just a minor distraction 😝

9o7dfmr4tafe.jpeg

☘️ Terri

Terri, thank you for the information. DeeJoan
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Welcome @deejoan. After you bookmark the thread:8tu6r02vp9hj.jpg , click your profile pic and "Bookmarks" will list those you’ve saved.
    Kate so good to see you posting again, despite the rough year. Hope your PT gave you some warm ups to do before the stretching to make it less painful. :cry:
    Ginny “when [the legs] feel better I slide on exercises” and “My slide times are shorter now because I know it works.” Ditto. Daily-ish PT exercises keep me walking and dancing.
    Annie your father’s negative C-19 test, what a relief!
    Machka your eucalyptus flavored honey sounds like just the ticket for sweetening winter teas.
    Lisa have a care. I was immune to poison oak until I was 13, then boy oh boy did I get a horrible reaction, internal swelling, the whole shebang. Poison oak, mosquitoes and wasps, whatever was the Creator thinking? Thanks for the Aging Fears article. Good way to evict those peace of mind thieves.
    Heather :love: Johnny’s latest.
    Debbie brava for not standing and listening to the rants. Self care and good example.
    Lanette that Direct Care clinic sounds wonderful.
    Michele hooray for Vince’s “surprise” ;)
    Today’s (8/23) gratitude: Lone Ranch Beach only ten minutes’ drive away.
    08/23: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dance class, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8610
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=8, CI<CO net=592
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, AD. reconcile checking, savings, visa, visit DS, return K’s call. Wt: 131.8 08/22: Move:ZERO sets PT stroll with T. Steps:8691
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-4 CI<CO net=407
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, AD . casserole-a-thon. Wt: 131.2
    08/21 corrected: Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-6 CI<CO net=580
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.

Thank you for the information. Dee Joan
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I started this post about hours ago, then this cute guy came to my house and I also watched a great Dhru Purohit video - The ROOT CAUSES Of Allergies, Why They Get WORSE & How To Get Rid Of Them | Dr. Elroy Vojdani. That title is kind of a misnomer - it's more about gut health and repair than allergies per se, but does tell about the pros and cons of both blood and prick allergy tests.

This was a long video presentation, over 2 hours, but shed a lot of light on the symptoms I wanted to talk to Dr. Matt (the Naturopath I'm seeing this Monday) about after I eat sometimes - stuffy nose, flushing, bloating, joint pain. So good timing. Dr. Matt had the "Shake the Sugar" program last September that some of us signed up for.

In the video, Dr. Vojdani talks about leaky gut, how it was "discovered", how to repair. Too much to go into here, but if anyone has a couple hours to spare, this might be an interesting way to spend them. He talks about IBS and other bowel issues too. How RA is often linked with mouth bacteria/tooth infections after extractions, and other autoimmune conditions. This is on my re-watch list.

Rosa - Welcome, sounds like you have good docs to help you with your autoimmune symptoms. Hope you start to heal. I don't know if I could do anything real restrictive. Maybe for a few weeks. :D

Oh, that cute guy came to do the yearly service on my heat pump! :p He looked like a teenager but was probably 30, lol. Helped insert a paper filter into the Honeywell air cleaner (I can finally put those metal filters aside, cumbersome to wash and hard for me to remove and replace in the unit) and gave me good tips on how to set the thermostat now that I plan to NOT use the woodstove much.

Carol - hope that squirrel leaves and doesn't come back. Caffeine is my drug of choice. I could probably cut back if I had to, but eliminating would be hard for me.

Lisa -great article, good reminder that our older years aren't necessarily all gloom and doom.

Machka - great photos of you and your DH, very elegant. You both look like you are in your 40's.
    That venue was beautiful.

Rita - gosh, a lot going on for you. Sending HUGS - hope it's a temporary thing that got those tests out of kilter, like your super hot weather, and things calm back down soon. Sending good thoughts your way.

Annie - that meal sounded wonderful. Glad you were able to get away for a bit.

Michele - thank you for the freezing sweet corn info. I don't eat a lot of it, but the hens like to clean off the cobs for a treat.

Pip - where are you and Kirby going to take new Bette on her maiden voyage?

Kate - you have been busy with your knitting needles. What special little critters, they are simply awesome. Well done. They would make cherished keepsake gifts. <3

Barbie - any news on the possible canine addition? I am SO excited for you. :)

Allie - Bon Voyage!

Chicken news - Gladys gave me another double yolker this morning. Three days in a row now. That girl needs to slow it down, take a few days off. She's always starved it seems so I put out more feed just for her. <3 I feed her, she feeds me.

Welcome all new ladies! Glad to see you jumping in. <3 More I want to comment on but need to get moving. A chilly 47F at my house this morning, it's now edging up to the mid-80's, which is tolerable.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I’ll type more when I get home, it will b here where we r now. Pismo beach
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Allie - Bon voyage!

Kate - love the knitted critters. I would have trouble giving them up too.

Barbie - hopè the right pup finds you.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,139 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Woke up at 2:30 am.maybe 4 hrs sleep,so hard on travel days hopefully snooze on the plane.
    At this time of day takes about 30 mins to airport so will leave by 4:30.
    Have my compression socks on.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Machka, so sorry about your bees. Do they get mites and viruses and such?

Annie in Delaware

They won't get Varroa mites because we don't have Varroa mites in Tasmania ... yet. Hopefully never.

But there are other diseases they can get.

It appeared like there was a bit of mould in the hive, which suggests it has been a while since the queen laid eggs.

teklawa1 wrote: »
    The medical appointments for my sister are over until September 9. The immunotherapy she has been taking has caused secondary adrenal Insufficiency and hypothyroidism. The steroids cause her sleep/wake cycles to be totally out of whack. On Sunday she said she feels she is on borrowed time. We talked. I told her that really we all are on borrowed time and just have to make the most of each day. She agreed and she lives that philosophy. She is amazing. My heart is heavy. I hope we have lots more time together.

Betsy in NW WA

I hope so too.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Tracey, love your shirts! Yes I have been to NWT years ago. My Newfoundland trip starts from Cornerbrook and requires flying into Deer Lake Airport which is not that easy from Edmonton so I took the option of starting in Halifax and taking the ferry over to Newfoundland. Was told it may be an overnight ferry trip and if so, we will have sleeping accommodations. Looking forward to seeing whales and puffins. Newfoundland has some stunning scenery and so much history.

Off to Costco this morning so taking a break from my garden.

Overcast....not sure if it's smoky or going to shower. Enjoy the day, ladies.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

I've been to all the provinces except the maritime provinces. And I've been to NWT. :) One day I'd like to get to the parts where I have not been!

cyntdooley wrote: »
    The last thing was on the tides and the sea and how it is affected by the moon. Cindy from Pensacola.

I've learned some of that over the past decade of living in Tasmania, with tides nearby.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I did turn 65 at the beginning of the month (Thanks Betsy – I saw your wishes)
    Kim in N. California

Happy Birthday!!

And I'm sorry you've had a rough month.

pipcd34 wrote: »
    Welllll, we did it, our new purchase
    qj5nbwoz8uah.jpeg

A big unit this time!

Planning to do more camping than you have been?

Machka in Oz