Welcome!!
    from Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Cindy from Pensacola here
    [bMatchka[/b]
    I love your story of how you and your husband met. It's a beautiful story. We are all dealing with adversity it seems like. You both seem to have risen to the top. I know you have to take each day one day at a time. Thank you for sharing again for the Newby here. Hugs to you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,891 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    The last 3 months have seen me have a terrible bought of arthritis where everything hurt like the dickens, a colitis D attack, a UTI, and then the Asthma attack. My NP believes something is going on and so do I so, I am doing another blood test for food sensitivities to address my gut, and awaiting for the other doctor appointments to resolve what I can’t on my on. I am so glad I go to a functional doctor for my PC! They begin with the better diet and look for the root cause of the issues, not just treat the symptoms.

Thank you all for your concerns. I love you all!!

RVRita in Roswell, NM

A lot of that could be stress.

I believe that chronic stress from my husband's situation and a few things going on in my life too over the past 5+ years has been the root cause of my Chronic Kidney Disease. I think it raised my BP and a high or highish BP is one of the things that can cause CKD (plus I've had minor kidney issues for quite a while).

I do box breathing before I embark on a really stressful situation or before I have my BP tested.

I hope you can make some changes that ease your stress level.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I post these things periodically, but I do like to look at health and wellness from an overall perspective.

g4y89vdz0yfg.png

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My walking total hasn't been great this month ...

hz9xwebmiez0.png

Today was another day of hauling rocks!!

I've wanted to edge the plant portion of my dry stream with rock ... so I've started on that now. :)

We went up and got more rock. Then I pulled up some of the rocks that are already there (there aren't many) and began pulling up the weeds around them. Then pulling up grass and weeds where the new rocks will go.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Terri- I envy you and Heather's opportunities to go to fresh markets. While we have "fresh" vegetables at grocery stores it is not quite the same as I experienced when in England. We do have a farmer's market during the summer which can be nice but the rest of the year not much. Always guessing when you buy the exactly how fresh they are and how long they will last.

Take care all,
    Ginny in Ohio

That's one thing I like about Australia too ... we've got fresh fruit and veg places with some very nice produce. :)

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Lanette thanks for info on the gut. I have been a strong believer for years in the importance of gut health.

Yellow jackets are out in force here. Yesterday DH got stung on hand and a neighbor two on the back. Neighbors sound like they have set up behind a wall. That is when you need the exterminators.

DH was glad I knew about the bentonite clay and vinegar poultice. It gave him the most relief. Reminded him I had twelve of these two years ago where the wasps continued to sting. He might now realize how dangerous that was for me and how much it hurt.

As much as I enjoyed my friends pool I don't think it is wise for me to go back this time of year with all the wasps she was filtering out of her pool.

I did get two big piles out of the house yesterday to Goodwill. That is the step where I usually bog down.

I find when I am relaxed breathing from the diaphragm comes naturally. When I am tense or worried my breathing is shallow. The shallow breathing unfortunately only adds to the problem.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I’m enjoying watching the hummingbirds this morning. There are two who visit my feeder, and they both seem to chase each other away.

Katla in Illinois