AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Decided to make some use of my rarely used gym membership today and take an easy recovery run of 6.3km. My legs are feeling ok. I probably will just do recovery runs up to my races on Saturday and hopefully that will be enough to let my body recover so that I can push the pace a little bit- obstacle races do take considerably longer than normal races though.

My first race is a 3km family run with the kids, so I don’t think I will have to run super fast there. More just be a motivational coach ;) and enjoy the time with the two oldest kids. My main event will be a 12km run with quite a lot of random up and downhill running. The race usually involves underwater submersion, mud, sand, climbing lots of random obstacles and carrying heavy things. So, yeah, a lot of different mini challenges and some bruises are usually involved :).

Finishing up August I have an even 143/160km of running. Even though I didn’t quite make my goal I am very satisfied of achieving that mileage with taking a week off and getting over jet lag :).

Sounds like fun! And good call in recovery runs only. At this point I don't think there's any "training" you can do to improve on your race fitness.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    Imprisoned Shamu still there?
    A gilded cage...or pool.

I was gleefully splashed by Shamu as a child. We are savages. The heat got hot so they moved the shamus (they have eight) to exhibits, and no longer have them perform tricks.