Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka-I can relate on the heat issue. I seem to be warm all the time now and have random overly-hot periods of a few minutes. Not like hot flashes. Those came from inside and radiated out. This is just an overwhelming heat all over, mostly on my head. However, the mister is always cold (I think a side effect of some medication he's taking), so we have a battle with the thermostat. He keeps it at or over 78F/25.5C. I want it well below that in the daytime and I'd love it around your temp at night. He likes to sleep in a sauna (always has). When he's at work, I crank the A/C down and I'm comfortable. At night, I toss and turn and sweat. Then he complains that I have health risks for not getting enough sleep. Well, he can just wear a sweater and get another blanket! It's so frustrating.

Have a good day!
    Tina in CA

The temp simply wouldn't be that high in my house!!

I'd either burst into flame or melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

My husband and I sleep in separate beds, but same room. One of the benefits of that is he can sleep under a large warm down duvet ... and I can sleep under a sheet and light blanket.

I have a friend who lives in Honduras. She seems to like it.

M in Oz

I have mentioned the separate beds idea and he won't go for it. So, when I get too hot, I go into the guest room and sleep with the fan blasting. This will happen more and more often for the next few weeks because it's just stinking hot here and we no longer have house guests. I generally sleep much better when I'm alone in a bed.

I frequently feel like I'm bursting into flames. I know it's the house temp because I'm generally just fine when we are elsewhere.

Tina in CA

[/quote

We sleep in the same bed BUT- have our own sheets/blankets. He stays on his side and I stay on mine. I have the sheet folded in half with just one blanket on my side right now- will add a few more during the winter. The catio is connected to the window which is on my side of the bed and it is open 24/7 all year long-I do close it 1/2 way when it gets really cold and they are not out there as much. He sleeps on top on his side with a blanket available if he needs it. He used to be terrible about taking all the blankets and I would get so mad at him. Now, not a problem.
    I have slept in the living room on nights where he isn't using his CPAP and the snoring is just too much to deal with.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Betsy--The other chiropractor when my hip was out he was very rough and I do think he hurt my ribs. It was very intense. So Monday I went back to my regular one and he did wonders. I will be going to him now.
    Rita--Thanks I will check that out.
    Rebecca--Eli is so cute, Athena looks like a good big sister.
    Barbie--How scary, I pray Jake is doing better and home soon.
    Heather--Very nice write up about DDIL.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼
    Hi Friends,
    I am 33 pages behind but just wanted to pop in an let you all know my vacation was wonderful. I got home safely, albeit 6 hours late, on Sunday. My friends in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania were happy for my visit and were wonderful hosts. My special friend in New Hampshire exceeded my expectations for compatibility, compassion and fun. Even my friends bonded with him. Our story would make a pretty typical Lifetime movie. ❤ (sigh)

Stay well friends. I'm going back to reading and catching up with your busy lives.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

glad to see you posting and that you had a wonderful trip!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 3min 36sec, 53elev, 2.89ap, 79ahr, 102mhr, 6.05mi= 576c
    Strava app= 741c
    Walk home to gym- 12.24min, .52mi= 49c
    Strava app = 64c
    Treadmill jog- 33.29min, 2.60mi @5.5sp, .40mi @6.0sp, .10mi @ 7.0sp, 10.47ap, 132ahr, 172mhr, 5k= 340c
    Walk gym to home- 12.57min, .53mi= 52c
    Strava app= 66c

Total cal 1017
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of 48 hour fasts. 🙃😁. I ate a good dinner at 6 pm and then fasted the whole next day. It helps to line up some projects so food isn't even "in the wheelhouse". If Cory isn't fasting just let him fix his own meals that day. It is hard to play chef when you want to eat. Water and or black coffee or plain tea. Eat nothing that will prompt your body into thinking food is coming. Even herbal teas can start the process. Usually that first night (at 26 or so hrs mark) I get super cold. Its just that all my energy is going to organs to keep them happy, so hands and feet you're on your own. I take baths or showers. Remember it is not just fasting that you're doing, but you're giving your body a rest, its cleaning house, and its a great reset. If you need to call me, tag me on Facebook and we can giggle at each other on Messenger.🤗. My face is my profile pic.🙃
    Rebecca

Rebecca - Thank you for the advice! Luckily, Corey's the chef, so no worry on me having to cook for either one of us. Plus, he's really good about cooking things for himself that I don't like, such as pork chops, or chili, or sausage and beans. And unfortunately, no Facebook or Messenger... walked away from that a couple years back. And...
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[0]\
    6564/8/0.

That's Egg, signing off for the night. :smiley:
    wd4depez7ejc.png

Well if you ever need a chat down off of wishing to chow on yer arm, just send me a private message and I will happily give ya my phone number. Just let it ring some because 1957 rotary phone is upstairs so I gotta make a mad dash to catch it. Many times I don't rush because I don't want to be outta breath talking.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Rori - So happy to hear from you. Glad things are going well. :D What a lot of adventures of the heart.

Tracey - Looks like you've been busy! Good job on being creative. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Beautiful bouquet.

Kylia - Wow! Ziplining! I'll never say never, but you are a lot braver than me! <3 Bravo!

Not too bad a night. Paracetamol and Sudafed inhaler. I'm upstairs again, so as not to disturb DH with my snoring, coughing, and sneezing. Haven't slept in the same bed since the heatwave began. I'm enjoying it for now! I always take him a cup of tea in the morning, and we chat for a while, holding hands, so we don't lose the connection. :D<3
    I slept for two hours yesterday afternoon, and was asleep by 10 last night. Had a break in the night, but got back to sleep again. It's turned out to be a streaming cold, which makes me achey and shivery, but nothing terrible. Haven't had a really bad cold for a few years.

I will be missing my MDMD meeting today. It's a small room, and I don't want to spread this around. Shame, as I was going to treat myself to lunch and window shopping. I still have the Saga £25 voucher to spend. I have emailed the co-ordinator, who is lovely and understanding.

So, a quiet day, with just a bit of writing. I didn’t even do that yesterday. I would like to get to the page today and write a few quotes that have inspired me. I was looking at some in the middle of the night. <3

Barbie - Hope your patience is holding up! Plenty of opportunity for spiritual growth. <3o:)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Tina - love the photos

Barbie - Sorry to hear Jake is in the hospital, but so glad they found the infection and can get him treated.

Rebecca - what sweet pictures of Eli and Athena.

Bare feet - I am always bare footed. I really don’t like anything on my feet. In the summer I will walk out into our yard barefooted. In winter I manage to put footwear on outside, but again am bare in the house.

Kelly - I am so excited for your daughter and family to be moving closer to you. What a wonderful time you will have with your grandsons.
    I understand your daughter’s struggles working at a desk is what did me in as well.

Like others, my weight is up right now. I had been doing well but got lazy again. I need to keep it up.

Rita - glad to hear your son is doing better, I hope he makes some changes to his lifestyle as well.

Kylia - I would love to try zip lining.

I had a lovely birthday one of my former coworkers surprised me with lunch at Olive Garden, DH came home with a bouquet. I am excited to turn 55, I’ll now get the seniors discount at Michael’s.

I made a couple to hang in my living room window for the Fall season.
    Ceramics tonight. I finished the project I was working on
    55zvv11kdkfk.jpeg
    rhfke74ijaot.jpeg
    12dlw57vll8a.jpeg
    edwc7fu3rjh7.jpeg

Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment. Hopefully my last for a while.

Tracey in Edmonton

Happy Birthday!

And your projects are great!