WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,914 Member
    Options
    2023 Self-Care September 2023

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate the people who rescue dogs. I caught a very friendly dog this morning and have listed him on 3 different sites for lost dogs in my area.
    Meditation: daily. 14/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 14/30
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 0/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 1/20

Rita
    Stop B12
    Switch DHEA to every other day on sept 6
    Kev
    Add folic acid, once a day
    Add magnesium to 3x a day
    Up Berberine to 3x a day

Foods to avoid:

Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5784, 9858(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 200/208—(733%) should be 172 by October 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)72/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4 (500%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/23 (681%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 35
    /12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish. It’s essential. Making time!
    2. Notice the things you do well, however small. I will. Talking to campers, meeting dogs, electronics.
    3. Let go of self-criticism and speak to yourself kindly. I will try!
    4. Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it. Did this already! Went for a long walk this morning.
    5. Forgive yourself when things go wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. This will be hard because I tend to blame myself for everything.
    6. Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise, and go to bed on time. Will Do!
    7. Give yourself permission to say ‘no’.. I’m doing this more often now.
    8. Be willing to share how you feel and and ask for help when needed. I will try to remember to ask for help when I need it rather than struggle and get frustrated.
    9. Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect. This needs to be a mind change for me. Whenever I do something, I get upset if it is not perfect. I need to make it a point to accept what the result is while doing my best.
    10. When you find things hard, remember it’s ok to not be ok. This is apt for today.
    11. Make time to do something you really enjoy. I hope to go ‘window shopping’ today. Did this and colored.
    12. Get active outside and give your mind and body a natural boost. Went for a 20 minute walk then the rain started.
    13. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a loved one.
    14. If you’re busy, allow yourself to pause and take a break.
    15. Find a caring calming phrase to use when you feel low. “Breathing in,I am relaxing. Breathing out, I am relaxed.”
    16. Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly.
    17. No plans day. Make time to slow down and be kind to yourself.
    18. Ask a trusted friends to tell you what strengths they see in you.
    19. Notice what you are feeling without any judgement.
    20. Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories.
    21. Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside.
    22. Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still.
    23. Let go of other people’s expectations of you.
    24. Accept yourself and remember that your are worthy of love.
    25. Avoid saying ‘I should’ and make time to do nothing.
    26. Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents.
    27. Free up time by canceling any unnecessary plans.
    28. Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn.
    29. Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself.
    30. Remind yourself you are enough, just as you are.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    Well my DS is supposed to be discharged today. He is going to stay with his aunt (Ex-sister-in-law)for a while until he recuperates. I hope he changes his ways for a while at least!

Thank you so much to those of you who donated to help with his medial costs. Every bit helps.
    RVRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    Tracey- so glad your near the end of work...I swear my job and the stress from it caused part of my heart issues,the rest is hereditary.
    Sleep wise its Cbd gummies
    Ive been trying howand what works best. Right now ive found that a 1/4 gummie with my other meds seems to be just the ticket.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    9dbz7ikrprp3.png

this post was on my memories from a year ago on Facebook- it was the first thing I saw when I turned the computer on.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Heather - I hope you feel better soon. Sorry you missed your days activities.

All of you that show your activities, art and crafts have been inspiring me. I also believe as the stress is leaving, I’m getting me back.

Speaking of the stress leaving, my doctor put be off indefinitely and wrote that I would not be able to return to my former job. I submitted that along with a resignation this evening.
    Now as long as I am paid properly next week and my ROE is issued I’ll be done. I also have to pick up some personal belongs and drop keys off.

Rori - it was nice to see your post.

Lanette - you are doing an incredible job of keeping everything in good shape. So lucky they caught that mouse nest, they could ruin a whole car pretty quickly.

Vicki - it’s nice to read you are having an evening out.

Lisa - I hope you had a better day today.

Rebecca - I think I’ll be celebrating all week. I saw Jonah today and we took our annual birthday selfie. It was so exciting the night he was born, it makes me feel older faster now. 😂
    Saturday Kaitlyn is making supper for me and my friend is taking me out Sunday.

I can’t believe how alike Eli and Athena were at birth. He’s going to be so much fun to watch grow.

Pip - that was a lot for a rest day.

Sue - do you still rent mostly to travelling nurses?

Debbie - there are so many careless drivers out there. Glad you weren’t hit.

Barbie - it must be a huge relief to have Jake home. I hope he’s feeling better and continues to heal quickly.

Allie - I’ve been staying up later hoping I could sleep straight through, it’s not working. What’s your secret? Im so glad you’re getting this sleep.

Kylia - I think your time in the Smokies went way too fast.

I have an exam in the morning so should head to bed.

Tracey in Edmonton

Awe, good on ya! Yes grandkids are the physical representation of time, of age. Athena has the most distinct clear voice I have heard from a 4 yr old. Her father had a clear voice like that as well. I remember him and I on a bus, just chatting away. A passenger politely stops our conversation asking, "how old IS he"? I was like, " oh hes 4, why"? Lol!
    Enjoy your week of celebrating YOU!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little off today and i did take a nap but was up and got dressed so thats good anyway.nice weather so windows and slider are open..of course with screen closed.
    Nothing other than that going on
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The pink drink is a hefty glug of apple cider vinegar w/ honey and cayenne then sparkling grapefruit Ice drink.💖👍🏼
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,311 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    DH wanted to go out for a short walk this afternoon, and I had to stay awake for an Amazon delivery, so I decided to clean the glass oven door. :p I did a good job! Lovely and shiny. Next to tackle the actual oven.
    I've been relaxing by watching cleaning hack videos, so this was prompted by that. I was reminded to use a dishwasher tablet to scrub the grease off. :p
    Then DH returned and I could go up for my nap. The delivery included some halogen strip light bulbs, to replace the one that gave out on our standard lamp in the living room. It will also be a good opportunity to clear out all the crud and dead flies that have accumulated in the bowl.
    I'm still sneezing to beat the band, but I will resume some exercise tomorrow. I've had three days off from exercise and writing.
    Edie tomorrow afternoon.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- pushed Lucy in stroller- 2hrs 3min 35sec, 57elev, 2.94ap, 76ahr, 132mhr, 6.17mi= 624c
    Strava app = 755c

Well,no gym biking or spin, so the legs got a break. But I did give Chispa,aka cheerio aka cheese puff a bath and trimmed her up a bit and I made oatmeal. There is always something
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,279 Member
    Options
    ☘️ pg 29
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options