Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Hanging out with Alfie..
    Not much else going on.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Weird morning! Everything felt out of whack as Corey got up two hours later than usual and then went up to the courthouse for jury duty. He wasn't chosen for the first round, so they let him go at 10--he scrambled home, got his boots and work clothes on and headed out to work. He is scheduled to go back up again in two weeks. Not bad. Plus, if I know him, he'll make up for the four hours he missed today by working overtime for the rest of the week.

The only thing my first husband and Cor have in common (besides me... :blush:) was that they both are men who work--having known the only one of my sister's four husbands that genuinely despised working, and one of my brothers who felt the same way, my respect for working men has always been very high. There is a solidity and a ponderous grace to those with the trait of working that is undeniable, and one I can't help but admire. I put together 1,200 words yesterday on working in America, so it's on my mind.

Anyway... cloudy lovely day, only 80 outside, and with the clouds socked in, no need for air conditioning inside, so all the windows are open. Glorious air flooding the house...

Heather - I like both, and I think they are both a study in perspective and draw you in to that subtly defined center line. I'd like to see you do it in acrylics, too. Very well done.

Tracey - I like yours and Kaitlyn's pieces, too! The subtle differences are fun, side by side.

Rita - So pleased it's not TB, but pneumonia and the rest are nothing to sneeze at. I'm glad he's where he can be helped. Thinking about y'all.

Sitting here with my hair in a towel, need to get moving before it gets too dry and puffs like a dandelion.

Later, my dears,
    Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3

Katla in Illinois
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Atta girl Pip!!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Machka-State pulls things from data bases through BIC Cognos and they also use some Tableau Analytics. They are both so touchy. Cognos wouldn't be bad but major program area won't let us perform clean drill through. They have preset items in a query form-may be something they look of but not really useful for ground level users. Neither program brings payments in in a meaningful way.

Rita-hope son continues to heal. Pneumonia can also be very tough. I applaud your AF time. I think I least had a drink 40 some years ago. Don't miss it.

Rosemarie-I think boredom is a good sign, Don't push yourself-it can take awhile for energy to return fully.

Rebecca-your recipe sounds basic and good. I think sometimes people can go too far over the top with basic dishes. And what is important-you cooked it and you like it!

Nothing new in my world. Went to Credit Union and got myself off my son's account. Changed around an account to a higher yield money market I didn't know about. Came home, checked some records for work, got trash out. Going to go watch a bit of the football game-won't make it through all the way.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day of senior bowling. Organizational meeting and then free bowling. Afterwards, we cut the front lawn (weeds). Put down that weed killer around the pool. I DO NOT want them to grow back. After dinner took a walk around the neighborhood. Got packed to go tomorrow. Got in 16,000+ steps

Vibrantreader – welcome

pip – nice looking bike. Good deal, too

Betsy – HUG

The older I get, the slower I walk. I look at it as “at least I’m walking”

I don’t like to go barefoot. For one thing, I have this “thing” about germs on my feet. Probably stems from the fact that I seem to get a lot of plantar warts. For another thing, it hurts my feet. Probably because I’m not used to it

There is a lady at the soup kitchen who has Renaud’s syndrome. She was saying that even in summer, she sometimes has to wear gloves

regarding cold hands: you know what they say “cold hands, warm heart”

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Cold hands and feet, always and forever. Frequently wear gloves indoors. Sometimes socks even to bed. Today was an exception, got so warm at line dance class I actually took off my sweater. ;)

Kim yours to Lisa. And YIKES about the Medicare before Social Security insurance billing. :rage:
    Lisa your “life is nothing at all like I imagined it would be” story made me tear up. Love you.
    Tina welcome back!
    Too sleepy for more.
    Today’s gratitude:
    09/11:ibuprofen. Too many days between dance classes make for aching tired legs.
    Move: 3 sets PT w/2*x&a, line dance class, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8432
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=15 CI<CO net=700
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, ptT. ptS, lunch with T, laundry. Wt:132.3

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    September: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live mindfully with people, dogs, open heart and mind before mouth. Never miss an opportunity to keep the mouth shut!
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,364 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Kim, that you are having all this frustration. Most people don't understand what living on a tight budget is like. <3<3

Cooler weather has arrived at last. I can go back to sleeping with my husband. :p

We have Bea pick up today. Might even be raining! Hope my joints hold up, and my thigh. We won't have the long walk home, so it will only be about two and a quarter miles. Then I've got to get home. :o Over a mile. We used to choose to walk, but I am thinking bus part of the way. There is no direct bus from their house, so it's a walk and over a railway bridge to find one. Taxi from the station?
    Last week we had our date night on the way home, but ended up walking even further because of the emergency, so we had to take a detour. The date did not go well as we got heated in Fatto's. Wipe that and start again.

I've decided to save the left over frittata for DH's dinner, and I will have the Dahl Makhani from the freezer. I can have both of those ready in five minutes. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,364 Member
    Options
    Shall I get a bike?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Shall I get a bike?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    I am a bit envious of those who are cool/cold. I used to be that way, then perimenopause hit and I have been hot ever since. Even though my last period was 3 or 4 years ago.

I'm generally warm but now and then I get super hot.

I think I wore long sleeve tops maybe a dozen times this winter and otherwise I have been in short sleeves. I haven't worn a winter jacket at all. I'm mostly in capris or skirts so the cooler temperatures outside will touch my legs. I don't take trips up north in the state without a desk fan and of course I have one at home and one at work. I have the indoor temperature at home no higher than 18C.

I worry about going to people's places or to restaurants because they will likely be too hot. If they have the temperature set at 20C, it will be too hot.

It's stressful!

And when I get hot, everything prickles like pins and needles or as if I were wearing scratchy wool. And I feel nauseated. Not nice!

I enjoy any moment, however brief, where I actually feel a little bit cool.

M in Oz