What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    TGIF
    🍽️ Caesar salad with extra anchovies - of course.
    (I can’t be the only anchovy lover right??)

Butterflied Branzino sleeping in a bed of broccoli rabe. the skin came out extra crispy :) It looks like a stingray.

o4qmrjcoozrp.jpeg
    2bmf92so4lp0.jpeg

Oh my! Branzino looks delicious!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,613 Member
    Options
    We tired out mom too much today, and the nap I didn't want to wake her up from meant we missed dinner time at the retirement home. She was too tired to go eat out so I made some instant ramen for her pimped up with a few handfuls of fresh spinach and store bought rotisserie chicken breast she had in the fridge. The hubby and I ate afterwards in Little Italy.
    84q0yro6tvo9.jpeg
    0rvrpknykaph.jpeg

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    If you've ever wondered what 2 oz of basil leaves looks like... here you go :D I turned those into Chilled zucchini soup with lemon and basil (and olive oil, and cashews) which sounded far better than it was. It came out grainy and the flavor was so-so. When I filled my first bowl, I accidentally dripped some of the soup onto the counter, and I thought the pattern was too pretty not to keep for the picture haha

I had the soup with a ribeye the first day, and a filet mignon the next day. I felt particularly hungry for protein these past few days, so this hit the spot.

a8l7geutgcpm.jpg
    yas8qjrfk416.jpg
    bmm80hwlthy5.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Veal Chop Beau Séjour (with some alterations) plus spinach beans. A few years ago I had some spinach and some green beans left over from a couple other recipes. I decided to cook them together, and have never looked back. The spinach takes on this wonderfully velvety consistency when cooked with the green beans. (I know the veal chop looks goofy -- since I only wanted 4 oz for my portion, I had to chop it into pieces before serving.)

axkwehd0edqf.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Lamb & Beef Balti topped with kachumber salad. Plus plain yogurt with flaxseed oil. (I stirred it in after I took the photo, but it's prettier this way.)
    1o1olwjy6hsp.jpg
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    gains4lif3 wrote: »
    I made chickpea linguine with a lean beef and spinach marinara. Light hints of minced garlic and chopped onion as well. It was quite yummy.
    utnpg4o71b1m.jpeg

🙋🏼‍♀️ oof that looks delicious!
  • gains4lif3
    gains4lif3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    gains4lif3 wrote: »
    I made chickpea linguine with a lean beef and spinach marinara. Light hints of minced garlic and chopped onion as well. It was quite yummy.
    utnpg4o71b1m.jpeg

🙋🏼‍♀️ oof that looks delicious!

Thank you 😊 it has 4 servings total so I saved some for today too! Only 468 calories and high in protein.
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Homemade Chinese on a weeknight. Beef with black bean sauce, cabbage stir fried with Chinese sausage, leftover rice we had in the freezer.
    36ccy3pbm092.jpeg

Delicious!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,750 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    My version of Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken: red leaf and romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, honey roasted pecan pieces, Queso Fresco crumble cheese, peas tossed in 2 T sweet white balsamic vinaigrette. It should have dried apple chips as well, but I couldn't find the bag I bought the other day. 😑
    ypihsxuoyqop.jpg
    And... dessert - strawberry fruit bar
    morj1emn3b29.jpg

• takinitalloff
    Options
    Homemade Chinese on a weeknight. Beef with black bean sauce, cabbage stir fried with Chinese sausage, leftover rice we had in the freezer.

Delicious!

I concur! Looks amazing.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Arrived back home and cooked for the first time in a while today. Baked feta and cherry tomato dip, using an adaptation of the NYT recipe as a starter. Pesto pulled out of the freezer from Marcella Hazan's recipe as a main.
    wactoehzbnrz.jpeg
    908gmjn2uy4u.jpeg

Wow, can I eat at your house?! 😍
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    b41vqn6euur0.jpg
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Csg6wrjbn3pjr.jpg

Chicken enchiladas with hidden vegetables