Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking X2 and Gentle Flow Yoga. I definitely felt the quads and glutes workout today!

OMG ladies! We got some rain tonight! I don't know how much we got, but it rained for about 1 hour. Our weatherman says we may not get rain for another 10 days!

Laurie, great workout! Lucky you for getting all that rain.
    Caroline has a HIIT workout on the weekly schedule. I just previewed Friday's workout and it looks doable.

You did comment about needing rain a little while ago.

Laurel, great workout combo! You can't go wrong with an 80's music workout!

The lack of rain has me worried about fires too. I still can't believe we got a little rain tonight.

I can't believe you pick up the nuts manually. No wonder your back hurts. Can you use a leaf blower to get the nuts into a pile i one location?

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well there wasn't much rain this morning, just a mist. We are going into the 80's this weekend, so I'm okay with these cool rainy temps. Makes me want to make some soup. ;) My workout this morning was LITE Metabolic Blast. I stayed with the same weights as Cathe, my lower body is pretty sore so no need to add that extra weight. ;) Looking forward to my Perfect Flow workout tomorrow.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I hear you on those 80's tunes, just love them. :D I'm following the Perfect 30 / LITE Rotation that Cathe put out in the user guide. I really enjoy LITE, and of course the P30 workouts are all in that 30 min. range. I'm hoping that she puts out more of the P30 workouts. If I remember she indicated that she would be doing that at some point. My first step workout of Cathe's that nearly killed me was I think called Step Max. If I remember correctly that is the one that she turns the step toward the camera for the plyo moves. Glad that you where able to find the fall item that you needed for such a great price. DH's Uncle moved out of his condo into assisted living, and he had a little wagon in his garage. Now I need to get some little hay bales to put in the bed of the wagon. DH has a scarecrow driving the wagon right now, with a bunch of little pumpkins in the back. :D Just seems that the hay would give some cushion.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Every little bit of rain helps, that for sure. Don't blame you for previewing those HiiT workouts, because I'm sure that you can find a great sub if you don't feel the workout would work for you. We did have some fires up north this summer, but they where able to contain them fairly well. One of my co-workers has a cabin that had the fire line stop almost right on his property line.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s Cross Fire Extreme, which I haven’t done in a long time, and a wonderful 20 minute Peloton yoga flow. Tomorrow I start my last week of 2.0 workouts…..for now. :) I have really enjoyed this series, but a little break from it will be nice.

Thelma, great workouts. I bet your body enjoyed a little break. Yay for the rain! We aren’t supposed to see any at all for at least the next two weeks. Just not good. We have a battery driven leaf blower which is great for blowing off the sidewalk after mowing but not so great for trying to move things like nuts around. In normal years, picking up nuts the way I do isn’t too bad. But this year, like two years ago, we are getting so many nuts that it isn’t quite so nice. But I am on a break from it at the moment since we aerated, fertilized and seeded the lawn which means I can’t walk across it for awhile. :D

Laurie, another great workout. It has been a really long time since I have done that one. I am trying to remember Step Max, and I have no recollection of it. B) But I am sure I did it at one point in time and then memory-holed it. B);) I love the sound of your Halloween wagon! I bet it will be perfect with some hay.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking X2 and Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 14 Full Body Bodyweight & Dumbbell (Supersets). The full body workout was another killer workout that felt like another squatathon. There were a lot of compound exercises. I skipped the last couple of minutes because she was doing Makers. I did like that she hit the abs at the beginning of the workout.
    This week was lower body focused and it look line next week will be upper body.

Laurie, great workout! I love that workout! I was thinking of adding soups to my monthly menu, but then warmer temps hit here too.

We got 1/10 of an inch of rain last night. Hopefully we'll get a little more sometime toward the end of next week. OMG I can't believe the fire stopped almost at your co-worker's property line! I just don't even know how a fire would be contained here. It's not like there's a huge fire department.

I am glad I previewed the Hiit workout because the name kind of scared me. She started doing low impact stuff. I'll modify whenever I need to.

Laurel, great workouts! Your body definitely will love the break from 2.0.

My body needed the break badly! Caroline's workouts are leaving me pretty sore.
    I am really worried about the potential for fires too. People burn stuff around here all the time.
    I'm glad you're on a forced break from picking up the nuts around your yard! Wouldn't one of those shop vacs with those nuts?

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • Winning4EJ
    Winning4EJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The title of this has to do with Cathe fans. As in Cathe Friedrich?

If so I like her workouts, VERY challenging. It's been a while since I've been able to do them though.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Perfect Flow: Yoga Strength & Flexibility + Perfect Flow: Core Bonus. Felt great to stretch out.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend, I don't think that we have any plans to do anything but more cleaning up outside.

Laurel, Great job with that workout! You have done such an awesome job with this series, and totally understand needing to move on to something else. This rotation has me doing the P30 High Impact HiiT workout on Sunday, not sure that I'm wanting to do that one. :o I'm actually thinking of dusting off the Pyramid workout from the Shock Series HiiT. Most of those moves are easily made into low impact if I need to. :# Your extreme workout made me think of it as a sub. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! I'm sure that your body will be grateful for the upper body work next week. At some point I want to do that full rotation, because I really did enjoy it. The workouts just got to long for me to do, and I was so tired. Most HiiT workouts give me the I don't want too's. Sometimes they just seem like overkill.

Winning4EJ, Yes we are Cathe fans, that's how we all got this thread going. We do other instructors, but for the most part Cathe is our instructor.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Giant Sets Total Body, the core work from yesterday’s Cathe Live class, and a 45 minute spin. That’s a wrap on the 2.0 total body workouts for now. Just upper and lower to go!

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t blame you at all for ending when you did. DH has suggested using our shop vac, but this house was not built great, and we have no outlets on the ground level of the backyard. The only outlets we have on the back side of the house at all are on the deck and close to the house, which means we would be dragging a cord through all our plants and furniture. DH hopes to put an outlet downstairs…..sometime. :D So, until then, I pick up nuts. But I appreciate you trying to help my poor back with this process. :)

Laurie, great workout. I know you may not see this before Sunday, but if the Pyramid HiiT doesn’t work, maybe one of the low impact HiiT workouts from RWH would be okay. Just an idea because that Pyramid workout is actually pretty high impact, but you can probably modify it to make it effective. I hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend.

Winning4EJ, welcome! Cathe is a tough instructor for sure.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend! Ours was nice and quiet. I was tired on Friday and there was no way I could do Caroline's Hiit workout, so I went with a Cathe workout. On Saturday I had a really bad headache all day long, so I didn't do much, but got two walks in.
    I survived week three of Epic I.

Friday - Walking X2, Gentle Flow Yoga and Perfect30 Low Impact HIIT.
    Saturday - Walking X2.
    Sunday - Walking X2, Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 16 Back & Biceps. 80% of the workout was back. I was kind of disappointed. There were renegade rows and I can't do them to save my life! I used to be able to do them. I did 30-second-high planks and bent over rows.

Laurie, great workout!

People in one of Caroline's FB groups say that Epic I is her hardest program! Great and I had to pick that one to start! LOL. It is definitely a hard program. I just looked at the schedule and it looks like the workouts are going to get longer. I'm not happy about that. Those Hiit workouts are too fast.

Winning4EJ, Cathe Friedrich is our favorite instructor. We have the majority of workouts.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Too bad you can't use the shop vac to pick up those nuts.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I shouldn't say that we where going to have a quiet weekend. We ended up having the grandson over for Saturday night. I'm more than willing to have that cutie pie, so not a big deal for me. DH and his brother got their Uncles condo emptied out. Still waiting on a closing date for that. After the young one was picked up, I got downstairs and did some sewing.

My workouts where P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body. I do have to say those rests in 2.0 really do help you with lifting heavy. Cathe is lifting heavy in these P30 workouts, but you are moving from one exercise to the other. Really can't lift as heavy as I would have thought. I didn't workout on Sunday, so this morning I did the P30 Pyramid HiiT. That is about all the energy I had available this morning.

Laurel, Great job on finishing up the total body segment, and you are now onto your favorites. :) I love all the suggestions that Thelma has been giving you for the nuts. I just wish someone would have invented some type of vacuum to pick those things up. :D As you can see I didn't do that HiiT workout, it just looked to daunting for me this morning. Maybe some day I will revisit that one, but it didn't happen this morning. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with all the workouts! Those workout will get better over time, since your body will get used to doing them. Bummer on not being able to do those renegade rows. Great job adjusting as usual. The length of those workouts is one of the reasons that I had to stop that rotation. I think that I had gotten about half way through. I was way to tired in the morning to get myself out of bed in time. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty good. DH had to work until after midnight on Friday and then half the day on Saturday because it was the end of the fiscal year. So I took the time he was working on Saturday and did some chores inside and out. When he was done working, we ran a couple of errands and then took a really long walk which was nice. Yesterday was chores and errands. We are also revising our trip due to the weather forecast in Nova Scotia for next week and the owners of one B&B we were staying at coming down with COVID. But I think everything will still work out for a nice vacation…..I hope.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Cardio Party and yoga. Yesterday was 2.0 Upper Body and a 45 minute spin. And today was 2.0 Lower Body 1, followed by Cathe Live Low Impact Kickboxing, HiiT and Core.

Thelma, I am sorry you had a headache on Saturday. That is no fun. I am not a fan of renegade rows (or tricep kickbacks in a plank). I think your variation of plank and rows separate is perfect. Do you remember what format we decided on for our rotation? I think we decided three weeks of each one body part workout program followed by a week of circuits and maybe ending with each one body part program done for just one week then a circuit week for a total of 12 weeks. Does that sound right? And more importantly, does that sound good? I know we are weeks away from it, but I want to start giving it some thought.

Laurie, some day you will get a quiet weekend, but having your grandson is a really good reason for it not being so quiet. :) Great workouts. Thanks for the feedback on the Perfect 30 Upper Body workout. That is something to keep in the back of my mind as I move beyond 2.0 to make me think twice about what weight I am reaching for. Pushing myself is one thing but hurting myself I can do without. And I admit that 2.0 has made me pretty confident with some heavy weight because of those rests. Great choice of a HiiT workout. I love that segment.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Walking X2 and Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 17 Dumbbell & Bodyweight Lunges. I really liked this lunges workout because Caroline turned a lot of lunges into balancing moves.

Laurie, great workouts! I hear you on not being able to lift as heavy as you did on STS 2.0 because of the shorter breaks. It's the same thing that's happening to me with Epic I. I do take longer breaks when I need them.

I'm sure you enjoyed watching your grandson on Saturday night.

I think I am getting better at some of the exercises. I've always have had a hard time doing dead-stop lunges. I did them today, so I was very happy about it.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice and productive weekend. I have no doubt you'll have a wonderful time in Nova Scotia.

Great workouts!

Tricep kickbacks on a plank are not fun either!

As a matter of fact, I do remember what format we decided on the rotation because I documented it!

"Laurel on 8/24/23
    Okay, let’s plan a rotation where we do two weeks of one body parts and then one week of metabolic work for the autumn/winter timeframe. I think it will go for 12 weeks—two weeks of Muscle Meltdown/one metabolic, two weeks of Ramped Up Upper Body/one metabolic, two weeks of 2.0 Body parts/one metabolic and then one week each of Muscle Meltdown, RUUB, and 2.0 BP straight through for three weeks. Sounds fun!! I am thinking of a November 5 start date, but if that doesn’t work for you, we can push it later. I can’t pull it much earlier because of our vacation."

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was P30 Perfect Pump: Lower Body. I stayed with Cathe's weight, because I didn't want to over work those muscles. I got a good workout in, again because she was moving so quickly I didn't want to think to hard about what weight to use. :D

Laurel, Love the workouts! Sorry to hear that you needed to revise the vacation, but I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time. Just getting away is a good thing. With you DH being so busy at work, I'm sure that he is looking forward to being someplace else. ;) Glad I could shed some light on what moving on to other workouts is like. Again this one moved pretty fast, she's trying to get so much into 30 min. :D Of course doing those LITE workouts last week, I was able to go heavier. Then again in those workouts I think Cathe was going fairly light for her.

Thelma, Great job with the workout, and that you enjoyed it. Working on that balance is so important. Taking a longer break is probably something that I have to try more of. Sometimes I just want to get the workout done in my timeframe, so I tend to just let the workout roll. I do miss a rep or two once in a while.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Upper Body 2, 2.0 No Equipment Abs and a 30 minute spin. My 2.0 case is zippered up and on the shelf…..for at least a little while. :) I loved this program.

Thelma, great workouts. Thank you so much for reposting my post! At least I remembered the format but just not the number of weeks. I am really looking forward to it. I think having to change our trip may make us enjoy it a little bit more in the end. At least that is what I am hoping. :)

Laurie, great workout. I love that workout. She does get so much done in 30 minutes. DH is definitely looking forward to some time away. He comes home from this trip to three solid weeks of travel for work, so traveling for fun sounds like a very welcome change for him.

We are off tomorrow. I will be back in a couple of weeks. Stay strong!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking X2, Yin Yoga and Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 18 Dumbbell Chest & Triceps.

I've hurt my biceps, and my chiropractor says I have tendonitis. This means no upper body work for a while, which totally stinks. I've left a message for my doctor to give me a physical therapy referral.

I will continue doing Caroline's and Tracy's lower body and ab work. I am really crushed, but I need to make sure I heal before things get out of control. Lesson learned for me is that Caroline's 20-30 second breaks are way too short for me to be able to recover. Today's workout format was supersets, so there was no break until both muscles had been worked. The break was 20 seconds. I started to feel the little pain in my biceps, so I lowered the weights, down to 10 lbs.

Laurie, great workout and great job for staying with Cathe's weights.
    I think it's OK to miss a few reps when you're able to keep going.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you have a wonderful in Nova Scotia!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was 30MTF Weights. This one is Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders & Abs. I love doing this workout, because it has standing ab work in between the sets.

I have a hair appointment tonight.

Laurel, Congrats on finishing up this session of 2.0, and have a great time!

Thelma, Dang on the injury, but again you are on top of this and getting the necessary information for recovery. Great job with the workouts! I'm sure that you will be able to work through your rotation even with the injury.
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking X2, Gina B Low Impact Cardio and Gentle Flow Yoga. It was my rest day, and it was badly needed. My pecs are really sore from Tuesday's chest work.

I was able to get my PT referral, but unfortunately the place I wanted to go to is suffering from staffing issues like everyone else around here. Their first eval appointment was in November! I called my doctor's office and had them send the referral to another place. I have an eval appointment on Friday at 11, BUT there's a catch to me going there. In order to get treated I have to take their 7:15 AM appointments! YIKES! That's a little too early for me, but I have to take what I can get if I don't want to go out of town for treatment.

Great workout! I hope you had fun at your hair appointment. Did she do your hair at home or at the salon?

It really is a bummer to not be able to lift heavy to prevent myself from making the injury worse. Thursday's workout is total body. I'm going to do it but I won't do anything heavy for upper body. I think my injury happened during chest work. Next week's schedule is lower body focused which is great. There's a shoulders and core day, so that workout is questionable right now.

Laurie, I had no idea the Canadian fires were still burning! Wednesday was a pretty hazy and DH thought it looked like the smoke we'd gotten before, and he was right!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW TBTS Sculpt Box and Tone. This wasn't anything hard, but solid workout. I used my 2# egg weights.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! Dang on the appointment time, but I'm sure that is what needs to be done. Being retired you don't need to get up that early anymore. ;) I go to the salon to get my hair done. It's just easier with the hair coloring. We where the only ones in the salon, guess everyone else wasn't booked. DD said that she has been super busy. They asked if she wanted to be an Elite stylist. She has been telling them no, but has decided to go for it. I didn't know that the fires where still burning either. We had not had that haze in about a month.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking X2 and Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 19 Full Body Bodyweight & Dumbbell.
    The full body workout was mostly lower body with some compound moves with upper body. I didn't do the upper body parts. Next week is mostly lower body focused, so I don't knon if I'll be able to do that.

Laurie, great workout!

It makes sense to have your hair done at the salon. Congratulations to your DD becoming an Elite stylist! Why didn't she want to do it? More responsibility or maybe because her clients may not be able to afford her anymore? Does she want to have her own salon some day?

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was LITE PHA 2. Have not done that workout in a while, and it was fun.

I will be heading up to visit my parents this weekend. My oldest and g'baby are going with me. My Dad has not met the baby yet, and he has asked to see him. I want to do this before the snow starts. We could have had some snow this morning it was in the low 40's.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts, and making that total body work for you. That has to be a bit frustrating when you get an injury during a rotation. I'm sure that you will be able to figure something out. I don't know why the dd didn't want to go Elite, probably thinking that her clients would change stylists. Her prices would only go up about $10 and she said that her prices are a lot more reasonable than some of the other salons in the area. So far she really doesn't have an interest in getting her own salon. She likes having the benefits that Ulta offers.

Hope your weekend goes great!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was good and busy as usual.
    My workouts were as follows:
    Friday - walking X3
    Saturday - walking X2
    Sunday - walking x2 and Caroline Girvan Epic I - Day 21 Dumbbell Lower Body.

I had my PT evaluation on Friday morning and the PT said that tendonitis is caused by overuse. I totally overuse my arms. I move my arms like crazy when I'm doing my walking too with side and overhead raises, punches, etc. The plan for now is to rest my arms, no side or high raises, just normal walking arms as well as gentle movements to prevent me from losing my range of motion. I have to ice, apply heat and gently massage the bicep area where the tendonitis with ice. DH bought a little ultrasound machine years ago when he had an injury and I used it around the upper bicep and shoulder are and it made a huge difference. I am feeling a lot better. I have to go for PT twice a week. I can't lift weights needless to say. I thought I'd be able to use at least 12.5# dumbbells for lower body, but the PT said no because I'd be stretching the bicep, which we don't want right now.
    I got a great lower body workout with Caroline with 3# dumbbells because she does so many reps.

Since I can't do upper body stuff I'll focus on lower body, abs and cardio for now. I realize that healing this injury is all up to me, so I will follow the PT's instructions and that includes following the PT's instructions.

Laurie, great workout!
    What a special weekend you have planned! I can just imagine how emotional it will be when your dad meets the baby! I hope everyone had a great time!
    Hopefully you didn't get any snow!

Our nighttime temps have been in the upper 30's, so fall is definitely here. We're starting to see a little bit of foliage colors across the valley, and we have lots of dead leaves on the ground.

I'm sure your DD wanted to wait till it felt right for her to go Elite. I'm sure she'll continue to do a fantastic job and she'll be able to keep her current customers too. Does Ulta send her out for training? I'm glad she likes the benefits Ulta offers.

It is frustrating not to be able to lift, but I have to make sure I heal before Laurel and I start the new rotation. I know that I will have to start with small weights too and that will be the most frustrating part for me.

Have a great week!
    Thelma