• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Fake Stamp Update

I forgot to get the mail yesterday so went to the box this morning. Guess what I found. The 2 envelopes I mailed to myself on Thursday with the "fake stamps". They went through the postal system just fine, stamps cancelled at the regional center in Tacoma. No return to sender, no knock on the door (yet) from the FBI or anything. :)

I have mixed feelings. I'm glad I apparently didn't waste my money. But I'm also concerned about why I got the "scam" alert. And why the comments from some folks who said they were fake and there's no way anyone would sell these stamps at a big discount. Did the folks who said they were fake ever try to use them? Or were they just repeating what they heard someone else say?

Did Facebook actually vet this advertiser and decide it was legit because it really was? So them accepting the ad was OK?
    If the stamps were counterfeit, was the counterfeiter really that good?
    Was the equipment at the regional center in Tacoma malfunctioning so these slipped through?
    Does the USPS make enough money from delivering bulk mail and Amazon packages that they aren't really concerned about a few counterfeit stamps people use since most businesses use postage machines anyhow?

I'm going to repeat the test with different sized envelopes this time. I'm still not 100% confident that if I used one to send payment for a bill, for example, that it would get delivered without more proof.

Lanette B)
    Eating crow, happy but scratching her head in SW WA State

We have bought the stamps from another vendor(not the Facebook ones, another site) and have never had a problem.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: hair conditioner that really detangles, maybe I should try it on Tumble? Abundant, clean, hot water.
    Katla (@myvt9v4crh, @Katla49) Thanks for taking my call. It was so very good to hear your voice. Sorry to hear that family health problems have kept you so busy. We all look forward to seeing you back on mfp soon. :heart: ((hugs)) :heart:
    Betsy praying for favorable test results and safe travels.
    KJ always happy to see you popping in. Prayers for your sister and family.
    Rebecca that has to be the cutest toddler snail costume ever!
    Kim my Kentucky born husband has taught me that “grits is good” but I never warmed to the fried leftovers. :sick:
    Lanette your mama’s fried cornmeal mush ALMOST sounds appealing. ;)
    Lisa, Barbie, Debbie, alas, I recognize myself in your husbands’ offerings of unsolicited advice. Strengthens my resolve to not miss more opportunities to keep my mouth shut ;}
    10/8: Move: ZERO sets PT , dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8241
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=3 CI<CO net=345 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, church, fellowship, called Katla. Wt:132.7

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi there!
    I didn't have the bandwidth today to do the read through of my book that I was intending today. Far too nervous about the upcoming journey. Anxious butterflies. . So I listened to podcasts, did my exercises, washed my hair, and gave myself a pedicure. Also bought some books for my Kindle. :D
    Then, when I was feeling a bit more settled, I got a group WhatsApp text from P to say that her mother had died on Friday. We are due to have a Zoom later today, so she wanted to let us know in advance. End of an era. The last of my friends to lose their last parent. Betty (P called her that) was 96. In her heyday when I knew her, she was a very strong and beautiful head teacher, who exerted a long, difficult, pressure on P. There will be a lot of adjusting to do. Betty was very ready to go. She said 'This process is extremely tedious', a few months ago. She was in a nursing home.
    Then my son came over to collect his six large boxes from our garage and garage loft. A lot will just be dumped, I'm sure! At least it's gone. He said we had two boxes of photo albums up there. No idea! (???) I can now get to the Christmas stuff.

So, quite a morning, after all.

DH is going out to get his hair cut. Also to buy salmon for tonight. I have a pot of Masala peas thawing to go with it and cauliflower to roast.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to stretch.

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    Options
    Happy birthday 🎂🎁🎊 Rosemarie!!!

Happy Thanksgiving🍁🍽 🦃 Tracey, Evelyn, Joy, Machka and all Canadiennes!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate people of all kinds.
    Meditation: daily. 5/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 156 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/3 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 215/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)73/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 38/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 9/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0, 500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.]/spoiler]
    RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake is quite forthcoming about the fact that he doesn't care for unsolicited advice and yet he is a champion at doling it out, usually prefacing it with "You might want to...." LOL. We've been married for over 30 years and it still surprises me. He loves to tell people especially his friends and loved ones to "be safe" or "lock your doors" and can't understand why his daughter is regularly offended by those statements, taking them to mean that she wouldn't do those things without a reminder from him.
    <3 Barbie

My dh is always giving unsolicited advice or "knowledge". Always thinks he knows everything and he is always right, tries to "prove" he is right, even when I know he isn't.
    Last night I was talking to my friend about the Soda Stream CO2canisters- he was telling me how much he paid. Dh said friend was wrong, that he had checked at Target and the price was a lot higher. Even when I showed dh a screenshot of his order with prices, he still said he could prove that wasn't right-asked me if I wanted him to prove it- Told him no thanks and walked away.

Sounds like my DH!
    Rita
  • auntiebk
    Options
    Rebecca, just saw there was a 4.5 quake near Oak Harbor. All ok?
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif