WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Pip you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Front is three acres. Back is two.
    it is beautiful!!

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Pip-not bad at all without much training time!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie – life has just been so hectic (not sure why, tho) but I do try to catch up. Unfortunately, sometimes I have to skim and miss things. Oops!

Been walking Jess’ dogs. See, she has one dog and then her boss asked her to “watch” her dog for a few days which turned into a few weeks, now it’s been 5 months. Yes, the dogs are very gentle, they really don’t even bark. Her dog does pull when we go for walks, I think he’s just not used to being on a walk. I have been walking both dogs at the same time, but when we go up for Thanksgiving, I think I’ll walk each one one at a time. I am surprised, tho, that the step count wasn’t very high, I was walking them for 2 hours. The step count is basically the same as when I walk around my neighborhood which takes only about 45 minutes. That’s probably because I had to constantly stop so they can smell.

Tracey – “enjoy them while they’re young” LOL Unfortunately, so true

How I miss my clothesline! We had one in our second house and I loved the smell of the clothes and sheets. The only things I really didn’t hang out were Vince’s work shirts and the towels.

Heather – how did you remove the hair from your drain? Do you have a drain that you can remove?

We were making spaghetti in one of Jess’ pots which had a metal handle. I never in my life thought it would be so hot. I went to pick the pot up and burned my hand. Not real bad. But all of the pots with metal handles I’ve ever used, the handle didn’t get so hot.

I only send out a few christmas cards, mainly to family I don’t see (like Vince’s family in MO) and some of the elderly people. Unfortunately, the card list is getting shorter and shorter. I usually write them out right after Thanksgiving

kylia – I string the popcorn in May which helps A LITTLE with the stress. One less thing I need to do right now.

The slicer at BK broke, the screw that holds the plates in just broke. There were two screws and one of them had already broken. Hopefully, when the higher-ups have to do prep, they’ll see how difficult it is and they’ll think about getting either this one fixed or purchasing a new one (which is probably expensive). I think they have a handyman who I would think would have the needed tools to repair it.

KJ – which pelvic floor exercises did they show you?

Lisa – great report

Tina – A few years ago I got all the nicks from shopping carts taken out of my car. It cost over $1,000 to do it. Now I park in “no man’s land”. Hey, for $1,000 I can walk.

Rori – so happy to see you enjoying life. You deserve it.

Karen – I’m so very sorry about you brother. He was so very talented. Thanks for sharing all of his work with us.

Sue – I also make my menus for the next week (just the meat) and decide what I need for the following week so I know what to get.

Allie – is the mouth tape supposed to be in place of the CPAP?

Barbie – I love the lit candle idea. I’m going to mention it to our vet.

Speaking of vets – Jess was on call and we went to NCState for something she had to do with some of the cats. Anyway, there was this “board”. You know, the kind with things like the doctor, the vet techs. At first right next to the word “DVM” was Jess’ name. It took me a minute to realize it was my Jess they were talking about. Now I understand how she felt “weird” when at first they were calling her “Dr. Jess”

I went to the Y. Wanted to see it now that they renovated it. I must say, I was impressed with the cleanliness they now have. How I miss the water aerobics. I am certainly considering going back now. The one thing they don’t have is an indoor walking track. But I wonder if I can walk around the gym, how many laps is a mile? I do have to call them to ask them if I was to wear my jeans from work, could I just walk around the gym? Don’t remember a dress code, there might be one. It was interesting, tho, when I walked around, I saw these people that I knew! The one thing I like about the Y versus where I go now is that the place I go now is mainly dedicated (it seems) to mostly younger people. Maybe 40 or 50 year olds. The Y seems to be for everyone, 40’s 50’s even 90’s. I felt more comfortable, like I wasn’t this old woman there.

M – as you can see, I do try to do a variety of workouts. Like you say, one is good for one thing, HIIT is good for cardio, weights good for bones, etc, etc. Oh, were you saying it was scary that a 12-year-old came to our house on Halloween at 9:30 or did you mean that it’s scary that Vince keeps a gun in close proximity? North Carolina has castle doctrine.

Welcome everyone new (sorry, don’t remember the names)

I sold some of the silver plate and jewelry that I had to the tune of another $300+ for my landscape/renovation fund

Went to the place where Jess takes ceramics. It’s more of the franchise business, not so much like where we go. They don’t pour. I saw one thing that I thought was interesting, but it was a bank. Since they don’t pour, they can’t make it so that there isn’t the opening for the bank

Rebecca – you need that caffeine for the energy to clean, right?????

Pip _ well done to you and Kirby on the run/walk

Have osteoporosis. Prolia really helped, so much that I improved so much that insurance wouldn’t pay for the prolia any more. Went on biphosenates and got worse so the MD wrote to insurance that I really needed the Prolia so now I get it

Allie – congrats on the new car

In the car to/from Jess’ made this hat. I usually do this at the Green Room since it’s a craft that you really don’t have to concentrate on so I can put it down, answer the phone and pick it back up. I usually gave the hats to the Salvation Army, so I’ll give this one to Jerry.

Annie – Good for you using the bike multiple times

kylia – love the detailing. He did a great job!

Michele NC
    who is breathing a sigh of relief now
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    I have a new project in my head, with lots of ideas swirling. I watched a YouTube video a couple of weeks ago with this woman that does thrifty crafts, and uses her scrap wood to make items.
    We had two totes of scrap wood pieces, today I went through them and I found little triangles.
    I have this as a concept, I just need to hone in on it. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.
    I went out to the shop to cut a couple of pieces and DH comes out and points out a whole bunch of scrap wood I can get at.
    bi61w7c720iu.jpeg

Now I have even more ideas swirling.
    I just need more hours in the day.

Tracey in Edmonton

Those will be cute!

• Machka9
    Options
    I did the math on the Meyenberg Goats milk the rescue gave me. At 2 oz a serving I would have enough for 30 days. Well initially I was probably giving too much and throwing some of the milk out. Now I measure so I can keep track of what the pups are eating. Anyway I was running out of the Goats milk and didn't want to ask the rescue for more since they really had given me enough. So I went to Pet's mart and they didn't have goats milk.

Then I went to a local pet store and they only had cranberry goats milk in bottles. I purchased 2 but was anxious about giving cranberry to such young pups. Then I saw it wasn't pasturized and really got anxious. So I decided I would order some off Amazon which was 20.00 a package and I ordered 2 packages. But it isn't coming to Monday and I got anxious I would run out.

So I googled again and Google said Walmart had goats milk. Then I noticed on the package that the goats milk wasn't just for puppies but was for humans. So I realized I needed to look in another section besides the pet section. So a nice lady helped me and Walmart had exactly what I needed. I purchased 2 packs at 13.00 a piece. So Amazon is really over priced. The the ones I got from Amazon are not returnable. So I blew at least $50.00 on extra goat milk. Sigh. I had to say this story here because no
    one else woud sit through my telling of it!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

We can pick up goat's milk (for humans) for $4.70/litre.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding Zentangle - just for the heck of it, last night I decided to do some free form doodling. That combined with "decorating" a block letter word. Well, it was fun and absorbing. Concentrating on that blots out other thoughts. I read we can only hold one thought in our mind at a time. So if I'm thinking about how to expand my doodle, I'm not thinking that my toe or knee hurts from arthritis at that moment. That type of thing. Those of you who color, draw, paint, do pottery, ceramics or other hobbies and crafts experience the same thing. And we get a hit of endorphins from the joy of creating something.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I used to doodle a lot during school, my margins were always full of drawings. One of the things I would draw would be fancy first letters of a paragraph, sort of like this:

m7sau8tkg625.png

And yes, when I'm colouring, I can focus on it to the exclusion of a lot of other things. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I finally got back on my bike and did fifteen minutes. Yay!

Annie in Delaware

Yay!
  • Machka9
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Just watched the time jump back, which is very Groundhog Day - ish, and am now reliving the 1a.m. to 2a.m. hour all over again. Woke up wide awake just after midnight, tried to go back to sleep but no joy.
    Lisa

Travelling between Auckland and Vancouver, and Vancouver and Auckland is always a weird experience.

When we travelled from Auckland to Vancouver, we left Auckland at about 5 pm on a Saturday ... and arrived in Vancouver at about 1 pm on a Saturday. It's like travelling back in time.

Then last night we travelled from Vancouver to Auckland. We left Vancouver at about 7 pm on a Saturday, we skipped Sunday entirely, and arrived here at about 6 am on Monday (today). November 5th did not exist for us.

Hobart is just a 3-hour time difference from Auckland, so that's not so bad.

We left Australia just after Australia started Daylight Savings Time ... then we did all the time zone stuff I mentioned above ... and on our way back to Australia, Canada ended Daylight Savings Time.

Now I haven't the faintest idea what the time difference between Hobart and Vancouver is for communicating with my family!!! :lol::lol:

And I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out what time it is here!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    I've been limping my iPad along for the last couple years. It is getting slower and slower and now it's locking up on me and has the spinning ball within a few minutes of turning it on. This PC of Jack's works fine and I am now questioning whether or not to buy a new iPad. I'm wondering if maybe I'll just try to learn how to use this computer and maybe if I'm successful learning this pc.... buy a Dell laptop sometime down the road. I've had two iPads in the last 20 years but never anything else. I wonder what the learning curve will be....Yikes.

Betsy in NW WA

I love my Dell laptop. :)

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    On another note….. Here are a couple of my colorings. I use a combination of colored pencils, crayons, paint pens that have a brush on one end and a small tip on the other (my favorite medium, I just don’t have enough colors!). Most of my colorings have a combination of mediums.

I use those paint pens with the brush on one end too. They're all right and work really well sometimes, but I've found I like other pens better.

• Machka9
    edited November 2023
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Oh, were you saying it was scary that a 12-year-old came to our house on Halloween at 9:30 or did you mean that it’s scary that Vince keeps a gun in close proximity? North Carolina has castle doctrine.

Michele NC
    I've just never lived in a place where it is OK to have a loaded gun in close proximity when children are coming to people's houses as part of what is supposed to be a fun and happy event. What could possibly go wrong? Makes me feel queasy thinking about it.