WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,614 Member
    Lisa - I have always felt a bit guilty because my mum wanted The Lord's My Shepherd for her funeral and I didn't realise she wanted the Howard Goodall tune from The Vicar of Dibley. :o So we sang the wrong tune. Several people told me afterwards.
    My DDIL went to a posh school where he was the music master. She said he was arrogant and she didn't like him. Writes some good tunes though!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,587 Member
    Gratitudes:
    Monday 12/18: Crown prep wasn’t painful, was able to breathe and flex fingers throughout the grinding.
    Sunday 12/17: quiet time with tea, Joe and the dogs.
    Thinking about goals and word for 2024. Toying with the notion of “Stronger, smarter, sweeter” and “Savor.” We’ll see.
    Annie (((hugs))) words fail. (((BIG hugs)))
    Rosemarie, ((hugs)) Could your son’s visit be a chance to help a little? Ask him to pick an area of the house that he wouldn’t mind if it changed and ask him and his wife to help you declutter it, 15 minutes at a time, 3 times a day while they visit? Like Lisa, I’m wondering if there’s any grief support near you, through your church or? :love: the “sonny do” list idea.
    Rita congratulations! Recognition well-deserved!
    Pip just my belated two cents. The best vacuum is the one you’ll use. For me, that’s an iRobot Roomba, since I loathe vacuuming but don’t mind emptying bins ;}
    Lanette thanks for yours to Rosemarie, and for sharing your Dr. Matt visit. Brava!
    Kay “… and send him home with some stuff” Fingers X’d. Even if he has no space, he could give Rosemarie an idea of what things are important to him and which others are not so much.
    Michele whatever kind of soup was $5/serving?
    @KetoneKaren delighted to see you pop in! :love:
    Kylia “…but dusting or deep cleaning are low on my list” Amen, sister, amen!
    Through page 43 but hear Joe growling and crashing in the kitchen so . . .
    12/17: Move: ZERO sets PT, , Steps:6379
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=38 CI<CO net=364 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, H, fellowship prep, church, fellowship, wrap fudge while listening to CT grieve. Wt: 131.6
    12/16: Move: 2 sets PT w/a, dog group, Steps:6332
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=16 CI<CO net=402 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, M, H, Wt: 131.8
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,002 Member
    Im sneezing again,Dan came and got the garbage and we chatted for a few minutes and he is off.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,800 Member
    Ack - I forgot to say to anyone who watches the Vicar of Dibley, make sure to watch through the credits--the vicar always tells Alice a joke. :p
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,230 Member
    Betsy Happy birthday!

DrKatiebug so sorry you fell. And what is wrong with folks that won't come help! So rude.

Allie, I know you fell a bit ago, hope you are feeling okay.

It's almost the last minute to wrap presents. Pretty soon.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,522 Member
    Betsy ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!

Heather, Michele, Allie, Pip, Kylia, Rebecca, and Others: Thanks so much for sharing your holiday photos. We barely decorated this year and DH was not interested in riding around to see the lights. We did see our son's family last evening and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. They will stop by tomorrow to exchange presents.

Katie ~ So sorry about your fall and the thoughtless men. I have noticed lately that there are a lot of rude people during this time of the year. But, have to say there are others who smile and are nice and helpful.

Lanette ~ Your crunchy salad sounds Delish!

Michele ~ Glad Jess liked here instant pot top. What did you mean the cat fish fell in the oven?

Heather ~ In the photos, Max and Edie could be twins and Bea is totally different. I am guessing she more favors your DNL's side of the family.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,076 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Gratitudes:
    Monday 12/18: Crown prep wasn’t painful, was able to breathe and flex fingers throughout the grinding.
    Sunday 12/17: quiet time with tea, Joe and the dogs.
    Thinking about goals and word for 2024. Toying with the notion of “Stronger, smarter, sweeter” and “Savor.” We’ll see.
    Annie (((hugs))) words fail. (((BIG hugs)))
    Rosemarie, ((hugs)) Could your son’s visit be a chance to help a little? Ask him to pick an area of the house that he wouldn’t mind if it changed and ask him and his wife to help you declutter it, 15 minutes at a time, 3 times a day while they visit? Like Lisa, I’m wondering if there’s any grief support near you, through your church or? :love: the “sonny do” list idea.
    Rita congratulations! Recognition well-deserved!
    Pip just my belated two cents. The best vacuum is the one you’ll use. For me, that’s an iRobot Roomba, since I loathe vacuuming but don’t mind emptying bins ;}
    Lanette thanks for yours to Rosemarie, and for sharing your Dr. Matt visit. Brava!
    Kay “… and send him home with some stuff” Fingers X’d. Even if he has no space, he could give Rosemarie an idea of what things are important to him and which others are not so much.
    Michele whatever kind of soup was $5/serving?
    @KetoneKaren delighted to see you pop in! :love:
    Kylia “…but dusting or deep cleaning are low on my list” Amen, sister, amen!
    Through page 43 but hear Joe growling and crashing in the kitchen so . . .
    12/17: Move: ZERO sets PT, , Steps:6379
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=38 CI<CO net=364 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, H, fellowship prep, church, fellowship, wrap fudge while listening to CT grieve. Wt: 131.6
    12/16: Move: 2 sets PT w/a, dog group, Steps:6332
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=16 CI<CO net=402 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, M, H, Wt: 131.8
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.

We tried a robs before, doesn’t work well with 3 dogs
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,002 Member
    Watching Rudolph the red nose reindeer,reminds me of my childhood..Burl Ives as Sam the snow man.
    I have a cold again.took cold meds and am in bed,but did stop up and see Doris and bring her some catnip mist for Siri and her scratching post..and she gave me a card with 100.00 bill in it,hard to compare.. just love her to pieces.I put that away for the cruise.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,587 Member
    Gratitudes:
    Wednesday 12/20: minimal traffic downtown and only three people in line at the Post Office.
    Tuesday: 12/19: Dry and warm in our cozy cabin in the woods above the sea.
    Trying on “savor”. Every breath, sensation, sight, sound, not just taste. Since I’ve slowed down, might as well enjoy every moment… or at least be present/aware ;)
    Lanette at first I was angry at the gal who cherry picked the free box donations then sold for a profit, but maybe that’s her way to make a living? Is it really stealing to take something from a free box? Then again she’s appropriated and profited from something that someone else needs who couldn’t afford. Life is so damcomplicated!
    Heather thanks for the cleaner recipe! :love: the tea towel.
    Rebecca $71 for Ramen, Gyoza, a drink and treats? Those treats must have been GOLDEN.
    Rita and Michele: Katla is in a safe place with her daughter and grands nearby, but misses her mfp friends and Oregon. Don’t know how her husband is doing. Been thinking to send her greetings from her mfp pals, copied onto a word document with profile pics. I don’t feel comfortable sharing her mailing address at this time, but would gladly compile any greetings y’all would like to send her.
    Allie Oww! For both Alfie’s nail and your fall. (gentle hugs) Good thing you have sMiles pics to brighten any day.
    Lisa :love: the plan for the bookshelf, especially the photos, bookworm and bookends… ;) “powers beyond my ken” Doubtless!
    Pip :love: the pic of the pooches.
    Machka I’m not sure, but I believe that is the case with Katla. :cry:
    Carol :love: the “reminders for hard days” Number 4 reminded me of the country song “when you’re going through hell, keep on going…”
    Kay “…better than it was when you started” you inspired me to borrow the e-audiobook “Decluttering at the speed of life” .
    Rebecca what you said about the shock of a fall. And even though we’re conditioned to respond positively to “Are you ok” the correct answer is a wailed “Noooo!”
    12/19: ZERO sets PT, chair yoga, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7941
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=14, CI<CO net=817 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, H, Wt:132.3
    12/18: Move: ZERO sets PT, dogs to powerline YAY!, Steps:3892
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-11 CI<CO net=-149.vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, M, H, 1 load laundry. Wt:131.6
    ‘nother two days accountability and two pages caught up.
    [Later, lighter, lovelies!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,813 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,076 Member