WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Monday 12/25: the once a year flavor of oven roasted prime rib with baked russet potato.
    Heather what is a lying down duck? :Love: the pic of you and John in your holiday hats.
    Kay Oww… and shame on those two unhelpful guys. ((hugs)) Hope your pretty blue wool coat cleans completely.
    Debbie quiet evening with your mom sounds just exactly what you need. ((hugs))
    Michele thanks for asking Machka about the RATs… was fairly sure Rowan didn’t buy them both rodents. . . :laugh:
    Rosemarie relaxing 2.5 hrs with son and DIL outdoors sounds like just what the Dr. ordered. ((hugs))
    Machka ((gentle hugs held extra extra long)) Thanks for the sad details of your mother’s stroke and dad’s early stage dementia. Hope the COVID pain has eased up and you’re able to breathe easier. What a rough Christmas. (((hugs))) :love: the “Boxing day” meme, made me smile.
    Annie no wonder you don’t feel like celebrating the holiday. One foot in front of the other. (((hugs)))
    Lisa “It's like the holidays opened the gate to both making and eating high-calorie food, so I've lost my tiny little mind.” Ditto. Have been over indulging for days. Lanette is inspiring me to crave some fresh fruit and veggies, instead of red wine and rum balls :naughty:
    Rita can you enjoy sweet potato pie instead?
    Barbie “We are all in your pocket and wishing you the best.” Ditto and right back atcha’!
    Flea beautiful Christmas pic.
    Margaret the “sometimes tears…” was beautifully said.
    Tracey remind me what kind of cookies you baked from your grandmother’s recipe? So glad they tasted like hers. :heart:
    Beth oh my very dear. Hope you get some sweet sleep to refresh you, and that your mom’s PT restores her somewhat. ((( big hugs )))
    Flea “unconvinced” indeed!
    Terri :love: the family pic. So very sorry for the sudden loss of your friend.
    Ginny :love: the sleeping baby pic. ;)
    Lanette will look for Mrs. Brown’s Boys at library or Hoopla.
    12/25: Move: ZERO sets PT, cook, cook, cook. Steps:2645
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=37 CI<CO net=408 vits=0
    Live: Joe, readings, BP. Wt: 133.8
    12/24: Move: ZERO sets PT. dogs to power line Yay!, Steps:4453
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=21 CI<CO net=303 vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, church, wrap presents, laundry. Wt:132.5
    Wow, caught up! Didn’t think I’d make it before the year’s end.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Flea I agree I think your mom had her hand on yours as you made your fudge. I will find myself thanking our son who died for some of the habits he taught me like to always make sure the caps are put back on tight, rubbing your hand along a pot to make sure it is clean when hand washing, straightening a picture when it is not hanging straight...

Beth Agree with you about the weather. We had a rainy Christmas day in the 50's. If that had been snow it is hard to say how much we would have gotten. It is so nice to just put on a pair of shoes and not boots to walk DrewB AND NO ICY SIDEWALKS!!! I am so sorry about your mom.

We had a quiet Christmas day that I really enjoyed... Spent time with Facebook friends...called brothers...Neighbor brought their Christmas card to us even when busy with a house full of family...giving DH foot baths with Rosemary and mint Epson salts with the foot bath massaging tub that our DS gave me years ago...steak dinner cooked in my mom's cast iron skillet that now sports a red silicon handle (Santa delivered) ... walk and cuddle time with DrewB...

Continuing to learn more and more about how the health of our gut is the cornerstone to the rest of our health. First places to look if ill what toxins are in your life and what nutrients are you missing. An unhealthy gut is not able to absorb the nutrients you need. I am a work in progress...
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate .
    Its been a busy couple of days,it was very foggy last night and foggy this morning.
    Im sorry for all the nasty stuff that some of you have had to deal with..
    Im just going to hang out here..Alfie is under the covers snoring away..
    Have any of you used Ozempic or the like to lose weight?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate .
    Its been a busy couple of days,it was very foggy last night and foggy this morning.
    Im sorry for all the nasty stuff that some of you have had to deal with..
    Im just going to hang out here..Alfie is under the covers snoring away..
    Have any of you used Ozempic or the like to lose weight?

Never tried meditation to lose weight. Eating less and moving more has always worked for me.

But doing that (eating less and moving more) depends on my priorities and goals and what I am focusing on at the time. If my priorities, goals and focus are with something else, eating less and moving more will slide down near the bottom of my list.

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Beth ~ So sorry for all you are dealing with. You are a blessing to your mom and I hope she gets well enough to go back to assisted living. Please remember to care for yourself. My BNL who passed was in memory care where he caught pneumonia and was sent from there to hospice.

Kylia ~ I think your daughter letting her daughter know that her behavior was unacceptable says a lot. I remember being a brat myself and wish I hadn't been. We give our son's family too many presents but we know that at our age, it is good to be able to do so as we won't be around to do it later.

Allie ~ With your health problems, I don't think your docs would allow you to take that drug.

Terri ~ You have a large family and everyone looks happy! Glad you were able to all be together.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the lull between holidays!

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,5916 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 231/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)107/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself. I try to do this always.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature. My daily job! :)
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010

RVRita in NM
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Rita I would love to get that cup for my younger brother. I won't go into his issues but that sediment fits him perfectly right now. I was able to copy the picture and sent it to him in a message. He needs all the laughter he can find!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Besides Boxing Day, today is 5thpyxya8t3u.jpeg
    95z2zmb5ns69.jpeg

RVRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    After work stopped at WalMart, especially since I needed cornstarch. If I didn’t need it, I wouldn’t have bothered going. Then went to Food Lion since this is the last day I can get Triscuits on sale.

Supposed to help count the donations tomorrow at the Church. Normally there are only 2 people counting, but since it was the holiday with multiple masses, we’ll be counting tomorrow. Afterwards, I’m thinking that I’ll go to Aldi. Then depending on what is on sale at Food Lion, I’ll go there to get chicken and pork chops. Fist I’ll go to the gym and do some HIIT.

Beth – HUG. You sure have your hands full taking care of your mom. Hope she gets stronger fast

Actually got an email from Bryan with pictures of Leo. I responded to him, but I still feel like I’m walking on eggshells when I write to him. Maybe parenthood has changed him some????? We shall see

Called the dermatologist and explained that a mole I have at my bra line started to bleed. Do you know that the first time they can see me is Feb. 1???? I thought for sure that it bleeding would have made it more urgent. Guess not. I asked to be put on the list for any cancellations. I don’t want to constantly worry that it’ll start to bleed again.

Flea – HUG

Rainy here today. It least it isn’t snow!!

Ginny – how lovely. Just everything! That virtual workout sounds so interesting. Tell me more. Feel better fast

Lanette – most of my leftovers if they can are in the freezer.

Hate to say it, but I kind of wish we could start taking down the decorations. But I know Vince wants to leave them up at least until Ken and Lynette come here New Years Eve. This is our tradition, they usually come here. I’m planning to make pork chops (gotta have pork for the New Year!), applesauce, green beans (that were on sale), I’ll make Hollondaise sauce. Think I’ll make another applecrisp and we can have that for dessert along with ice cream, some of the cookies/fudge I made.

Put the cookies in the freezer so they don’t dry out before Ken & Lynette get here.

M – you’re probably going to have a hard time with the “just sitting” part. You’re always so active

Allie – I agree with Carol, I don’t think the docs would want you to use that drug, either. Not unless it was absolutely necessary, like life and death. They’d probably want you to just “eat less, move more”

Carol – good looking son and family

Rita – if I ever had a snake fall on my head, I’d probably pass out. Every year in their stockings, everyone gets a few lumps of coal for being bad and an orange for being good. Got the coal from the coal mine in PA and wrapped each on individually. Neat mug

Food Lion had their Christmas things on sale for 75% off. Why I bought more candy, I don’t know. I just can’t resist a sale like that.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    The turkey curry, if I say so myself, was delicious. I had potato and mushrooms in there. I also did a raita.
    The turkey is dismantled and frozen in three bags.
    John started talking about soup, so I said he could make it if he wanted. I'm not in the mood. I will show him how to make stock with the bones in the IP. I kept back a bag of smaller bits to add.
    I want to use up the smoked mackerel tomorrow. We have sesame bagels. We like it with horseradish sauce.

No plans for tomorrow apart from G's quick visit. She has changed it to before lunch.
    I was going to resume working on my book tomorrow, but her visit has delayed that. No problem.

Happily watching nonsense on the TV. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx