WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Right now I have the right amount of Christmas left out. The tree and inside lights. 😍 Those will come down New Year's Eve. Heather Thank you for the cleaning solution. My DH isn't a fan of the smell, but it did a wonderful job. Yesterday I took the Bronco to body shop, then started take down, and cleaning. It really wasn't as "dirty" as I thought, but feels much better in dining room, living room, hallway, and part of kitchen. I ran out of time and energy. Rearranged some surfaces so feels less cluttered. At least surfaces and walls are clean and carpet vacuumed. I will tackle interior surfaces slower. While I hate the idea, I may need to include DH in cleaning out the under cabinets of two hutches. 🙃 Most of that is his stuffs. They are full with stuffs we haven't used in years. I don't really want to just pack and put in attic. I want it gone. He just overthinks everything and wants to keep everything. This will take some delicate negotiations. Lol!
    So for now I am happy with work done. Interior surfaces will wait for little bits at a time. It was difficult mentally yesterday doing this as I had to balance what I wanted done with helping DH in his clean up projects, cooking dinner, spending time with DH.....I tend to buckle down and become single minded when the urge hits. This is why I usually did this when he was gone on weekends. Changes are difficult.

Today I enjoyed walking into the clean and decluttered front rooms with the lights of the tree.

Back to work for a short week. Need to get laundry sorted and plants watered before hand.

Love all the pictures!
    Healing thoughts for those with medical challenges.
    Hugs because we all need them.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    My friend G isn't calling in after all. Her itching was so bad last night that she felt she had to see a doctor again this morning. She has an appointment at 11.20. The poor woman feels she is being tortured. I have a photo I will put in a spoiler. Please don't look if medical things upset you. She said it's even worse on her arms - big blisters. It's all over her body.
    tbobdpg1d5du.jpg
    She is still intending to drive to Eastbourne, because she wants to see a very old friend of her long deceased sister. Personally, I couldn't even consider an expedition!

Oh well.

I managed my exercises this morning and an editing session, so I'm quite pleased with myself. o:) Plus, before I knew G wasn't coming, at 7 am I hoovered the rug in the living room, and the kitchen floor, and polished the worktops. :p Then I put the turkey carcase on for stock, in an old weak chicken stock that has been neglected in the freezer. The smell is amazing! Soup for lunch, plus a smoked mackerel bagel.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Looks like when I had measles in 2016 ... except it looks like she has done some scratching.

I was experiencing such painful itching that I couldn't wear clothes and I couldn't sit or lie down. I spent the worst night walking up and down in the living room all night long, with the temperature as cold as I could stand it. It was the only way I felt even slightly comfortable.

The next morning, I put on the smoothest clothes I could find, and not much of them (a skirt and some sort of top but no underwear) and my husband took me to an urgent care facility.

Fortunately, the doctor took one look at me and put me on a very strong antihistamine and a very strong painkiller which together knocked me out completely for about 2 days. By then, the worst was past so I was able to start cutting back a bit and spending a bit of time awake. It took several weeks for it all to fade.

Since then I haven't been able to wear anything with texture.

I feel for her and hope they can knock her out until it starts to leave her system. I hope they can find the source as well.

I seem to react to a lot more things in recent years than I used to. Penicillin is one that left me with a head to toe rash (but not like that). Just a couple months ago, I reacted badly to some sort of essential oils.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Watching the Today show..
    Going to have some Christmas tea i ordered it from Amazon.
    Alfie is under the covers..
    My friends are up visiting from N..C.and the stomach bug is running through the family so staying away.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Beth, hugs and more hugs and prayers as well. I’m glad your mother seems a little better.

Allie, I know a few people who have lost week successfully with an Ozempic type shot and at least one who could not tolerate the nausea. My nutritionist advises against it unless it is medically necessary, particularly because of the loss of muscle mass as someone else mentioned. He also said that the potential for gaining the weight back once the medication stops is extremely high. My take is that it is like any other medical intervention to help with weight loss: do your research and proceed with caution. Sometimes it is necessary, but don’t think it is an easy fix or without it’s issues.

Lanette , your research was interesting to read and reminded me of an incident that happened in the grocery store parking lot a few months back. As I was getting out of my car to go into the store, I witnessed a man go down beside his truck. He was obviously disabled in some way with mobility issues, anyway. I rushed to help him as did a young man. We helped him get his groceries into the truck and to get himself back on his feet. At that point the young man left. I stayed until this man was safely in his truck and ready to drive away.

Debbie, I especially like Machka’s idea for your Christmas next year. And don’t tell anybody where you’re going!

Michelle, I have similar benign moles all over my back. Your one is bleeding because your bra has irritated it and worked it loose from your body in a spot. Just put a bandaid over it to cushion it from your bra, and you will be fine until February. It’s a nuisance more than anything. I had one at my waistline that did that back in the fall.

Heather, your friend’s skin looks very painful. Did you say what her diagnosis is? I’m with Machka on that one, too. Give me something to knock me out until it gets better.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Michelle, I used to give out coal to my kids too, but it was candy! I found some candy coal and gave each child some in their sock. I was very quickly sorry I did that! Have you ever had to clean children’s faces that were stained black? I had red before and blue from different candies, but black was the worst! Never bought that again, even though my kids thought it was great fun! 🤩

Beth My car radio ghost/alien must have decided your stove was a great place to move to! 🤪👽👻

2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate my children.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,5916 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 231/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)107/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself. I try to do this always.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature. My daily job! :)
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat. Calling my son. It’s his birthday toady and he lives in Connecticut.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Kylia: You were really kind to send me Heather's cleaning solution. I really need to use it.

Lisa: The sun room looks amazing. I like knotty wood and it looks like you have a door for Egg.

Lanette and Beth: Inspiring to get your 2024 plans in motion.

Margaret: Had to look up metabolic syndrome. Everything about me is flabby and fits some of the signs. Hoping if I ever get my bad knee replaced I can get more exercise.

Heather: Hope your friend does not have scabies as I read it is caused by skin to skin contact from others you have been close to. If it was that, I would be scared to be around her.

Beth and Annie: Hugs!

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    Options
    Debbie the family drama is why I live so far from family. It got to me making me have panic attacks along with depression so bad that I kept losing jobs. Moving to TN then to the RV were the best things I did for my health. I’m so sorry you have to go through all that with your family. Maybe you need to take a vacation away for a couple of weeks, just you to relax. Tell me again WHY your DH has to go there twice a day? It seems to just make things worse for everyone. Can he not just go once a day and taper that off as well? I know culture plays a big part in this, and can be very hard to deal with.

RVRita

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    Options
    Today is make snowflakes day! I have a pattern that I used when I was substitute teaching 3rd graders. Think I will make some for January decorations this year! I’ll post a picture of them when/if I make them. I need to go for bloodwork today before my January appointment with the renal doc.

9niba83nw8a2.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Debbie: Seems like you are in a No Win situation with your own family and with your husband's. Thank goodness you have your son and his girlfriend, your exercise classes, your church, and the wetlands to bring some stability to your life.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I tried a new recipe this evening with cauliflower, crême fraiche, and Parmesan, mashed into a purée, and finished with sage brown butter. Absolutely heavenly!
    I topped it with left over bacon rashers and fried eggs.
    We both loved it.
    Stewed apricots for dessert.

G has arrived at her seafront hotel in Eastbourne and says the itching is less tormenting. The doctor was mentioning an auto immune reaction. She already has RA flareups. Not scabies.
    I hope she can get some sleep and enjoy the break from her flat. This has been getting worse over weeks/months.

Looking forward to a new Agatha Christie murder tonight. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx