Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I am currently reading a book called 'Keep the Memories, Lose the Stuff' by Matt Paxton. Much as I love the dress, (it's very similar to the one I bought for my niece's wedding), your project sounds perfect. You could display the photo of the couple, and one of the dress and hat, next to the design.
    Is that the grandmother who gave you refuge when you were a teenager? <3

Lanette - Thank you for the info on weight for older women. Terri has been saying the same thing for a while. It certainly helps me feel better! My friend L has been lamenting her moderate weight gain recently, but she is prone to bone breakage, so I'm quite pleased about it.

I hope to see G this afternoon on her way through. I will hoover the rug again! It shows every speck!

I'm very near finishing the book editing. Perhaps today. Then blurb etc. Should be out early January.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Friday!
    Feeling a little off this morning....could be precursor to migraine....but not sure. Was asleep by 930 last night. I did work on a little cross-stitch last night which was relaxing. I probably should have worked on another cleaning project, but this called my name. Cleaning will wait.

Work today. Half day tomorrow. Off Monday. Yay! The next day we are closed is Memorial day. I have enjoyed the extra time off.

Time to get at work things.

Much love,
    Continued hugs,
    Healing thoughts,
    <3,
    Kylia in grey Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Lanette My waist to hip at .89 want it at at least .85. Triglycerides to HDL 4.2 want at 2 or lower. These measurements confirm metabolic syndrome to me. Because of my better food choices weight is now down to 176 from 184 so I am going in the right direction now.

I slept better last night too! No bathroom run or leg cramps. I feel in a better place to do what needs to be done to help DH too! I am trying to follow my own advice when I learn someone is trying to help someone with health issues I ask them what are you doing for yourself and not about the one they are caring for issues. It is even more important now that I take good care of myself and only do what improves my health. No to the many things that only tax my energy and yes to those that help me feel stronger... the right healthy foods, good sleep, things that make me laugh and sing, sharing and spending time with friends with fun activities like movies going to the park, spending quality time with DrewB etc...

Barbara You really do follow the open heart first then open your mouth mantra. Thank you for being a role model.

Annie I wrote my mother's eulogy. What helped me was starting with the repeating phrase did someone say...going out to eat (one of her favorite things to do, travel (another favorite activity), Colin Firth (favorite actor), Lolly ( my dad's nickname for her she was named Leslie Francis which she never liked because at that time Leslie was a boy's name she felt she was named for the son who died in childbirth (she was the youngest of four girls). My goal was to paint a picture so those who didn't know her would come away with the person she was. I know you will come up with a good one of your own that will speak from the heart...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Got back about an hr ago from watching Miles,whoosh he is a whirlwind..
    Daddy stayed home today as he wasn't feeling well
    I saw something on the way home that blew my mind.
    I saw a man jogging along the main highway well rt 66 with no shoes or shirt,I was flabbergasted to say the least.
    I was in such shock that I wanted to stop and help,but I don't think he wanted any,maybe an escapee from the CVH which is the psychiatric hospital in the next town over.who knows..