Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the last year and the positive changes I made. Looking forward to another year of positive decisions.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,5916 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 231/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)107/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 17/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself. I try to do this always.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature. My daily job! :)
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat. Calling my son. It’s his birthday toady and he lives in Connecticut.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy. Will try!
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024. I chose 3 words to help me throughout the coming year:

simplify, empowered, authentic.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Today is: Champagne Day, it is a tradition I’ve had for the last 30 years to have champagne on New Years Eve. But since I am now alcohol free, I bought some AF champagne so I can continue the tradition! This goes with the Make Up Your Mind Day too! I DO NOT believe that today is unlucky day! Too negative for me. It will be a GOOD day! Happy New year Everyone!

fzf54kjzsmam.jpeg
    gibwlmc2ynz6.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Master bedroom dusted! It is the dustiest room in the house. It is the one I should dust most often due to DH's dust mite allergy. Oops. Feels much better now! We have an old watered frame with regular mattress, but has the really large full cabinet with drawers headboard. We have owned for almost 30 years. While dusting the cupboard under the mirror I found a hidden compartment! I rarely get in there since the cpap cleaner sits there, so it was really dusty. What a surprise though.

Time to move to tree.

<3
    Kylia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Kettleworx Core DVD today. Did a load of laundry while I was exercising. By the time I finished, it was time to put it in the dryer I thought of one upside to BK opening later tomorrow – I’ll get to exercise for at least 45 minutes. I’m planning to do the Dressed Up Drills DVD since they have all different lengths of time workouts – 30 min, 45 min, 1 hr and I think there is a longer one.

After exercise walked in the neighborhood. Vince said last night that it’ll be so cold that I won’t want to go. So I dressed up, even took gloves with me. Didn’t need them. It really wasn’t all that bad. After the walk went to WalMart, bought gas, then went to where I’m going to get the root canal done to be sure I know where it is. I really don’t feel like getting lost at 6:45 in the morning.

Barbara – ROTF with your genetic mutation

Rosemarie – good for you not sitting thru the football game. Sorry I missed this earlier, but that’s fantastic. The only reason I might sit thru them is to get a good look at those guys in their tight pants running around….lol

Barbara - I have a suspicion that the store manager of BK is trying to cut expenses and so isn’t ordering enough product. To me, they should AT LEAST order one extra box of everything. Remember I was telling you about some “labor” thing that if I live to be 100 I’ll never understand. They want their profit to justify the salaries from minute to minute. To me, there are some things that should be done first thing in the morning, like having the bathrooms cleaned for customers. I believe they should have the prep first thing in the morning for the day. I can’t see saying “sorry, we don’t have any onions because labor is down and the person who does it isn’t working right now”. As a customer, I would think “I really don’t care about your labor, I’ll go to McD where I can at least get a d*** onion.” I feel the important thing should be if you’re making a profit at the end of the day, not hour by hour.

Ginny – I have a feeling that Lynette canceled coming for dinner not so much because she’s sick but she does dramatize a lot and I think she might be dramatizing her radiation. But that’s just her. I really don’t think she’s that sick but that’s a good excuse. Oh well, maybe after she has one treatment, she’ll see that it’s really not that bad, not like chemo. She’s probably sick thinking about it.

Just got notice that the Newcomer dues is going up $5. Well, everything else is going up. They extended the deadline for the “winter dinner” or whatever it’s called. To me, that says that not a lot of people signed up. Also, they are no longer offering a discount for early dues payment. See, in the past, we had to track people down to see if they were renewing Wonder if they’re going to go back to this or just delete members who haven’t paid?

Annie – my heart breaks for your dad. Yet, I can understand your feeling about his long marriage. So glad to hear that your cousin is such a great help

Kylia – Animal House is so funny. Vince loves it, reminds him of his fraternity.

M and everyone else down under – happy new year

Gotta order my new mahjong card tomorrow. It won’t come until the end of March, beginning of April, but I want to be in the first batch that are sent out.

Brought all the ornament totes inside since Ken and Lynette aren’t coming. I’m HOPING to get at least the boxes with a Christmas platters, etc. packed up. I’m also going to see if I can get rid of things and maybe go down to only one box rather than two

Lisa – glad you’re feeling better and hope it lasts a long time

Rita – where do you find the AF champagne? I think that would be nice for Ken. Since he’s on so many pain meds (heavy duty ones too) he can’t have any alcohol. So this would be nice for us since he can have some, too

kylia – we have a Soma bed (water cylinders). I have my side of the bed harder than Vince does. One of the things I like is that it has drawers under it. I would like to change the bed some day, get a new one, but it MUST have drawers

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options

Debbie: Does your DH have anyone besides you. After all you are only one person. The situation with DH, you and his mother seems very isolating. We did hire someone and also used an agency for my husband. Without this we would not have had anyone but me to take care of him. And even then I didn't get enough emotional support. It would be great if the right personal care assistant came along and shopped for your MIL and touched up the house and sat with her one morning or afternoon a week. It might be a start. Would it help if DH told his Mom that the doctor says he can't keep caring for her 7 days a week. Then it would be a medical decision, not his decision.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Dh does have very few friends- he has alienated most over stupid little things(he forgives no one of anything). He does still have a couple friends who live an hour away. They have come to visit him a couple times and he turned the offer down the last time they wanted to come down.
    I have told him many times we need to hire help- we tired one time, it failed so he is sure it will fail again if he tries.
    His mom will just say he is lying if he says the doctor told him he can't keep doing this.
    She calls dh a greedy ******* when he says he has to go to work. In her eyes, those hours he works are hours he should be there with her(she doesn't NEED him there). Yes, she is very lonely but no one wants to be around her.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie ! I was trying to figure out my word for 2024. Perseverance! Sounds better than selfish. I just want to put me first more often. At times that is a struggle, so I will persevere in my goals.

2023 word was progression. I think I have progressed in a lot of my thinking and feelings. Progress towards a healthier me, more positive self talk, pausing before speaking/typing to see if I can put in a more positive way. Progress. did I hit my goals... nope....did I make progress on them....yes... one small bite at a time.

I am grateful and appreciative for each of you! ❤️

Debbie May we strengthen your ability to enjoy things around you and support you when you need a hand up.

More later,
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 15min 18sec, make/refill hummingbird food, vacuum, dust, change bedsheets, laundry fold/put away, rake front entryway and front patio leaves, etc= 621c