So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had clouds, too. It really looked like it would rain, but it didn’t. Sweetie and I had chicken Caesar salad for dinner. I’m definitely ready for dessert. It took me forever to get finished with all my chores today. It will be so nice to relax with an iced mocha and a piece of the cranberry apple tart I saw in the bakery case as I was walking by. Viktor’s bringing extra whipped cream and a couple more iced mochas for whoever might need one.

I’m tired this evening so I made Viktor promise to wake me up if I fall asleep out here on the terrace. The holiday put me off schedule and I ended up having to catch up on laundry and vacuuming today. This weekend, after Epiphany, the Christmas decorations will have to be put away. Then I get to do more dusting and vacuuming while I’m secretly visiting the cybercafe and hiking up the mountains or working in the orchard or swimming.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s National Spaghetti Day! Spaghetti for everyone! I’ll have mine with meatballs and marinara, salad and garlic bread on the side. I saw a picture of cheesecake with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce on top and thought that recipe would make lovely raspberry cheesecake cupcakes for dessert. I’ll have Viktor add a dollop of chocolate ganache to mine because, well, it’s chocolate. Iced mocha or coffee?

Zzyyggy what are you having? It’s going to be a bit before dinner is served. I’m going out to the orchards. I can hang out with Jorge. I think he’s in the early Spring orchard today trimming the trees. Yesterday he finished working on the espalier for the apple trees. It’s going to be beautiful when the trees start blooming.
  • Tardytriathlete
    Tardytriathlete Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A flat white coffee and an oooey gooey cookie dough dessert please! ☺️
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Welcome to the cybercafe, @Tardytriathlete —Viktor, our wonderful waiter will always have your order right out.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was laying in bed nodding off when I realized I haven't stopped by yet today. Welcome to the Cyber Cafe Tardytriathalon. I'm going with the spaghetti and meatballs as well with garlic bread, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm late for dinner but I'll enjoy it out on the terrace under the stars. It was cold in the real world today.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Cybering has sure changed over the years…
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the cyber cafe Swannysez. I need the tropical sunshine again today. It was cold out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, coleslaw and a coca cola. Lots of tarter sauce and ketchup. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll take out on the terrace with the ocean view. The whales are feeding in the harbor and it's fun to watch them.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We’ve been sitting out here in the sunshine on the terrace for hours. You should probably let the sun set. Besides, it’s time for Sunset Dessert. Coffee and creme brûlée for me this evening. I saw Betty had a creme brûlée recipe that looked so easy I figure I could make it for Sweetie and the kids. Too bad I can’t eat eggs. Still, I think it would be fun to make for everyone. I’ll have to put that in my Easter dinner list.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah I guess it can set at 9:00 pm. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some prime rib with a baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars, and an iced mocha. Another night on the terrace seems good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, that ocean breeze feels good Zzyyggy. It’s so nice and warm here at the cybercafe. It’s been so cold in the real world and I can’t get warm today. I think I’ll sit here on the terrace in the sun for a while. I’ll order my favorite chocolate espresso sundae. I love the chocolate covered espresso beans on top. I should order some on the side—bet they would be good with M&M’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, this is what I woke up to snow this morning. Lots of it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast chicken dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, dinner rolls, and lots of gravy and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of chocolate cake and and iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m imagining snow? We had a beautiful sunny day in Charlotte, although it was chilly. Hmm, chilly in the low 50’s, not Vermont chilly. Apparently Igor likes setting the cybercafe’s outdoor temperature at 82 degrees with a gentle breeze blowing. Makes sitting out here on the terrace so comfortable. Once the sun starts to set it will cool off to 72 degrees. I wish I could turn the heat at my house up to 72 degrees. It would be so nice, especially when it’s below freezing in the mornings and the heat hasn’t kicked on yet.

The roast chicken dinner is delicious. Francois has outdone himself. When I was a kid my mom would bake date nut bread and serve it buttered for dessert. Francois promised his tastes just like my mom’s. I’m having that with my coffee for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited January 8
    Options
    Hi Linda, I had taken pictures of the snow fall Sunday morning, and downloaded them, but I can't find them on my computer, or myfitnesspal can't. Oh well. We got quite a bit more then then were saying. For dinner tonight I would like the diner bacon cheeseburger with lots of onion rings, and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room since we had some sunshine. I like watching the fire in the fire place.
  • LindaK125
    edited January 9
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I would have enjoyed seeing your snow! We’re in for some bad weather overnight and tomorrow with the possibility of tornadoes. The southeastern piedmont of NC is expecting flooding and wind gusts up to 35 mph. All the schools are closed tomorrow. It looks like the worst of the weather overnight will be west of Charlotte, but we’ll be listening to our weather radio for any emergency alerts. I expect we’ll have lots of rain and some wind, but we should be fine where we live. I think I’d rather have snow than tornadoes.

I’m ready to sit by that fireplace with you and have brownies and coffee. I love these recliners by the fireplace, however, I might just fall asleep if I close my eyes for too long.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that sounds like the kind of bad weather we're getting. Snow and wind tonight, and tomorrow rain and wind with extremely strong gusts. Power outages are expected. It's already started to snow. For dinner tonight I could really go for something hearty. I think I'll go for the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room again tonight and enjoy the fire.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, meatloaf. I love meatloaf sandwiches. 🥪 Viktor, I’ll have mine with a Dr. Pepper, please. I’d like a bowl of warm caramel apple crisp with caramel swirl ice cream and coffee for dessert.

Hi, Zzyyggy. Ah, it feels good to sit down and relax. Sweetie and I were cooking. We made unstuffed cabbage. It takes forever to cut up all the vegetables. The recipe calls for rice, but I don’t add that. I’ll make rice on the side if Sweetie wants it. Whenever it’s stormy we make stew or soup. We had two inches of rain with the occasional thunderstorm and it got windy. We even had tornado warnings! Fortunately for us, while there were tornados, they stayed away from us. Just before sunset there was a break in the clouds to the west and you could see beautiful blue sky and then the setting sun turned the clouds all around an amazing rose gold, except the eastern sky stayed a dark steel blue.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, just got lost on my way in here. Couldn't find the thread. So I backed out and did it again. I must of hit a wrong group. I'm here. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the chicken fingers with french fries, coleslaw and plenty of barbecued dipping sauce. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace tonight I need the tropical sunshine and warmth.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sorry you got lost on your way to the cybercafe. I see we’re out here in the sun again this evening. Feels good, it was very windy today so it felt cold. It will be nice to relax out here on the terrace. I ordered the seafood paella for dinner. For dessert Viktor said he’d make ice cream sandwiches with the chocolate chip pecan cookies Francois made earlier today. I can’t decide between caramel swirl or coffee ice cream, but I definitely want some iced coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the bacon, and lettuce grinder with mayo, and potato chips. A coca cols with that please. For dessert I'll have a giant chocolate chip cookie and an iced moch. I'll have it out on the terrace. I need some tropical sunshine today.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy it was 60 degrees and sunny at my house today. It was really nice, but tomorrow they’re forecasting thunderstorms. Gee, it’s really nice out here on the cybercafe’s terrace. I saw a toasted coconut cream pie as I walked by the bakery cases and Viktor said he’d be right out with pie and iced teas and iced mochas all around.

I’m so tired tonight. Last night Sweetie decided to make chicken soup, starting at 9:00 pm. He was done after 1:00 am this morning. Why did I stay up with him? He stayed in bed this morning until 10:30am, but I was up before 5:00 am this morning.