WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Machka I‘ll look at the email metadata to see where it comes from and let you know. If I find a link to join it, I’ll provide that as well. I belong to Amazon Prime First Reads to get free books from there to, all digital though.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Today IS Festival of the seven herbs sounds delicious!!
    imvvbvaojix1.jpeg
    3agf469hl9mk.jpeg
    yf0cqid8a20k.jpeg
  • kevrit
    Options
    Here is a screen shot of the last giveaway. Perhaps it will give you all a way to get these same giveaways too!

ygef5l27qbww.jpeg

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    dqqaxp3su589.jpg
    88dlwyfjbh11.jpg
    o0weh027k0zz.jpg
    The first 2 pictures are Miles and Daddy making a snowman,and Miles shoveling snow..lol and 3rd picture is snow out my bedroom window.
    Went and got my mattress topper back out ,and doing a load of laundry,did the dishes last night.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Rita - I read that having coffee prior to "fasting" morning glucose readings can make it rise. In some folks, not necessarily all. I have the Reli-on glucose test kit I got at Walmart and sometimes check readings an hour or two after eating. They have always been well within range. So I think over all things are working pretty well despite my over 100 fasting readings at the doc's office.

Carol - sorry so much chaos at your house this past week. Hope your hospitalized BIL does OK.

With this new Windows 11, I see there's an MSN weather forecast appearing on the left side of the task bar at the bottom of this screen. It's pretty accurate. I like it. :p I think the old one had similar but there were so many apps in that taskbar it got lost.

And another blessing in disguise with this laptop not being able to load my old "profile".... instant decluttering! No more scads of bookmarks and stuff to wade through. Here's a chance for me to keep things tidy in this machine. I like it.

Gals - reminder to get the "weekly check-in" info to me today or tomorrow morning the latest. ;)

Lanette B)
    Sunny (for the moment) SW WA State where I'm heading out to let the hens run for a few minutes.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Debbie - what show is that? It sounds like one my Granddaughter might like.

My daughter that has been trying so hard to have a baby told me tonight that one of their friends is starting a go fund me to help for their next IVF round. I’m so glad they are allowing this, it will help them to try again sooner. It takes a long time to save the amount of money they need for this. She estimates that they have already spent 30K over the last two years. They have done that, finished school that they didn’t take loans for and bought a house in the last 5 years and they have not asked for help from anyone as a matter of fact they helped others as well. They make me so proud.

Tracey in Edmonton

It is called "Bluey" very cute-they live in Australia so their comments are different than I am used to . A few I have had to look up.
    Love how the parents(they are all dogs) are very hands on with the two kids, especially the dad.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Denise Austin’s Power Zone DVD then took a walk around the neighborhood. Then went to Aldi and home for breakfast and then helped Vince bring in most of the rest of the Christmas decorations. Then did the wind ever pick up!!!

Tracey – it sure is amazing the people you meet!

Annie – the story about the strangers coming to your house for Thanksgiving reminds me of the saying “guest in the home is God in the home” (apologies if anyone finds this offensive)

When Jess came here she bought these articles of clothing for me to sew. Honestly, if it were me, I’d just buy new clothes. It’s not that much. And you know how much of a cheapskate I can be.

Aldi had spaghetti squash on sale so I’m making that in the IP right now. Have yogurt in the other IP. I put it on before I went to help Vince then when we came in for lunch I noticed it said “off”. I realized what must have happened is that I didn’t push the “yogurt” button hard enough. So now it’ll be done around 10. Then I’ll let it drip overnight

Carol – I’m so very sorry to read about your BIL

kylia – you should see the condition of the break room at BK when I go in in the morning. Drinks spilled and not cleaned up, food wrappers, half eaten sandwiches, drink, just to name a few. How difficult is it to clean up after yourself before you leave? When you spill your drink, how difficult is it to take a paper towel and wipe it up?

Barbie – I have Hoopla and Libby, too. But I do find that they don’t have all that many ebooks. I also have them not only from NC but also from FL. It’s interesting, if there is a book anywhere in NC, I have access to it. However, in FL I only have access to books in that county. Different states…..

Michele NC
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    <3