WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Here is a screen shot of the last giveaway. Perhaps it will give you all a way to get these same giveaways too!

ygef5l27qbww.jpeg

I had a look around the Goodreads site because I finished another book today.

Turns out the giveaways are only for the US and Canada.

h4ibefezimf3.png

Machka in Oz

So sorry Machka. I have friends in Ontario who live on the border and tell me a lot of things are not available in Ontario, but are just over the border in the USA. Who knows??

RVRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    painting nails I go on ‘fits’. I will do my nails for a year then not for a year. It’s time to start painting them again.
    Pill timing I have mine, my DH’s, and my dogs pills in daily containers. I fill them on Saturdays. I found this morning that I took the morning pills for today instead of the nighttime ones yesterday. Thought about taking nighttime this morning, but those are all pills that make me sleepy, so took Tuesday’s morning pills. If I didn’t use those containers, dogs and DH wouldn’t get their pills at all!
    Today is a lot to think about today: typing day, well, I’m using a keyboard and type with all my fingers all the time. Learned how to in High School and have ever since. Male watching day, always interesting 😈 Gluten Free Day, well I don’t eat wheat, so no gluten anyway, and women’s day so I’m gonna celebrate me!
    yysfsv09vxfe.jpeg
    sm8eq9hwoehm.jpeg
    bne0qld2rrwg.jpeg
    824euhxya1v9.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Lisa - So happy for you to get some hugs. <3<3<3

My cleaner took the knives :p and I finished sorting and cleaning the kitchen drawers. Three oyster knives anyone? Random picks? Two nutcrackers. Haven't cracked a nut in 20 years! :p I've moved them to the utility room under 'pending'. Divested myself of random bits of silverware!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I just watched this short (11 min) presentation on foods for gut health by Tim Spector. Another reason to eliminate or at least really cut down on ultra processed food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPI-FJj8f5o

Lanette B)
  • monie_is_getting_fit
    monie_is_getting_fit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

What are these numbers for?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies
    Well today is the endocrinologist for me,tomorrow the eye dr for Doris and then we have a deluge of rain coming.
    My place looks like a tornado blew through here,today im going to do some clean up to the best of my ability..
    Im just ashamed Ive let it get to this point.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in January 8, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - Up a pound over the past two weeks- 152.4 Getting back to tracking and walking this week.

Rita in Roswell, NM - I’m proud to say that I lost 3 pounds since last week. My change in diet and attention to what I’m eating is worth it!

Kylia in Ohio - Good morning! Small changes equal nearly a pound lost this week! I am excited to keep this roller coaster going downhill. Cheers to a week of continuing small steps.

Evie in BC
    - up half a pound this week.

Sue in WA State - started the year at 227 pounds. Walked 5 min per day 5 days this week.

Lanette in SW WA State – staying on even keel weight wise. Have lost 5 pounds in 5 months just by walking a lot more- 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Kind of fast – like I’m “in a hurry” :p mostly in the house while carrying some weights. Eating a lot more protein helps me limit sugary and "junk food" snacks.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Lanette enjoyed the video. On his page except for the grains. He didn't discuss meat or fish either. I am eating less of those too. They take a longer time to digest. A question do these microbes help you digest harder to digest foods like meat, milk, eggs? Watched the video on the heart and it as I thought. Diet, exercise, figure out healthy ways to handle stress, and sleep can keep the stent doctor away!I do need to up my blue veggies and use more olive oil. I did sleep better the past two nights.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

What are these numbers for?

Not a thing. It just marks my spot
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Lynette - we got the dryer at Albert Lee. They are working on getting us a different one. We bought our refrigerator from them a couple of years ago and have been really pleased with it.