WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Lynette - we got the dryer at Albert Lee. They are working on getting us a different one. We bought our refrigerator from them a couple of years ago and have been really pleased with it.

Sue - Albert Lee has a great reputation, I'm sure they'll get it taken care of as soon as they can. Crossing fingers for you.

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- (carrying Chispa in sling 16#), 45.43min, 41elev, 2.65ap, 85ahr, 102mhr, .2.02mi= 225c
    Strava app= 248c
    Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 58.34min, 49elev, 4.11ap, 111ahr, 159mhr, 4.08mi= 372c
    Strava app= 500c
    Zwift home bike trainer- Strava stats- 20.01min, 115elev, 75aw, 15.3amph, 112ahr, 141mhr, 5.11mi= 154c
    Strava app= 86c
    Zwift stats- 20.05min, 118elev, 75aw, 55arpm, 15.30amph, 5.12mi= 86c

Total cal 751
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    cayenneandcoopersmom: Wow! Going to nursing school at 70 is a great thing for you to do. My mom went to nursing school at around 50. I really admire what you are doing!

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbara and Lanette Thank you both! I am on Buspirone for depression/anxiety. It has taken 10 months for it to actually make a difference in my life, but I believe it has. "Energizer bunny" still needs her down time and is learning to take it. Small steps and perseverance.

Simone I made note so I can ask my sister when she is reachable again.

Vicki Stay safe! We got an inch of snow Saturday, gone by 11 am. Forecasted for Lisa's storm tomorrow-high winds and rain high of 50 then falling. Wednesday snow. Next week our highs are 8n the teens! This has been a rough year for the seasons. They are mixed up.

Close to time to leave work. I wiped down all equipment today and replaced the door buzzer. Massage is next! Yay!

Stay safe wherever you are!
    Make the best choice you can.
    Just take the first step, it really is the hardest.

<3
    Kylia in (no I didn't see the sun today) Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Picked up a few things..thanks for all the encouragement ladies..
    Honestly alot to do with 2 things they say after heart surgery you change,and I feel I have..also I think I will make an appointment with my GP who is a APRN..and see what she has to say..i think also it could be the meds im on..im constantly hungry..
    Im not supposed to eat lots of salad or dark greens because of the vitamin K and the kidneys,also have to watch how much protien I have too..so it gets a bit hard to know exactly what to eat.tv4iceqmnug5.jpg
    7gr2as2xuqwj.jpg
    b3ydnba52qqr.jpg
    dwq2y1ftk79p.jpg
    Miles finally looking at what I got him for his birthday..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    Machka: Yay! For the negative test. And hang in there. You energy levels will improve. Your feelings re ex are understandable.

Lisa: Those hugs are precious. I made sure I got loads from my grands when they were home over Christmas.

Allie: Dinna fuss yourself over a bit of mess. Just start small and keep going.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 for those who need them.

Mille failte to our new girls.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Kylia congratulations to your sister! My foster sister is a professor there. Her name is Alison Leonard. She has a Doctorate in Dance.

Rebecca happy 4 months to Eli! I have an Eli, too! He and his twin, Peyton, turn 18 in April. I am not ready to have them be adults.

This group really is active. I am not used to that! The last time I was part of a very active group was when I was pregnant with my last son back in 2009.

I have lost 3 pounds in a week. I was not expecting that. I know it won’t be what I will see every week.

I have been walking 1 mile a day for 3 days and walked 2 miles today. I am listening to an audiobook of David Copperfield for a book club that I am part of. The print is so small that I can hardly read the print.

Simone- Wisconsin

Awe, sweet twins. These are your grandkids? I have a photo frame and get to look at mine all day if I wanna. So sweet.
    3dvdxvv3o4yf.jpeg
    Great walking, I need to do that!
    Nice to meet you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: 1/8 the puppy tummy time alarm clock team ;)
    Not such a good start. Steps and vitamins down, Sugar, sodium, weight up. PT nonexistent. BUT, when I mistyped wt as “142.3"was grateful not to be there any more. ;}
    Lanette you are so brave to update to Win 11 by yourself! I’ll have to be dragged kicking, screaming and clinging to Win10 by my fingernails. May my laptop outlive me!
    Carol prayers for your DH, your BIL and you.
    Machka doing one thing is a triumph when you’re sick. Hope the warmth and humidity help your breathing. Loved the meme, reminded me of the time my cat took one bite out of each of a dozen muffins . . . Glad you spoke with the MD and are taking your sick leave. ((hugs))
    Kylia I just love your “you do you” advice to Allie and others. Well said. This morning’s quote: “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.”
    “…I felt isolated being on one, like I wasn't doing something right.” IMHO anti anxiety prescriptions are medicines when taken according to Dr.’s orders. You are doing something right by following Dr.’s orders. And YOU are classy, beautiful and smart, not to mention an Energizer Bunny.
    Rita How do you clean your salad spritzer? Mine got gummy and rancid and had to throw it away.
    Barbie would you remind me how old your puppy is?
    Rebecca what a blessing your sister is to you, and you are to her. :love:
    Heather “Doing something is always better than doing nothing.” I needed to be reminded, thanks!
    Ginny 13K steps? Well done!
    Debbie hope you continue to feel better and don’t overdo.
    Margaret “…My take away is you never know where an opportunity might lead especially when others can count on you.” Truth this!
    Pip poor Chispa! Good thing you have the trolley and sling. . .
    Michele would you remind me why you can’t mail Lynette her gifts?
    Simone congratulations on the 3 lbs but most especially for the miles walked. Well done!
    Annie ((hugs)) You are right, you do not have much control over your dad’s eating and taking medicine. ((hugs))
    Lisa the image of you waking to the Elvis movie and your “knew the ending” response to your daughter made me snort my tea. :laugh:
    Welcome back @cayenneandcoopersmom ! Term 2 of nursing school? Brava!

“Leftovers,” yup part of the annual pantry freeze purge resolution not to buy anything but fresh veggies and dairy that will be consumed in the next week ;)
    1/7: Move: ZERO sets PT, not even Jeopardy walking. :rage: Steps: 4095
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=0 CI<CO net=370 vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, church, budget committee meeting, newspaper to KH, donated books for Friends of Library sale, tiny time grooming Tumble, tree undecorated. Wt:134.7!?!
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

I feel so privileged that she confides in me, we can talk each other out of a sad state, and we are there for each other. We are just messy emotional as its supposed to be.💖. Processing life thru our eyeballs.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa