• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    27827&
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and dressed,but its cold and im snuggled under the covers..I have to go out and get some distilled water for the Cpap .. its 29 and cold but we are supposed to snow tomorrow.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-In January 15, 2024

Evie in BC - The half pound that caught up with me last week left and it took a teeny little friend with it! Yay!

Sue in WA State - weight still 227. Missed water exercise this week due to septic issues and delivery of new dryer. Did yoga stretches 7 out of 7 days. Strength and balance exercises 3 of 7 days. 5 minute walks 2 of 7 days.

Kylia in Ohio - So apparently talking on the phone and logging are good for me! For the second week in a row, I have lost .8 pounds! I am so excited to see the losses. I have been walking and talking around the house and most days have been close to protein needs. Now to keep this up for week 3 with yall's help! We can do this!

Rita in Roswell, NM - Down another pound. Feeling good about that!

Lanette SW WA State – Actually lost a pound this past week. (Weight now 165.5# at 5 ft 8.5 inches tall). Hadn’t really been trying, had been eating plenty, and if it weren’t for my walking and high protein intake, I’d be worried about muscle loss. Still managing average of over 10,000 steps per day, mostly “house walking” with 5# weights in each hand, plus many trips out to check the hens.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    No bowling today since it’s MLK day and the schools are off. Ceramics tonight, then need to stop at a friend’s house and then go to Publix since I have a coupon for a free ice cream and since we’re right up there…..

Dinner was nice with Ken & Lynette. Of course, there was lots of talk about Lynette’s operation, how she has only 5 small incisions. I didn’t mention about my friend in Switzerland who will probably have a lot more, it’ll be an 8-10 hr operation. In a way I feel bad for Ken, he really doesn’t do much. He was happy to be out. But yet, he can drive, I invited him to come over here, it’s not like it’s that far away. I guess we shall see what happens. I’m guessing that he doesn’t come over.

Heather – that was so nice of you to give your son that pot. Personally, at this time, I don’t think I would want something that heavy. Right now I’m grateful for my Corelleware.

Tracey – I know I’ve seen that poem before, but it’s still hilarious.

Barbara – talking to the neighbor about the tree is really not a big deal. I don’t think it’s necessary, but it really doesn’t matter. I think they’ll be happy to see it go

I don’t know what it is, but I am so tired. I’ll probably take a walk around the neighborhood and then a nap. This isn’t like me, I’m not one for naps. But I think I’ll take one today

Lisa – Vince and I don’t eat out very much. Mainly, because in that respect I’m somewhat of a cheapskate. To me, you pay a lot for not a lot. Or, if you get a lot, the quality is poor. As far as the snow: my feeling is “I’ll believe it when it’s on the ground”. Love the pic of the red bird against the snow

ladycop – fantastic loss. You CAN do it

Heather – yea for you getting your taxes submitted!!!!

Allie – we like the distilled water that you get at Dollar General. Just a nice bottle.,

Today and even last night, I’ve had some terrible cramps in my stomach. They come and go. Hopefully, the “go” periods will be longer and longer

Jess just called to say that she was bringing Shadow here. Personally, I would rather have just met her somewhere, gotten Shadow and be done with it.

Michele NC
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lisa.
  • B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 handy men leave. This was my first time working with them and they were excellent. I had purchased 2 inexpensive rugs off of Wayfair and a new tv stand off of Amazon. They helped put new bed supports on my bed frame and lay the rugs and finished putting together the tv stand. So 3 rooms have a different look and feel to them now. Having this done, decluttering and getting a new vehicle have me feeling a little anxious. I think I was set in my ways and not use to so much change. I think I will pause a little now and rest. My budget says it is time to rest!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Hi Rosemarie,
    Sounds like your redecorating of your house went well! I also made changes recently to the den of our home, along the same lines, lighter and brighter colors. It feels more cheerful.
  • B23_Kate
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Returned to work today.
    1st day of work in 24 days.
    Brain shut down at 4 pm. All of a sudden my 3 computer screens contained meaningless scribbles.
    I packed up and headed home.
    Napping on sofa at home at 5:30 pm.
    I was only going to nap for about 20-25 minutes but ended up asleep for an hour.
    Going to bed early to give tomorrow another go.

I might work from home starting partway through the day tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

Machka in Oz

Machka,
    Easing back to work after having had COVID is a great idea! It will give your body and your mind more time to recover and adjust to a more rigorous schedule.
    Kate
  • B23_Kate
    Options
    Woo! Hola from the winter wonderland of Arkansas... :smile:

Corey just called for his good morning call. It was a relief to hear his voice. On days like this, I'm glad the company he works for supplies him with a big 4-wheel drive truck! It looks slicker than owl poo out there, but he assured me that, with no higher temps to thaw the snow and then re-freeze after, the roads stay reasonably dry. Marrying an Alaskan comes with some unexpected knowledge nuggets!
    i7ew1wwuehrt.png
    k66aucqyb39v.png

You can see in the background the snow piled up on the rocks around Corey's garden. The temperatures are hovering around zero degrees (about -18C), most unusual for this part of the country. Probably doesn't sound like much to KJ in MI, or Beth in Buffalo and Joy and Tracey in Canada, but here, it's freezing our little bohonkuses off... :smiley:

No real plans for today except to set my meds up for the week. Laundry, etc., already caught up. Just have to make the bed and get the dishes put away. Then I get to play, unless I can convince myself to vacuum or deep clean the bathroom. The chances of either of those are... slim. 🤪👀🙄😀

Hope it is/was a good day for all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa, we have a lot of snow here in Tennesee as well. love the picture with the cardinals on the snow!
    Kate
  • B23_Kate
    Options
    Love your chart, Rita.! That looks like a fun project. <3

Well folks....drum roll.... I DID get my taxes done and submitted online! :D:D:D
    What a relief!
    Of course, it tried to tell me I didn't need to submit them, and, when I said I wanted to, it asked me lots of reasons why. At the bottom it said, 'None of the above', so I ticked that. For me it's a way of keeping my hand in. I've been using the same accounts book since 1990, so that bit is sorted, and I am always hopeful that I will start to earn some money, sometime. :p I used to earn more from my writing, and I had a rental property once, so I am in the groove.
    I absolutely hate forms, and figures, so it's a struggle with procrastination every year. This tax year I missed the deadline for my usual paper return in October, so I had to register for the online in January.
    Anyway, it's done, for another year.

My legs are really uncomfortable, even painful, today. No idea why. They are not usually bad in the day. I went out to the very local supermarket, and it was a struggle. My wrist hurts too. It will pass, I know.

John took the car out to recharge the battery. He decided to go up to Devil's Dy ke, as it was a lovely sunny day. He had a walk in the cold up there. We are hovering around freezing here.
    7lmnvm6rypaz.jpg

Turkey risotto for dinner, using up the stuff frozen since Christmas.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, I admire you for having the ability and the confidence to do your own taxes! It is something I always need professional help with! Hope your legs will feel better soon!
    Kate
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Our next door neighbour has a leak in her downpipe from her bath. It pours out, down our front path and hers. Soapy water everywhere. A slip hazard if it freezes, let alone the damp. She had it mended by a cowboy a couple of years ago, but he hasn't come back to repair it in a hurry! Personally., I think the pipe is blocked. So did my boiler plumber.
    Today I was outside saving our parking space when it started pouring, gushing, out from the joint and a tidal wave of soapy water descended our path and hers.
    When John rang the doorbell, it was answered by one of her teenage grandsons. He was a bit gormless, and said she would be back later. Her daughter sometimes lives in the shed in the garden and the boys are home schooled, so often around. Pretty chaotic, but I don't think the neighbour is short of money. If anything, she is just too nice.
    I get John to do these negotiations because I am inclined to lose my temper. I was quite angry seeing all of this dangerous water floating down our path. I suspect the boys had been having a sneaky bath while she was out.

We will see what happens. :#

Gave in and took Ibuprofen. Worked wonders, but I don't like taking it.

My son's underfloor heating has given up and the installer is on holiday, skiing. If it's not mended by tomorrow, we will have to bring Bea back here, like we used to. That means I won't be going, just John. It's a long walk. I will stay at home and prepare her dinner. :p She actually loves coming here,, but complains about the walk. Her favourite occupation is to lie on the sofa, deliberately taking up John's space, instruct him to get her his cuddly blanket, and then wear it as a tent, while playing with my tablet. Attagurl! <3 She will go far.

I will take myself upstairs at 8 to watch Michael Moseley while John is watching his quizzes, and then come down to watch our recording of the latest Vera. I usually record the channels with adverts. The BBC doesn't have adverts.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Fridges. Like DrKatie, I hate having stuff on the fridge. It just looks so untidy and cluttered to me. My DDIL has some schedules on the fridge in their smart new kitchen, and I don't like it. I prefer a dedicated cork board , or a file. My important info is mostly on my phone, including tax stuff. . We do have one ceramic, retractable knife, for undoing Amazon boxes, on the side, but you can't see it, as it faces the wall. By the way, I love this knife, from Amazon.
    I like a very uncluttered visual look. Sometimes the interiors of things are a jumble, but they are shut away. I am a Ladybug, according to Cass of Clutterbug. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)