WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Today is Nothing Day, sounds good to me! Appreciate dragons day, I love dragon movies. All you book publishers out there, it is your day today!

czgoo4z6ydbm.jpeg
    kble6xekssw2.jpeg
    uvv7tbqn9707.jpeg

RVRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Ginny – the heated jacket, does it have a rechargeable battery?

Tracey – the only reason we have the original Google Nest is because Vince won it. Once he had it, he HAD to upgrade. I couldn’t have cared either way

Annie – awesome that you found the will

Hello Mary! What exactly is a maritimer?

Beth – I’ll be thinking of you and yours. Stay safe

Poor Miles! Glad the surgery went well. I didn’t realize it was a “same day” surgery.

Heather – poor Bea. Hope her ankle heals fast.

It feels like I have a a callous on the bottom of my foot. I’m not sure what to do about it. May call the doc and see what needs to be done.

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s gratitude: freezer and panty full of food, hot tub.
    Spectrum internet down last night. Could get to mfp calorie counter with cellular connection, but not to “Community” “unable to connect to server” so went back to bed ;} Now exercise diary doesn’t show goal numbers, not a big deal, I know what they should be.
    Kylia please share pic of designer dress with pockets. :love:
    Lisa frozen orange slices, great idea! I’ll try it with my dark chocolate square to see if it slows me down to just one ;)
    Kay like the layers, so that’s why I can’t really clean? Too much stuff keeping space from functioning. Uh oh, now that I understand, no excuse for not decluttering at least just one thing. . .
    Rita :love: your 2024 goal sketch! Bright and happy!
    Ladycop bet you burned a bunch of calories raking up those pinecones ;)
    Heather well done on the taxes, you inspire me to at least begin . . . Neighbor’s pipe “mended by a cowboy”? Really sorry to hear about son’s underfloor heating.
    Kate that is a LOT of snow for TN.
    Hope well done finding the perfect workout, the one you will do ;)
    Vicki your grands are so blessed to have you and DH in this unsettled time.
    1/15: Move:ZERO sets PT, chair marching, line dance class, dogs to powerline. Steps:8144
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=36 CI<CO net=850 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Grocery Outlet, BiMart, vacuumed sofa, changed linens, dusted front of entertainment center, one load laundry, Wt:132.3
    Only through pd 37 but time to get up and move.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and minGG before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary and I am a maritimer living in Alberta. I am 62

Welcome!

Tracey (Snowflake1968) here is also a maritimer living in Alberta.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Rita,he had outpatient surgery at CCMC he had a testicle that hadn't desended.
    He took a late nap and is now awake but no worries mom has the rest of the week off.
    I'll be going to see him tomorrow
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Barbara – I freeze grapes and it’s almost like a “mini ice”. Never thought of orange slices, tho.

Have a loaf of sourdough in the oven. Made 2 mistakes, thought it needed to bake at 400 and it needs to bake at 450. So I might just add a little time. Also, I totally forgot to let it rise. Oh well, we’ll eat that loaf. Next one I’ll remember to let rise.

Poor Egg – that darn tail does get in the way sometimes

Lanette – you know, I’m wondering if the antibiotic is doing this to my tummy? It’s such a high dose (2/day 3x/day).

Just finished my walk around the neighborhood. I’ve been wearing a scarf over my ears. Vince says I look like a grandmother. Well, I AM a grandmother! But in reality, it does make me look somewhat frumpy. But I’m not about to spend money on something to cover my ears when this will do

Have an appt with the orthopedist tomorrow about what feels like a callous on the bottom of my foot. I don't see the typical black dot so I'm pretty sure it's not a plantar wart. Not sure what to do, tho

Well, I found out what happens to sourdough when you don’t let it rise. It’s so dense it’s ridiculous. Right now I’m letting another loaf rise

Went to ceramics then to see a friend of mine, didn’t stay long, then to Publix to get a free gallon of ice cream. It’s usually $6. Glad I got it for free otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka - I understand the fear of electric heaters, they are safer than older ones, but I still wouldn’t use one if I wasn’t watching it closely.
    We live in a 1972 mobile home. The walls except in the living room and one wall in our bedroom have all been changed to drywall instead of the panelling so that has made a difference. I was shocked and so extremely grateful that none of our pipes froze over the weekend. We didn’t leave the water on constantly, but ran it frequently. I also ran the dishwasher and did laundry to help.
    New mobile homes are much better built I believe.

I just cranked our thermostat up to 30, I am hoping a couple hours of that will get rid of the cold that seems to be lingering inside. It has warmed up to -14 outside so hopefully this will give the boost we need in here. If that fails, I may use an electric heater for a little bit I prefer not to.

Terri - Will the sleet freeze and make the roads icy?

Heather - what a wonderful idea to have the bag dropped off. I bet that a lot of people appreciate it and since they don’t have to actually deliver it they get more donations.
    I fix the electronic things around here too.
    What a shame your son and DIL are having issues with their newly renovated things.

Annie - Great news on the safe.

Allie - surgery, no matter how minor is nerve wracking, I’m sure he is out and safely tucked in at home now.

Mary - Welcome. Which maritime province are you from, I’m from NB living in AB. I’ve been here since Dec 28, 1997.

Lisa - I couldn’t even pretend to like bringing wood into the house anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the heat from a wood stove, I just don’t want to have to deal with all of the mess and work of it.
    Egg sure has a personality.

Beth - that is a crazy amount of snow!

Michele - I have found the Nest to be particularly useful with the smart switches. I have a plug in light fixture that it makes so much easier to turn on/off.
    I would get that callous checked fast, that is what I thought my Plantar Fasciitis was and let it go. Now I’m suffering terribly.

I think it was you that asked:
    The Maritimes in Canada consist of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. The Atlantic Provinces are these three plus Newfoundland and Labrador.

Vicki - I hope your day got better. It sounds like a nice lunch with your Grands.

Lanette - it’s not as cold today, only -14. It’s supposed to be +2 next weekend. It’s a very weird Winter.

Kay - I think a roast in the crockpot sounds delicious. Maybe that will be tomorrow’s supper.

I think that the massage helped something in my foot. It wasn’t as painful today as it has been. I’m still taking it fairly easy though. Although I did have to run to Costco tonight. I have been there twice this week already on Saturday for myself and I stopped to grab bins for my friend on the way to her house yesterday. Both time I looked at Coffe and envisioned a new can in my cupboard so passed it by. Today when the coffee jar was empty and I went to refill it I realized it was a massive jar of Ragu sauce I was envisioning. I can’t not have coffee in the house. Since I was there I grabbed a set of the bins I picked up for my friend yesterday and am hoping to spend some time tomorrow organizing the craft room a bit better. I can do most of it sitting.

I am really enjoying the new session we are taking. Technology has and continues to make such a difference in people’s lives. We often think of the negative effects it has and not the positive. We are learning about the different Assistive Devices there are tat allows non verbal students to communicate. Think Stephen Hawking.

Well it is now almost my bedtime so I should take my pills and head to bed.

My daughter’s fund is just over $5k now. Her friend that started it is going to be putting a post up that her and her husband will match all donations for the next week up to $2000. She then says “make us pay”. She hasn’t posted it officially yet, but what an incredibly sweet, genuine gesture. I cried. Of course.

Tracey in Edmonton, enjoying a balmy -17 this evening.

Oh funny story, one of my friends here downloaded the WTForecast app. When we were at -40 range her app was pretty accurate, but then it wasn’t. She had sent me a text about this on Sunday evening. She checked her settings and it all seemed to be correct. Today she again said, this isn’t right it says it’s supposed to be +4 the next couple of days. A while later she texted and told me she had it in Fahrenheit. At our -40 temps the numbers are equivalent. 😂
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3