Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    a9vpmwlvb86m.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my friends, from the 40-degree warmer climes of Arkansas, which STILL aren't above freezing, however,

I slept like a baby last night, only one short trip to the littlest room in the house, and 8-1/2 hours of sleep! I'm so pleased to sleep well and fascinated that I'm sleeping through noises and such things now, which I never could before. That includes the clanks and slides and bumps of Corey coming in to get dressed, and the gate alarm as he leaves. They don't bother me in the slightest most mornings!

Heather - This disease has changed that part of our lives, as well, and led me to request a "full-body hug" on occasion. It's harder to ask than I would have thought, but terribly necessary for my peace of mind. I hope it helps him, too, but speaking on feelings isn't Cor's forte. When I asked him how he was doing with the absence of intimacy, his answer was "About as good as you are." You're so right to request it, though, as touch starvation is very real. Here's a link to an article on it from Medical News Today. There are remedies in that article for those who don't have someone in their lives for affective touch, and one of them is exercise. I like the painting, it's got depth and movement that's quite intriguing. I'm thinking seriously about starting to play with mixed media, as well, don't know why it's hard to start that thought process, but it is, so I'm letting it marinate as necessary. :smiley:

Margaret - You stay in my heart. There are still hard feelings in my family from who got what after my mother's funeral, and that was 25 years ago now...

Annie - You sound quite a bit more peaceful. How's your dad doing with all the changes?

Machka - Still love your dry stream, even if it's a bit chaotic at the moment. Love the "stop shoulding," poster, too. Might steal that and send it to my daughter.

Putting my hand up for the person who drinks a lot of tea, all year round. I have a hard time with plain water though, and really enjoyed the one stretch where I could drink it at will. That passed again, unfortunately, so iced tea all day long again.

I think I'm going to run down to Walmart this morning - I have a bunch of light bulbs that weren't what I was looking for that I need to return (one of the hazards of ordering online) and then I'll pick up some fresh hamburger at Aldi on the way back. Corey wants burgers tonight, and it sounded good to me. One other stop, most likely, and then back home before lunchtime...

Hope it is or was a good day for all,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: Beach stroll date with T later.
    Lisa Gorgeous afghan your DD will love it. Glad to hear the VA is trying and sometimes succeeding to make it better.
    Barbie the Sasha story made me smile. Can’t keep a good girl down… what boundless energy she had. :heart:
    Michele glad to hear the new antibiotic is helping. Wish the DDS could fit the crown now so that when you return, assuming all’s well, the crown could be placed, but alas that’s probably not how it works.
    Tracey “practicum orientation tomorrow” Wow that’s coming up so soon. You’re really rocking this. So proud of you!
    Rori I remember when living in Idaho 40F DID feel like a day at the beach :laugh: Now we shiver and complain when the temp dips below 50F :naughty: Safe travels!
    Heather Bravissima!
    Ginny ((hugs)) tight tendons seem to be causing/contributing to my shoulder problem too. Ah, the joys of ageing.
    Machka the Stop Shoulding Yourself was most apt. Thanks!
    Lanette thanks for the Bob and Brad reminder, will look at their rotator cuff stretches today! Glad to hear you’ll get out of the house today and talk to people in line. We need fact to face conversation.
    Annie, forgive me but I hope the weather extends your sister’s stay. So glad she’s been there to support you and help with your dad. One foot in front of the other.
    Margaret well done channeling that excess energy, securing your treasures and mentally setting your boundaries. Your strength is inspiring.
    Whoops the tummy time alarms are squeaking. Time to feed the pooches.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Alright Lisa and Heather - A few weeks ago I bought some and googled how to cook it and ended up with fried salty dish sponge! I just figured it was a heather thing, she is a more adventurous eater than I am BUT Lisa is not usually our adventurous eater! Did I just get some weird bad piece?

Kim
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Alright Lisa and Heather - A few weeks ago I bought some and googled how to cook it and ended up with fried salty dish sponge! I just figured it was a heather thing, she is a more adventurous eater than I am BUT Lisa is not usually our adventurous eater! Did I just get some weird bad piece?

Kim
    Hah! No, am not the most adventurous one... but the "halloumi-style" I bought at Aldi was cut into pieces about the size of french fries, so maybe smaller pieces are the answer?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,361 Member
    Options
    After work went to WalMart. Made a loaf of sourdough. I like the way the loaf looks when it’s risen in the pan, the top is so much smoother. I have another loaf that I’m letting rise in the pan before I bake it

Ginny – I need to look up and see if using a foam roller would help the calf. I would think so. What modification did you get?

Lanette – at work today I did the stretch you described, one foot behind the other. I can do this while I’m standing at the sink doing the prep.

Heather – I think that’s one of the best pictures you’ve ever done.

Margaret – sounds like you’ve got things really under control for the funeral. Great!

Barbara – I COULD have he dentist make the crown so it’s ready to put on when I get back. The thing is that the doc who did the root canal puts this “cap” on the tooth and my dentist files it down, then makes the temporary crown while he orders the permanent one. I would hate to have the temporary fall off while in FL, I wouldn’t know a dentist that I’d trust down there. And I’ve had temporaries fall off. So I’m just going to wait. I was told that the “cap” could be good for 2 to 3 months so I think I’ll be OK with just that. I probably will just have to chew on the one side of my mouth, but that’s OK

Off to walk to Food Lion since Vince needs bananas and they have grapes on sale. Admitted, they’re cheaper (not by much) when Aldi has them on sale, but Food Lion’s are quite good.

Soup kitchen tomorrow then we prebowl.

Michele NC