WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Rori-I’m on your route. I sent you a friend request so we can possibly meet up.

Debbi-I’ve tried lemon, lime and other enhancers to the water. It’s still water. Even tea can’t fool my brain. :)

I love the sponginess of the halloumi.

I made a fab butter chicken tonight for the mister to take to the desert with him this weekend. I don’t see the need for the heavy cream, so I left it out and I don’t miss it at all. The house smells wonderful!

Sleep well or good morning!

Tina in CA
    Have you tried using seltzer/SodaStream with the fruit. I drink a lot of that during the summer.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Vicki Wow glad you made it home safe! Such weather everywhere!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »

Now for why I'm up so late/early; I have insomnia and, by extension, NES (Nighttime Eating Syndrome). Yesterday was a difficult day. I just couldn't get it together. Writing this helps; It keeps me occupied with something other than food. Actually, though, my real problem is that I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. My food numbers would come in reasonable if I could kick the soda, but it's so hard.

Well, If there is anyone up, drop me a note. I'll be here for a while.

Michelle in NV

just a suggestion- Get a SodaStream or buy seltzer and the Dr.Pepper syrup. You can control how much of the syrup you put in- slowly cut back on how much you add to each drink. Soon you may be able to just have a splash of it in your seltzer and still enjoy it.
    My dh loves sodas but having the syrups lets him make it just the way he likes it

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Wow, Vicki, that was some journey. Must have been terrifying. Glad you got home safe and sound.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Vicki-Glad you made it back safely!

Debbie-I actually was just thinking about a soda stream. I'll look into it.

Tina in CA where it's really warm today (75F/23.9C). The storms come this weekend.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Vicki that happened to Tom and I when we were driving back from Florida.. and we were towing a car.By the time we pulled in our driveway it was a foot high and of course we had to get the dogs inside and out and shovel a path out the back for them. I was white knuckling it all the way from New Jersey.
    Waiting to hear from Tracy how Miles is..poor little guy slept alot today..
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Vicki-Glad you made it back safely!

Debbie-I actually was just thinking about a soda stream. I'll look into it.

Tina in CA where it's really warm today (75F/23.9C). The storms come this weekend.

We all love ours. Son likes adding juice-his favorite is cranberry juice. He likes it half and half.
    If I add anything to mine, usually don't, it is just a splash.
    Dh will drink it just plain over ice or half and half with juice(his favorite is grapefruit) but does like the syrups.

Suggestion- start looking at the thrift stores for the machines. We have bought a few, some even have the carbonater in the box, sealed brand new. You can get refills at Target or online- there is a new company that is cheaper than SodaStream but you can get from them too.
    Our first one was from Freecycle and it was one of the best things we have received over the years
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Vicki that happened to Tom and I when we were driving back from Florida.. and we were towing a car.By the time we pulled in our driveway it was a foot high and of course we had to get the dogs inside and out and shovel a path out the back for them. I was white knuckling it all the way from New Jersey.
    Waiting to hear from Tracy how Miles is..poor little guy slept alot today..

My Tom and I got stuck coming back from Reno, seeing his parents a few times. The worst was the one that took us 12 hrs to get home on what should have been 5-6 hrs. We were driving our little Toyota Corrolla .
    I used to drive that by myself. Only scary part was being between two big semi's. Wasn't as bad when we got the Blazer. It was the small ones(this was back in '84) but that was bigger than the Toyota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked then the soup kitchen. We were going to prebowl for when we go to FL, but there were so many school buses there that there weren’t any lanes available so we left. Then went to pick up Loki’s prescription and stopped at the place where they modified the insert, only they close at 1 on Fridays and I got there at 1:30. Then went to the Salvation Army.

It’s so so windy, when I came out of the soup kitchen the wind almost blew me over. Didn't take my walk. Realized that my friend's (the one in Switzerland) is next Friday so I really want to get the prayer blanket done and sent to her, at least so that she has something to open when she gets out of surgery.

Sliced up the last loaf of sourdough. I’m not going to make any more right now

Michelle – welcome!

Annie – I hope your sister gets stuck at your place if she has to get stuck anywhere

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “Give things a go ... if you don't like them, no worries, you don't have to continue. But if you discover you do like them ... fantastic!” Brava! You give me food for thought. Really lgreat insights on the “too hard basket” (that would be deep cleaning the house so I could tackle some improvements, paint, getting pictures up on the walls, rearrange living room furniture, et cetera et cetera et cetera). Likewise your “to help others” sounds kind, gentle and helpful, if only I can keep the judgemental tone out of my voice. How dast I judge others when I can not keep my own standards. SMH.

Barbara

Being the sounding board is one where we might not even need to say anything!

This happens all the time at work ...

We go to our "sounding board" person and ask if that person might be able to help us.
    We explain the problem including the whole "on the one hand, I could do this, but on the other hand ... " and we include the "one thing I want to avoid is ... " and so on.

So far the "sounding board" person hasn't said much of anything except maybe murmurs of agreement or "OK, I get that".

We might give examples of things that have been tried on this, or in the past.

And then, all of a sudden it all comes clear! Oh! We could do this!

We thank the "sounding board" person for their help ... and the "sounding board" person murmurs, "Glad I could be of assistance", even though they haven't actually said anything. We all have a little laugh and go on our way.

Just simply talking it out to someone can be hugely beneficial. It can help us come up with the first steps, or maybe even the whole plan.

I actually did that with my husband last night. I was struggling with how to do something with my work project and talked to him about it over dinner. At one point he apologised because he didn't know what I was talking about, so he couldn't offer advice. That's OK ... no worries. He didn't need to know what I was talking about. By the end of dinner, I had sorted it out in my mind.

And people at work use me as their "sounding board" from time to time too. :)

Machka in Oz
    PS. Not sure if "sounding board" is the right term, but you get what I mean. :)

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3