Options
    Just chilling tonight.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Ladies - Sorry, I'm slow in reading and responding, I am skimming through lots of great posts from you all today. Hope to catch up later today and/or tomorrow!

This is a reminder about the weekly check-in, please get info to me today or tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is having a good morning/afternoon/evening. Sending hugs and good thoughts. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    Ladies-

Is there a way to search for posts from one of us rather than have to scroll back pages and scan through everyone's?

For example, if I want to see just Debbie's or Lisa's posts for the past 2 weeks, is that possible? I thought there was but can't figure it out.

Thanks ;)

Lanette B)

Try the Search feature or Google ... all our posts come up in Google.

Search feature ... click Motivation and Support at the top so that you are out of this thread and into the subforum.

Type something in the search box ... doesn't matter what.

When the results open you can refine the search.

Type the title of this thread to narrow the search.

Type the author ... the user name.

Choose a date range.

Clear out whatever you typed to get into the search area.

Search!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    On Weights ... I have a basket of fairly light weights beside my chair. That way, I can just reach down, grab one and do a few reps now and then.

I have been doing more since we started fencing because holding the sword out in front of me gets tiring.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Michele yes I left my dad alone. I'm still okay with that. For awhile yet.

I had a deep nap and now I can't wake up!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    On travel: My reluctance isn't just my health, I must admit. I've done so much of it in my life... Before I was six, we migrated back and forth between Texas and Montana for my father's work. I left home at barely 17, traveled with a carnival all over the desert southwest and then enlisted in the Air Force at 19. Married into the military at 20, then lived four or five more places after he retired. When I left him, I was working as a flight attendant based out of St. Louis, flying all over the Midwest, and the East Coast as far north as Maine, and as far south as South Carolina, west as far as Denver. Corey and I met and married in West Texas. As an adult, I've lived in the United Kingdom twice, and Texas four times, New Mexico, Montana, Nevada, Colorado twice, Oregon, Illinois, North Carolina and now Arkansas. Most of my jobs besides the flight attendant one required extensive travel as well.

I may have traveled enough.

Up much later than usual, dinner did not sit well at all, but my night-time meds are staying down, so hopefully I can go lay down soon. A cup of tea can be a lifesaver on occasion. 🐈‍⬛Egg just walked over the remote and turned off the Great British Baking Show that I was watching for the second time. Think she's trying to tell me something? 👀😹

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My father loved to travel, first in the Coast Guard, then on family road trips, and later on cruises and adventures with my mother. One day he just decided that he'd had enough. That surprised me. Jake's mother loved to travel after she was widowed in her 40's and I remember when she announced in her 80's that she'd had enough and would be staying home. Now I'm at that point. I traveled for decades beginning as a child in the back seat and later on cruises and my own road trips, but when I decided I'd had enough, it was very simple. Maybe if something "beamed me up" and I could land in a fully furnished house in Shetland, I might enjoy it, but the idea of packing and planning followed by hours or days of uncertain rest room stops is not appealing. I am delighted to remain in my current home and walk in my neighborhood.

:) I was in college in a small town in Minnesota in the early 80's. I lived on campus in dorms with dress code (dresses required for dinner and to go to town) and curfew. Things have changed a lot since then. When I bought my first house it had been only recently decided that lenders couldn't ask women if they planned to get pregnant soon as a basis for approving or denying a loan.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    a lot of my big travel in my younger years was because of the Coast Guard. Former hubby was in when we got married. He was stationed in Mobile at the time. He went to school in Virginia so I flew back to see him(woops, was too much of a distraction and he failed the class and got sent home)then he was stationed on a cutter out of Alameda that went to AK for two months and home two months-did that for 2 yrs. I flew up to AK one tour. He was on the Sherman.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    dh is home so no more quiet time. He is all hyped up about selling out on his Godzillas- sold $900 of stuff. I am sure he was really pushing his stuff and not even having all of the stuff out, at least the first day, I know for sure he did. Only reason he put more out is because he sold his stuff.
    He is hyped which means he is talking LOUDLY, non stop, about how all the Godzillas sold, how he could have sold so much more,etc- I had an instant headache as soon as he started.
    I am looking forward to the next show in two weeks where I get another weekend for myself.

Got a bit more than half the roses and all the raspberries in the front pruned. Should have done more but I can do them tomorrow.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA