LeanStrongSexy's 'NO MORE NEWSFEED' BLOG

Options
So since MFP no longer has a newsfeed, which I used like a personal blog and MFP only has this Discussion area or groups, I decided to start a personal Blog. Someplace I can come a record my thoughts and news of my journey. I don't know if this is allowed here but I don't care since I no longer have my newsfeed I am using it. Let's see how this goes. I hope the category of 'motivation and support' is OK.

Replies

• leanstrongsexy
    leanstrongsexy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The Beginning - June 9th, 2024

I'm from Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Since I only figured out today what happened to the newsfeed, which I hate that it ended, I am looking to keep myself motivated by using this discussion area as a personal blog. I have set my mind to this being the year for me to lose the weight finally. My birthday was a week ago today. I turned 59. I have been trying, not very hard, to lose this weight for 31 years. I would have a good week maybe a month and then fall into bad habits again. I decided on my birthday that I am determined to do this right before I turn 60. I figured if I lose a pound a week I could get to my goal weight easily. So in the first week I have lost 2 pounds. When I weighed in last week I was 239 today I was 237. The hardest part for me is to try to weigh myself once a week instead of every day. Sunday's will be my weigh in days.

I eat according to my blood type O in a keto way. For the most part Blood type O is more carnivore/keto than any other blood type. I try to stick to Beneficial foods. The Neutral foods I eat the most of is eggs and chicken. I had a knee injury in 2019 and it took a while to heal because I was not a candidate for surgery. This is the first year where walking most days doesn't hurt. I just need to starting walking more often.

I'm not sure how often I'll blog here but I will try to check in once a week on weigh in days or when I need to vent.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    lbd4diyjs62a.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    edited June 17
    Options
    I took a break from my Fitbit for a week. It’s just put it back on now 8:30 pm est. It will not have recorded too many steps but it will record tonight sleep.

Today’s food

I had steak for brunch & supper.

2hrmqyc3b6i9.jpeg
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Well done, YOU! I believe having a plan is key. It took me decades to reach my goal, but I did it. At one point I weighed 183. My current weight is 122. I credit MFP for my success. I joined WW and tried other diets and lost weight, but never made it to goal until I found MFP. My Pals encouraged me I know that's what made the difference.

I really miss the Feed. I understand that it was "old and buggy", but why not create a new one? Oh well, I'm sure they noticed the exodus to other sites like Lose It.

Wishing you continued success...
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    Thank you AnnofB for those aspiring words. I haven’t used MFP to its fullest even though I have been a member for 3598 days. I’m hoping that my dedication now will help me get to my goal weight or close to before I’m 60.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    Well I weighed myself this morning. I was down 2 pounds from Sunday. I know that is just water weight though but it made me smile.

Today I was busy from the time I got up until I put supper on. I baked chicken wings. Drumettes and winglets. I ate all the winglets. Tomorrow I’ll eat the drumettes. I’m not sure if I found the right food on MFP to get the right calories. There are so many to choose from. I didn’t weigh them I just counted the winglets. So I say I ate the entire calories for the day and leave it at that. It was probably more though. I also spice my wings before baking and I have no clue if the spices have calories or carbs. It’s a homemade spice combination. They were really good though and filling.

The busyness kept me walking though and as I wrote this I have managed 5300 steps+. Who knows what I will end the day with.

c9nkoi0u6lv5.jpeg
  • leanstrongsexy
    edited June 18
    Options
    vn2nhptvg1d5.jpg
    d8qd2ipvhnzi.jpg
    ejyfo2h0auh0.png

• leanstrongsexy
    edited June 18
    Options
    Your best weight is whatever weight you reach when you're living the healthiest life that you actually enjoy

• leanstrongsexy
    Options
    pmf48b0btqck.jpeg
    s81qlq9mb5qv.jpeg
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I miss the Feed too. It was a personal way to keep in touch with those on the Ffriends List with like-minded lifestyles and goals.

Now it feels like Friends LOST.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    allaboutthecake exactly. It’s like grieving for your friends. They’re just gone. All those years you would check in everyday to see what your friends were up to and to see how they were doing. If someone needed a boost or encouragement we were there for them.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    I miss the newsfeed also. I love MFP though , I started in 2010, it’s the only program I have found where I lost weight and kept it off, so I don’t really want to switch. I lost 135 lbs, it took me almost 3 yrs but I did it and until this last yr kept it off. This last yr I gained 14 lbs, my husband went through cancer treatment and I found myself not exercising and stress eating. I have since started being serious about my health again and have got it off. I am back down to my goal weight……..by the way I am 61….

Breaking it down into 10 lb increments is smart. That is what really helped me. This time I didn’t have an end goal and I didn’t have a time limit. I just concentrated on 10 lbs at a time. 100+ lbs is overwhelming……also I started with just walking 10 mins a day and kept increasing every week or so to do more. Eventually I added in other exercises and then weights.

You Got This. Just break it all down into doable steps so you r reaching your goals instead of getting discouraged…….
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    themommie. I want to thank you for those encouraging words. What I am finding most interesting so far about this ‘blog’ I started here, is how encouraging the interactions have been. On my newsfeed I didn’t get this much engagement. Although I will admit I wasn’t all that active on the newsfeed with my participation. This blog is the most I have been active in communicating with my plans.

It’s also the first time I have ever written down my plans or goals in the sense others can see them. I have tried keeping a blog on blogpost and was not this active there either.

You all who have commented on here have been very encouraging.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Sometimes changing up just one thing makes the difference. 👍

• leanstrongsexy
    edited June 18
    Options
    When I got up I weighed in and was down another pound. I found 2 new weight tracking apps for me. I downloaded 6 and tested them all to see which one I wanted to keep. Each of these apps I kept have a way about them that I like. Unfortunately I couldn’t find everything I wanted in one app. The first app is your weight and I’m keeping it because I love the graphics this app uses. The second app is Better Weight and I like the that it shows my weigh in, my start weight, my goal weight which I can change for each of my Goal Weights and they have these check point that can be changed from 1 to 11 check ins and as I get close to each goal weight the check points fill in. I hope that makes sense to you all.

I’m still using my MFP but it is connected to my Fitbit app. On June 1st I weighed in at 229. That is recorded on my Fitbit app and MFP. Then I started celebrating my birthday with not good foods. I kept eating bad foods until my actual birthday. On my birthday I weighed in and used it as my start date when I had my lightbulb 💡 moment about turning 60 next year. Once I have weighed in at 228 I’ll start recording my weight in all my apps.

8a08q6dh0q2a.jpeg
    xmt283rtdo99.jpeg
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    So I went shopping this morning. I didn’t buy any bad foods. I did buy a lot of frozen pre-made meals for those days I don’t feel like cooking. Last night for supper I cooks chicken wings. Yesterday for my 1 meal of the day I ate the chicken winglets. I save the drumettes and ate them for lunch and supper today.

I must say with all the walking I did while shopping and this crazy weather, it’s raining all around me but not actually at my house, my knee is really acting up and hurts.

xzpdrts5k9j7.jpeg
  • endurovet
    endurovet Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I came over to “surf the boards” - to either find a compatible group I could post in, or invite new members to my “Depression Group from SP”. It’s dwindled down to just 2 of us which is kind of lonely!
    I’m 60, living without a thyroid for 35 yrs, fighting my weight for all of my adult life. Now dealing w/long Covid & old injuries so I’m completely deconditioned. I know exercise is vital, but diet is the key - yet my fundamental instinct is to reward myself with this, that, or the other food item.

Val
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    endurovet,

I have had a low thyroid for all of my adulthood. I still have mine and take medicine to keep it in a healthy balance but I get what you are saying about wanting to reward good behaviour with bad food.

Have you tried non-food rewards. For every workout you do treat yourself to a non food reward? I’m making a list of these types of items to use for myself too.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    tg2x1astgcex.jpeg

I made it to 10000 steps before going to bed. That for me is amazing especially since SW ON as many places are in the middle of a heat wave. Even my dogs are hanging inside the air conditioned house.

Weigh in this morning was 234 LBs this morning. So all the water weight is gone and now it up to me to work hard to get the weight off.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Options
    viduuiquhhdr.jpeg
    wzms9e6llfuy.jpeg

I had a very good day today. I ate well and got my 10,000 steps in and did that by dancing for 30 minutes along with walking around doing daily stuff.

Weigh in was the same as yesterday.