Countdown to 2025! (2nd half of the year)

Walela617
Walela617 Posts: 542 Member
edited June 30 in Challenges
Hi everyone! Can you believe we're in the second half of the year? I welcome anyone who would like to make a fresh start so we can enter the new year with improved health and fitness. Beginning Monday, July 1st, 2024, please feel free to jump right in wherever you are on your journey and share. This is a non-competitive, judgment-free forum for mutual encouragement and support.

I will post my scale app stats beginning tomorrow, July 1st and will update every Sunday thereafter. I will post my end of the year stats with six-month progress on New Year's Eve, Tuesday, December 31st.

Best wishes for a great summer and here's looking forward to next year!

💞 Carole

Replies

• lvsherri13
    lvsherri13 Posts: 2 Member
    I'd like to join you! I've been trying to do this myself for a long time, and maybe some company is just what I need for this journey1 I will post my scale results tomorrow and get started. Best luck and renewed health to all!! :)
  • Walela617
    edited July 2
    Welcome everyone!

I'm so glad you've chosen to share this journey towards the new year! I will be copying and posting my postings from other boards to save time, but modifying to suit each. Like many, I have closed and reopened my MFP account more than once, but I remember my all-time highest weight.

HIGHEST WEIGHT AND DATE: 217.0 lbs. on 2/29/2008
    MY CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE: 157.0
    MY WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 17-25 lbs. (WT: 132-140 lbs. by 12/31/2024
    JUL 01: 157.0
    b06h1ct5i2g1.png
    I will post each week's Sunday weigh-in (with new stats) on the following day, until the final weigh in for the challenge, Tuesday, 12/31/2024.

Today's steps: 11,684 (6.12 miles). My commute pace (to and from work) averages >4mph.

Have a great evening,
    💗 Carole
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,872 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 64 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.
    I will be weighing on the 1st and last day of each month as well as weekly on Tuesdays.

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM June 30th): 187.0
    CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 24 pounds to land at 164.0 That will work out to 4 lbs per month.

CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT: xxxxx
    TOTAL LOST IN THIS CHALLENGE:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight: 186.6)- I hope to type my weight in pink A LOT more often this month! Good luck to you all during July. Lets be Unstoppable!

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight: 186.3)- Yesterday was a good day and it reflects on the scale this morning. Sometimes it doesn’t show up right away, even with the best efforts so I was grateful to see a better number. Last night the food monster named Mr. Chocolate came out in full force. This time I won. I told myself quite clearly and TRUTHFULLY that another square of my 70% dark cocao chocolate was not going to satisfy me. I would just want more, and then more and then more, more, more, more, more, more. All another square (or two or four) would do is stop me from making any progress this morning on the scale. What it would NOT do is scratch my itch as the cravings NEVER EVER end. I mean, even when I’m over-full I just want more. After reasoning with myself, I skipped the chocolate. I don’t always win this battle but last night I did. Let’s hope for more nights like that. I want to type in pink way more often in July. My June during other MFP challenges was mainly black and blue and I'm feeling very bruised over it.

07/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

July Start: 187.0
    July Goal: 183.0 (4 pound loss)
    July Actual:
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx

Challenge Weeks to come

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change

08/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

08/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

08/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

08/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

08/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

08/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Aug Start: xxxxx
    Aug Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss): xxxxx
    Aug Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change

09/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

09/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Sept Start: xxxxx
    Sept Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Sept Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:

10/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Oct Start: xxxxx
    Oct Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Oct Actual: xxxxx

11/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Nov Start: xxxxx
    Nov Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Nov Actual: xxxxx

12/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Dec Start: xxxxx
    Dec Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Dec Actual: xxxxx

• Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi everyone! Can you believe we're in the second half of the year? I welcome anyone who would like to make a fresh start so we can enter the new year with improved health and fitness. Beginning Monday, July 1st, 2024, please feel free to jump right in wherever you are on your journey and share. This is a non-competitive, judgment-free forum for mutual encouragement and support.

I will post my scale app stats beginning tomorrow, July 1st and will update every Sunday thereafter. I will post my end of the year stats with six-month progress on New Year's Eve, Tuesday, December 31st.

Best wishes for a great summer and here's looking forward to next year!

Hello,
    Name is Karlo Garcia

I would like to join 😊
  • Karlo7428
    Stats

Weigh In Day:Wednesday

Starting weight:142.6kg
    Current weight:141.6kg
    Goal weight:121.6kg

July 3rd:141.6kg
    July 10th:
    July 17th:
    July 24th:
    July 31st:

August 7th:
    August 14:
    August 21st:
    August 28th:

September 4th:
    September 11th:
    September 18th:
    September 25th:
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited July 3
    What it would NOT do is scratch my itch as the cravings NEVER EVER end.
    @deepwoodslady That is a powerful insight, thank you for sharing. Interestingly, you chose the perfect description for what you experienced: scratching an itch really does just make it worse! As hard as it is to not scratch when we feel that itch, it really does make things easier in the long run. (Both with actual itch and with food cravings.)
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 896 Member
    @deepwoodslady

Last night the food monster named Mr. Chocolate came out in full force.

I hear ya. On Monday my family decided to have pizza for dinner and it was a challenge to say no but I did. I took a couple of heavenly whiffs and walked away.

As far as chocolate. I'm a big lover as well. Have you tried Trufru chocolate-covered fruit? It's in the frozen food section and pretty tasty and filling. I recommended the dark chocolate-covered blueberries, You get 10-12 a serving and they are only 90 calories. They do have a bit of fat though so I would say to stick to one serving, but all you really need is one serving because of the rich chocolate on them.

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited July 3
    @Walela617 Thanks for starting this challenge :) I like the long-term focus.

MFP Start: 270.9 lbs (June 27, 2023)
    Goal: 140 lbs (early 2025)

July 1: 186.2 lbs

No exceptions. No excuses. 🥑
    💝 Discipline is self-love. 💖
  • deepwoodslady
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady

Last night the food monster named Mr. Chocolate came out in full force.

I hear ya. On Monday my family decided to have pizza for dinner and it was a challenge to say no but I did. I took a couple of heavenly whiffs and walked away.

As far as chocolate. I'm a big lover as well. Have you tried Trufru chocolate-covered fruit? It's in the frozen food section and pretty tasty and filling. I recommended the dark chocolate-covered blueberries, You get 10-12 a serving and they are only 90 calories. They do have a bit of fat though so I would say to stick to one serving, but all you really need is one serving because of the rich chocolate on them.

@lisalisa123 No I have never tried Trufru. Never heard of it actually. I'm in a very tiny rural area (Amish mainly tho I'm not Amish) and we only have one local grocery store that probably don't carry it. However, I travel several times per month for medical appointments etc. and often hit Walmart, Meijers or Aldi's when out of town. I will look for it. Thanks so much for the tip!
  • deepwoodslady
    @Walela617 Thanks so much for starting this thread. We share a couple of other challenges and I always look forward to your charts. I love the long-term look at our progress. And its always nice to meet new folks on similar journeys which always happens when I join a new challenge. I look forward to this thread!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 896 Member
    @deepwoodslady Wow, that is a challenge. I would try Walmart. I shop at Publix but it looks like Walmart carries them too. Here is what they look like and the nutritional facts. asd2ggkcv4ok.png
    apf1avcrbw2j.png
  • deepwoodslady
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady Wow, that is a challenge. I would try Walmart. I shop at Publix but it looks like Walmart carries them too. Here is what they look like and the nutritional facts. asd2ggkcv4ok.png
    apf1avcrbw2j.png

@lislisa123 looks great! Thanks for the visual. It will make it so much easier for me to find.
  • deepwoodslady
    th?id=OIP.DWR2EVcC59lQWnT5eEQprwHaH6&pid=Api&P=0&h=520
  • deepwoodslady
    th?id=OIP.YIF5XGQ6NKopormmA6BhiAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=320
  • DarinGettingFitNow
    DarinGettingFitNow Posts: 424 Member
    After some debating, I decided I'd like to join in! My name is Darin, and I live in Holly Springs, North Carolina. I'm 5'7" and about 161 right now, and Trendweight says I'll reach my goal by late November. We'll have to see about that. Anywho, I'll post on Mondays as Weight (Trendweight). Good luck to everybody - let's do this!!!
  • Walela617
    Hi everyone,

I got "sticker shock" when I stepped on the scale this morning! I was "good" until the 4th, but then: "Blame it on the barbecue!" (Plus, I had trouble "reining it in" on Friday and Saturday.) On the plus side. I had no alcoholic beverages at all.

I will hold off reporting until tomorrow, Monday, July 8th. Hopefully, the scale will then show that I at least maintained, once I get rid of all the excess fluid and sodium. (I will report my stats regardless.)

Enjoy your day and have a great week!
    💗 Carole
  • Walela617
    Welcoming all! I love reading these posts and I'm so glad you joined us! @Lislisa123, Resisting pizza? Now, that's tough! I'm not sure I could do it!

Here's something some of you might like as a summer treat: frozen fruits! Here are some I really like:

Black grapes (any grape it's fine)
    Sliced kiwi
    Mandarin orange sections
    Bananas

Has anyone tried others? Much healthier than I've cream and so good!
  • Karlo7428
    Stats

Weigh In Day:Wednesday

Starting weight:314lbs
    Current weight:312lbs
    Goal weight:272lbs

July 3rd:312lbs
    July 10th:
    July 17th:
    July 24th:
    July 31st: