Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Over 2.3 million people in the Houston area are without power, including us. Luckily it’s not hot today, currently only 77F
    That's a tragedy, I am happy to hear you avoided the worst of it.

And as you are famously a stat-head, sorry you lost your treadmill data. ;)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,511 Member
    @martaindale sorry for your loss power, but glad no damage. My daughter's power was out when she woke up at 6:30am, and just turned back on at 7pm.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    I was wondering about you this morning @Teresa502 . I'm glad that you are back and didn't get CoVID. Great run this morning. I love the cow picture. At least she was on the side of the road. I worry about them getting hit by a car too. I'm glad you were able to get her headed back home and the owners were putting her back up. Do have to run back up that hill? It looks like a killer.

@yirara Getting out and getting it done when you really aren't feeling it is a win! Good job.

@martaindale I'm glad you got your run mostly done before the power went out. Very happy to hear that you didn't have any damage. I hope your power comes back on soon.

@Scott6255 I'm glad your daughter is okay and now has power again.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    In sum it can work very well for some people, and work poorly for others, and there is no intrinsic value in where someone lands in all that.

I agree. Some people are naturally early to bed, early to rise. Others are night owls. Nothing is wrong with being either. We are who we are so just embrace it and do your own thing!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary I understand. You did great.

@jem302 Great running. Glad you are seeing progress. That is great motivation to keep going.

Nice running @kgirlhart. I'm glad you didn't have significant winds.

You're doing great @chris_in_cal .

You did great to get out and run when it was a struggle @tarun_yadavA . I should watch Wimbledon, but I haven't watched much tennis in years. I don't even know who the big players are now.

@henridw2095 Fatigue will hit you when you least expect it. I hope the walk energizes you and you start to feel more like yourself every day.

@SummerSkier It is interesting how people still feel it is a taboo to mention that they have CoVID. I hope you can avoid getting it from the workplace. I know you said you needed rain, so I'm sorry that missed you, but glad you didn't get hit hard with Beryl. Great job on the run and I hope you enjoy your tennis later.

@mari333a It is hard some days to find the time to do everything you want. Great job on the two runs. You've got this.