Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    hi to all uk mfp'ers new and old!

ive just got out of hospital today with chronic pain and they still dont know whats wrong!! :( on the upside i have definately lost weight this week! lol.

hope everyone is still doing well and enjoying the new you!!

thats all for now - just wanted to say hi again!! :D

claire.

Where's the pain? That sounds dreadful. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Angela, I'm 38, live in London with my partner & 14yr old step daughter. I have been overweight pretty much all of my life, but really let myself go over the last 7 years after my step daughter suddenly & unexpectedly came to live with us. I was somewhat unprepared for family life, and all my attention was focused on her and I stopped really worrying about what was going on with me. Now that she is a bit older & does so much more for herself, I have more time to focus on me, and have decided that this time I want to do it properly, to lose the weight, and keep it off. I started in January, and joined MFP in May. So far I have lost 75lbs, but still have over 100 to go, so I will be around for a while! :laugh: It will be nice to have some UK support, looking forward to getting to know you all :smile:

That's amazing! You've lost so much and you sound so confident that you'll lose the rest. Your family must be so proud of you!
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Made the mistake of weighing myself before (only did it yesterday).
    Surprisingly I haven't lost anything yet ha!
    I might lock away the scales because I am constantly jumping on and off them :/

Fish Cakes for dinner tonight mmm!
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's even sunny and warm in Scotland. What a joy to be wearing sandals and not welly boots !

It's my birthday today. I must confess I haven't been very good. The forecast is for lots of prosecco and cake over the weekend so I can't guarantee a loss this week.

Happy Birthday :) Hope you get spoilt.

My name's Ellen and I live in Preston. It's so sunny and warm that I spent the day on the beach at St Annes.

Team UK - I'm in!
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Enjoying this great weather :) Happy Birthday Suz, hope you are having a great day!

Off to Body Pump in a bit, I've not been in a while as I had been sticking to the gym the last few weeks - I'm going to hurt tomorrow!
  • hatchet83
    Options
    Evening everyone....

Count me in!! Im Tom im 28 and im in Dover, Kent. Lost about 32 pounds so far and got about 25 more to go, I think!!! Im always in need of encouragement and a kick up the *kitten* so feel free to add me if you like!!!

Tom x
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wowee! there's loads now! i best get to adding some of you!

is everyone loving the heat wave? its been hot hot! and hopefully will be over the weekend so i can get the bbq out!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been using mfp for about a week to track my food & exercise as I find it really easy & the database is full of UK food! I'd love to join Team UK.

I live in London with my husband, young son & dogs. I've been losing weight since May & I've gone from 16st7lbs to 13st8lbs this morning. I've done this by sticking to around 1200 calories per day and, for exercise, walking. I try to walk 10000 steps a day and usually succeed as I have to walk the dogs. I want to start some weight training as well - though I don't like going to the gym. So I'm looking into that at the moment.

Looking forward to getting to know Team UK members better!

Hi and welcome to MFP!

Well done so far!! I am not a gym person either, I joined and went for about 4 months and then stopped. I don't like to exercise out in the open so I am doing it all at home or go out for my walks at night.

Hi there

no gym for me either. I love walking too, hope to get a good 2 hours in tmoro. When I have a bit more energy then I use the Wii - I have zumba and My Fitness Coach, which i would highly recommend. Over the years I've built up a few bits of equipment (nothing big), ankle weights, dumbells, twist board, dynaband.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

What a gorgeous day, I don't care how confused the trees are its just glorious to finally get some sun....my bones appreciated the flood of vit D today lol

Mind this morning was a bit scary, hubby (stupid bugger) took some antibiotics that the dentist gave me and went to work. Panic phone call 10 mins later, hands swollen up, itchy rash, lips swelling, vomiting, tight throat. Had to shove eldest (11) to school early, wake youngest (9) early (homeschooled) and phone my mum to get us then collect him and get to the doctors. He's taken amoxycillin before with no problems but this time he reacted. The doc gave him antihistamines and a telling off but now he's allergic to penecillin. After that the day improved immensely!! lol

martyxx
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good evening Team UK :)

Claire, sorry to hear about your hospital stay, glad you are home now and hope you are feeling better.

BJ, I did level 1 and 2 of the shred together on Tuesday (after a week off) and am still regretting it!! haha My calves are not very happy but they have also had a lot of walking in the wrong shoes inflicted on them this week!

Julie, I agree, I am certainly finding my new Team UK pals to be ever so motivating so thanks guys :)

Evelyn, I think I may have to have fishcakes tomorrow (although will see what time I get home as need motivation to make the ones I like!)

Well I had a fab day out with a friend from Australia, walking all over London but boy am I exhausted now - it was soooo hot! Did have lunch out but a reasonably healthy japanese one and also had a couple of skim coffees (and a bite of pain au chocolat that my friend insisted I try! haha). But I went running this morning and did a lot of walking today (but only logged an hour, other than what I did with my running) so I'm still good with my cals.

Had chicken and pear salad with a maple and mustard dressing tonight (was going to make lamb and cous cous salad with a yoghurt dressing but Asda didn't have any lean lamb, what's up with that?). It was very delicious even though I just made it up when I was in Asda :)

Time for bed for me, will likely have another touristy day ahead.

Dotti x
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't get a chance to get out in the sunshine today.... but I did get some exercise in...

I did Turbo Fire 55 EZ (cardio) and Sculpt 30 (toning with resistance bands) classes.... now I'm wondering what exercise to do tomorrow....?

I guess treadmill with some Ab toning... ugh... I hate the treadmill... but since I bought one at the beginning of the year, I better use it....!

lol...
    goodnight all....
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! :flowerforyou:

Looks like it's going to be another gorgeous September day - at least in Leicester :happy: While I wasn't overly impressed at being woken up at stupid'o'clock by my cat, having the seen the clear blue sky all is forgiven.

I have no idea what I'm doing with myself today, since I don't usually work on a Friday, but I'm sure I'll find something and make sure that something is outside!!

More from me later.... x
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone :)

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather :) Im taking the children to play activity this morning (this involves 40min walk there & back with 21month old in pushchair & 10 week old in sling so should burn a few calories as well!)

Then going to do 30ds when they have their nap ,on day 18 now - I missed yesterday which should have been day 18 as damaged my knee - I cracked knee cap a few years ago and had been going on running in not great trainers and it hurts so much now.

Hope everyone has a great day :)
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Morning :)

Switched my breakfast around today, I was getting a bit bored of strawberries, so I am having banana, yoghurt and some crunchy granola mmm!
  • nic81081
    nic81081 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well after getting back down to my wedding weight (total loss of 22lbs) i have stayed the same today and have a wedding today and my sisters birthday night out tomorrow. Will try and get some exercise in but i won't be logging for the next couple of days. Fingers crossed all the partying doesn't cause me to gain. On th eplus side i am off on holiday now for 2 weeks so should have a lot of time to exercise. Happy Friday everyone. Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie - I live in Kent. I am 53 and married with one daughter (she's also married), and I have 2 step sons and a step grandson. I've moved about a bit since the age of 19. I was brought up in Kent, and at 19 moved to South Africa - Pretoria then Durban. I moved back to the UK in 1984, lived in Kent for about 2 years and them moved to Lincoln and stayed there for about 15 years or so. Now I'm back in Kent. I am in my second marriage (married 4 years) and couldnt be happier.

I work all day, Monday to Friday in an office on a computer, which can be a bit boring - and being bored is when I usually eat..:grumble: Weekends I love to go out - anywhere and everywhere - I cant stand spending the weekend indoors.

My big problem is exercise. I have a Wii with various exercise type games, a gym ball :laugh: and a sit up exerciser thingy that lives in the spare room and gathers dust !! However, when I get home from work I am so tired that after getting a meal ready and washing up etc etc all I want to do is sit down and relax.

It's so nice to read about things that are UK orientated - especially the recipies etc. This seems to be a brilliant website and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've just found this thread this morning and I'd like to join in as well if I can.:happy:

I've been at this for about 18 months now and I have lost 6 stone so far. But in the last 3 months my weight hasn't moved which has left me a little de-motivated. I'd like to lose another 20lbs and any help I can get from like minded people would be amazing. And if I can help others to get to their goals that would be great.

Thanks
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...another wonderful sunny day :) Just got back from my swim and also lost another 1.5 ilbs, so happy!
    Hope everyone has a great day, Susan xx
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team UK :smile:

It's gloriously sunny here in London, but I am stuck at my desk all day :grumble: On the plus side, it's Friday and I am getting my hair cut tonight, for which I can't wait, I have waited an extra two weeks to get it done, as I am going away at the end of next week, but it is now so long that it's getting on my nerves! Am hoping that the weather holds for tomorrow at least, as I have to work a few hours in the morning, but then hoping to get a nice long walk in on the way home. Hope everyone has a great day, and a fab weekend! :drinker:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...another wonderful sunny day :) Just got back from my swim and also lost another 1.5 ilbs, so happy!
    Hope everyone has a great day, Susan xx

@moonlightuk Woohoo!!! WTG!!!