SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,341 Member
    Update: I think I read the article wrong about Tara and she completed the trail last night, not at noon yesterday, so it was about 12 hours after I met Michael.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,259 Member
    Wow @quilteryoyo that was a super eventful hike! So cool you met Mike Wardian! I hadn't heard about Tara Dower's new FKT on the AT. Amazing!
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 77 Member
    @quilteryoyo good you got to get out. Beautiful part of the world you have there!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    Sept 1 – 2.03 miles
    Sept 2 – 3.00 miles
    Sept 4 – 3.00 miles
    Sept 5 – 4.00 miles
    Sept 8 – 4.42 miles
    Sept 10 – 5.65 miles
    Sept 12 – 6.40 miles for @shanaber
    Sept 14 – 3.16 miles
    Sept 18 – 6.02 miles
    Sept 19 – 4.01 miles
    Sept 21 – 9.01 miles
    Sept 22 – 4.25 miles
    Total 54.95 miles

I ran 4.25 miles from home this morning which means hills, hills and more hills. It started raining lightly about mile 2 but like @Scott6255 I don’t mind it when I’m already out there. It felt refreshing. I did wish for a hat though to keep the rain out of my eyes.

Congratulations on your 50K @WarmJellyFish!

Good to know about the MyNetDiary app @daria0919. I’m not currently tracking my food (should be) but the ability to scan the bar code and get all the information instantly loaded into your tracker was a feature that I used all the time when I did log.

@martaindale – Love that medal! The course sounds beautiful and so does all the after race food! Congratulations!

@quilteryoyo – We’re doing the Run LoCo Half Marathon in Lenoir City, Tennessee. It’s on December 7 – come on down and run with us! Sounds like your hike turned out to be lovely. Very cool that you got to meet the guy doing the entire trail in 50 days. Even with a support crew following you around, that’s still quite a feat. I followed Tara Dowers (aka Candy Mama) some and am so happy for her breaking the record.

So sorry for your hip issues @ContraryMaryMary. I know you are disappointed to miss Blue Lakes but you are being smart. I hope you heal soon and get all the kinks worked out before your half marathon.

Congrats on your 5K PR @AmunahSki!

• WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 77 Member
    @Teresa502 👃