WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,219 Member
    I had some bread with home made pesto for a pre-dinner appetizer. Then dinner was pork ribs cooked and seasoned in sauerkraut (my DH is on a sauerkraut kick!), potato salad made in oil. Filled half my plate with the sauerkraut!
    499m0naknvd5.jpeg
    9h6cba53bgnt.jpeg
    RVRita in Roswell
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,808 Member
    Hmmm...Michele hasn't signed on sinced Thursday, so her electric, etc., may well be out. Hope all is well in her world after Helene.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,533 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    Yes, worrying about Michele.

Would also love to hear from Rosemarie.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,597 Member
    Allie - thank you for sharing those photos of SMiles and Delia. They always make me smile.

Vicki - such great news about your new employee. <3 Crossing fingers she settles in and stays. Your new shower sounds great.

A YouTube reel just came up in my feed talking about the cell service in western N. Carolina. Michele lives near Hickory, and it appears electrical power is completely out west of her - cell service as well. Lots of devastation. When we get Michele back, she'll have a lot to tell us.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/854068406830386

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,090 Member
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,832 Member
    edited September 29
    Up to my eyes busy getting ready for a trip to Oxford next weekend with DED to help granddaughter move into her new apartment.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 46
  • SophieRosieMom
    Debbie - I grabbed a whole chilled rotisserie chicken from the Walmart deli section this morning, $3.97. Had some for supper and there's enough meat there for several more meals. Super glad you mentioned it. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I think I’ve recovered from the house guests. It takes me a long time. I guess it’s sort of like jet lag. Takes me 3 hours to recover for every one hour they’re here.

I still cannot lose an ounce of weight. Tomorrow I will start a sort of extreme 3 day eating plan to see if it’ll jump start that. Basically, I’ll eat unseasoned chicken and vegetables for 3 days.

I’m following along and sending virtual good wishes and hugs to all of you for your successes and struggles.

Tina in CA

I completely understand about the house guests! I won't stay with someone or have anyone stay with me for more than a night. And those times occur rarely. Most of the time I would much rather stay in a hotel than with someone.

Chicken and vegetables is extreme?

M in Oz

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 30
    Debbie - I grabbed a whole chilled rotisserie chicken from the Walmart deli section this morning, $3.97. Had some for supper and there's enough meat there for several more meals. Super glad you mentioned it. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

NICE- they really are good and plenty of meat for a few meals.
    I simmered the bones/skin/etc yesterday and chilled it then removed the fat- had a cup of that last night and again this afternoon. Feel like I am coming down with a cold so it was nice.
    The regular price is great but when they do the discounts it makes them even a bigger bargain.
    If you can pick up a few extras, bone them out and freeze the meat- great for so many different meals.

I made chicken salad for our lunch today. Quick and easy and tasted so good.
  • SophieRosieMom
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

NICE- they really are good and plenty of meat for a few meals.
    I simmered the bones/skin/etc yesterday and chilled it then removed the fat- had a cup of that last night and again this afternoon. Feel like I am coming down with a cold so it was nice.
    The regular price is great but when they do the discounts it makes them even a bigger bargain.
    If you can pick up a few extras, bone them out and freeze the meat- great for so many different meals.

I made chicken salad for our lunch today. Quick and easy and tasted so good.

Deb - what's your recipe for chicken salad? I've made plenty of tuna salad but never chicken salad.

Lanette
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,165 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    T
    Debbie, Miracle Whip is good for only one thing, bologna sandwiches on white balloon bread while on a road trip. :sick:

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

When I was in high school, I would spend the night at my grandparents house after having a FFA meeting(we lived 10 miles from town and my parents werent going to drive that far to pick me up-grandmother lived just a few blocks from the school). It was great, except, grandma made me a lunch and the sandwich had MW on it. She used the thin deli(Buddig) meat that mom rarely bought so it was a treat but still remember the taste of the MW. Never did tell her how much I hated that stuff.
    Now it is a big joke between former hubby and I. We never had it in the house when we were married.