Rambling Random Hot Moms (Closed)

Options

Replies

• sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know I am late to the party, I gained 176.1. I think its getting close to my TOY. My husband told me to go away and return with his wife last night. lol!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Helen you are amazing!! You make the chart so interactive and that much more motivating. Thank you!! I hope your job is going well. Your routine will adjust here soon!

Anyone have good ideas on getting rid of a chest cold? I am dying with this one. It doesn't seem to be getting that much better and it will be a weak tomorrow. I am still getting asked if I am ok when I answer the phOne. My voice is that bad!
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    I hope you get feeling better. This cold stuff seems to be going around. Ironically though I feel better at work, and you take in so much powder there that your boogers and whatnot are black. Gross, but just so you know I work in a powdered metal plant lol. I was just looking back through to find my highest weight and if I am right it is 196.4. I want to keep that posted somewhere at home so when I am losing this weight I can be like yes I have lost since this day when I was at my highest weight ever. I stepped on the scale today and weighed 192.6 which is down just from Monday. So we will see how I weigh in next week. I think the number should be down later even. Well see. Ok I am off to bed. Later ladies.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I hope I get feeling better too. I am sure it is bronchitis and I am sick of not having a voice and coughing. I feel as though I am really on the mend, so hopefully I can keep that up! I am not looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow, between being sick and TOM arriving today I am afraid the scale won't be so kind tomorrow. I am going to go to bed early so that I can get up and on the treadmill in the morning. I am going to set it up so I am all ready tonight. The more prep I do beforehand the more likely I am to follow through! Happy weigh in tomorrow!
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    no change this week. 176.1
  • debnu1
    Options
    Gee 190 today. That stinks! Ialready exercised today. I am sick of this cycle!! Time to get crackin'!!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    181.2 this morning. One pound off from last week. Now have to get crackin to get back to where I was. Deb-think it might be time to go see a doc? Sounds like it has been over two weeks. If it was a virus, you may have a bacterial infection now. :( Boo-hope you feel better. I started the 8 week basketball season today at 6:30 am. Need to work out tonight. Been freezing and drying apples all day yesterday. Will be yummy all winter long. Great snacks. Have a good week guys!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    192.6 this morning! So nice to see a new low number. AND I'm loving that my tracker FINALLY shows 10 lbs lost. Might be time for a mini-celebration.

Deb -- Don't worry about weight loss during sickness! Just get better, and the weight will come off once you're back to your healthy self.
  • debnu1
    Options
    If I wasn't feeling so much better I would go see the doctor. My cough is less frequent and I can sleep through the night unless the baby wakes me up. My voice even seems to be back today. Hooray!! I'm not too worried just ready to get to work. I finally am feeling motivated. It's been a long time coming!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    197.4 today
    Going in the right direction at least, so I'll take it :smile:
    Starting my new exercise routine this week.... Set all kinds of annoying alarms on my phone to remind me to do those workouts throughout the day. Included some yoga in the morning, hoping it will help my heels from hurting so much all the time.... something I read.
    Deb~ have you seen your doctor? It's been at least a week now you been fighting this cold, you may need some help in the battle. I hope it passes for you soon! Sickness is misery~

Oh, and today is my first anniversary... yep, we got married 101010, cause I'm a weird computer geek and he won't ever forget it :laugh:
    So... tonight we get to bring the cake out of the freezer! yay
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    197.4 today
    Going in the right direction at least, so I'll take it :smile:
    Starting my new exercise routine this week.... Set all kinds of annoying alarms on my phone to remind me to do those workouts throughout the day. Included some yoga in the morning, hoping it will help my heels from hurting so much all the time.... something I read.
    Deb~ have you seen your doctor? It's been at least a week now you been fighting this cold, you may need some help in the battle. I hope it passes for you soon! Sickness is misery~

Oh, and today is my first anniversary... yep, we got married 101010, cause I'm a weird computer geek and he won't ever forget it :laugh:
    So... tonight we get to bring the cake out of the freezer! yay

Happy Anniversary! I hope you cake taste a lot better then mine did!!
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Sorry I'm late ladies. I weighed in today at 193.4 pounds. Went up just a little I do believe. Does anyone know anything healthy that can help with energy similar to what an energy drink does or even soda for that matter? Nights like last night I need an idea of something healthier to help keep me awake at work.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Try emergenC it is vitamin C and B vitamins. It works wonders (the healthy way) Also try walking when you get tired. It makes a difference to be up and moving. If I sat down too long I always would nod off.

Here's a quote for today.

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France
  • debnu1
    Options
    I forgot why I was typing. Last night I had an epiphany. I realized that I have not pushed for something for a very long time. I have not had a goal and dug in to get it. I have not desired anything that greatly. I have decided to push myself more after watching the BL last night. I want to surpass my own expectations and get what I decide I want. (plus one!) After the 100 pushup challenge I can do 40 pushups straight. I didn't finish the last week because of getting sick, but 40 is awesome! I am now going to work to being able to do a 5k straight without walking. No more telling myself I can't as I can do anything I set my mind to!

What are you going to put your mind to and finish or surpass?
  • helena98
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I have so much less time for posting that I'll probably just keep posts on the main thread instead of this one. But I read through your posts and had a couple of comments.

@debnu1 -- 40 pushups straight is AWESOME. I keep failing the pushup challenge. I get to about W3D2, and then I stop. I'm so amazed how quickly my upper body muscle builds up when I stick with it 3 days/week, and then it goes away SO FAST if I don't do it 3 days/week. And 3 days isn't hard! So I'm gonna start again this week, W1D1 again, and see if I can actually get past W3 this time.

@badbrat -- It's so hard to be a mom without some sort of energy pick-me-up! I have a sister in grad school, and she stays away from all caffeine and energy drinks, and I honestly don't know how she does it. I've needed my own pick-me-ups as my body's adjusting to a new job. I'll share what my husband and I do, but I'm not sure if you can call any of it "healthy."

* My husband's a big fan of Rockstar Recovery drinks. They're like juice, no carbonation, and only 20 calories per 16 oz can. My body reacts poorly to them, so I stay away from them. But they're tasty and not nearly as sugary-overkill-sweet as their regular Rockstar drinks.

* I used to be a big fan of FRS Health Energy. They're whole motto is something like "have enough energy to get you through your working day AND your workout." I only used them on an as-needed-basis and not every day. However, I felt so tired most days, which is frustrating when you're working out to increase your energy. Anyways, I couldn't buy them one week when money was tight, and my energy completely skyrocketed. I felt like FRS gave me short periods of energy boost, only to drain my overall energy whenever I didn't take it. So I stopped taking it.

* I tried Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner MetaCaps because I had a coupon. I have NEVER tried any kind of fat burning pill before. It didn't give me any weight loss results, but I love their energy boost, and this has now become my go-to-source for my tired days. I only take them as needed, when I'm tired, and not the 4/day that the bottle recommends. I've started calling them my "energy pills." Yeah, this option's probably the unhealthiest of them all.

But there you have it! I'm not a coffee drinker. I loved my Diet Coke, but my body's so used to it that it gives me no caffeine/energy boost at all. Plus I'm really trying to drink less soda and more water. I like having the Jillian pills when I get a crappy night of sleep (thanks a lot, sick children) and STILL have to go to work the next day. I highly recommend having SOME kind of energy drink/pills when you need it, but not using as an every day option. When you become dependent on it just to get through your day, EVERY DAY, then it's time to step back and make some lifestyle changes (healthier diet, more sleep, better work schedule, etc.)

Maybe I'll try that emergenC that Debbie recommends......
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    173.9 today! YAY!! How I did I haven't got the slightest idea!
  • helena98
    Options
    191.8 today! Nice to see that I'm still going down.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options

So far everyone is going down :)

I like the 5 hour energy shots myself, they don't give me a crash, but by the time they wear off, I've got momentum going. They have 0 calories and taste like crap.

Also starting over, yet again, on pushup challenge. Though my initial test keeps getting bigger :)
  • debnu1
    Options
    I'm 189 today!! Actually down from last week. Hopefully I will keep seeing the change. Keep up the pushups ladies. You can do it! I am slightly tempted to start again with full pushups. But I think I will do the 30ds instead. I have felt like a whiner lately. I keep getting daily missions from my bootcamp and then think I don't want to! Such a bad attitude. I am working on being more positive I didn't realize my self talk was so negative until now.