Replies

• Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    *pins on her water ribbon of shame*
    *pins on her lack of complimenting ribbon of shame*

Walks to the center of the room.

*yells*

I am sorry for not fully accepting my compliment from Becky with full and utmost dignity and grace. It was most unbecoming of me and I will strive to do better in the future.

*bows*

*turns to Becky*

Please accept my humble thanks for your kindhearted appreciation and compliment given on my behalf I fully accept and acknowledge that I am a wonderful person who is supportive and helpful even when I am not asked to be, thank you.

*bows*

*strides to center of the room*

*yells*

I am sorry that I have not fully consumed all of my water intake like a good person but I was not feeling the love for the water that day. I know it is not good for me and the little adipocytes will not leave my system if I do not give them a river of love to flee out of my body on. I will strive to do much better in the future Mistress JJ. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for besmirching your program of health and wellness.

*bows*

*walks over to wall of shame and stands with nose in corner for rest of the day*

;)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    *pins on her water ribbon of shame*
    *pins on her lack of complimenting ribbon of shame*

Walks to the center of the room.

*yells*

I am sorry for not fully accepting my compliment from Becky with full and utmost dignity and grace. It was most unbecoming of me and I will strive to do better in the future.

*bows*

*turns to Becky*

Please accept my humble thanks for your kindhearted appreciation and compliment given on my behalf I fully accept and acknowledge that I am a wonderful person who is supportive and helpful even when I am not asked to be, thank you.

*bows*

*strides to center of the room*

*yells*

I am sorry that I have not fully consumed all of my water intake like a good person but I was not feeling the love for the water that day. I know it is not good for me and the little adipocytes will not leave my system if I do not give them a river of love to flee out of my body on. I will strive to do much better in the future Mistress JJ. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for besmirching your program of health and wellness.

*bows*

*walks over to wall of shame and stands with nose in corner for rest of the day*

;)

I just snorted low-fat chocolate milk out my nose! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jackie010307
    jackie010307 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    JJ, thank you. I have been making an effort to participate in as many mountains as possible! I will manage to do some toward the biking mountain by the end of the month!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Wow, you all did amazing this weekend. I was really worried about this challenge because of all of the work I need to put in for this charity gala at the end of the month and I am really feeling like a slacker after this weekend. I promise I will do better for the rest of the month.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Julie: You touch my heart... you seem to know the right thing to say and the right time to say it. Your post to me or response to my post -- well, it meant the world. It made my heart happy! And that is a quality that draws people to you... Thank you for how you have added to my life!

Becky, thank you for the lovely complement. I enjoy making people feel better about themselves, especially when they are feeling low. I know what it is to feel that way and I don't like it, so if it takes a few heart felt words to brighten someone's day, I would do so in a heart beat.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    sorry Steph. :) I hope it didn't burn too much *HUGS*
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Linda, I would also like to pay you a compliment! You are new to our group and have been wonderful about contributing to our climb up the mountains. You are working towards the summit of FIVE different mountains and are doing a great job at drinking your water. You have already come a long ways in your weight loss journey and I am sure have a lot you can help us all with and I look forward to learning more about and from you! Thanks for joining us and keep it up sista!

Thank you JJ for the compliment. I am proud of how I am climbing the mountains daily with all of you and helping us get to the top . I do drink enough water to fill a small bathtub each day. :drinker: :laugh:. Thank you for the warm welcome and I hope to be as close as you all are to one another. I will work on posting more so you can all get to know me better.

First acknowledgement of a compliment for me (hope I did it right - this is tough to do)...now I have to go look how to post the amount for that mountain. I will figure it out I am sure.:heart:
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Eileen, one for you too! You are super consistent with your water, walking and exercises. That is the way to build a habit and change your life! You are such an inspiring person, to have had the year you have and still have such a sweet, upbeat and cheerful attitude just really inspires me. Thanks for the sunshine, Sunshine!

JJ, Thank you for the compliment! I am proud to be able to contribute to the group and be inspiring to you! You all inspire ME to live life to the fullest, embracing the good with the bad knowing that it is always easier on the journey if you have your friends by your side!
  • JJ thank you for the compliment, it meant a lot to me

i hope i dont come off as crazy swimming lady - i'm just obsessed with getting in the hour every morning, i have to wake up at 6:20 to go, u cant just walk out the door and walk or head our office and do my gazelle - the swimming requires the whole - bathing suit/changing blah blah blah so the time getting there, getting changed and getting home to shower and then leave to take the girl to school by 8:45am - it's quite a feat! but i'm doing it 5 days a week and since i've got the off peak membership and saturdays they do swim lessons when i can go, i dont swim on the weekends anymore - last 2 weeks i've done my Gazelle which has only aggravated the weird thigh pain a bit - (making my issue not 100% gone, but getting there?)

Am i the only one here who has a Tony Little's Gazelle Freestyle Elite? It's quite a work out people, and not crazy expensive, and VERY LOW IMPACT ON BAD KNEES I'M TALKING TO YOU GREG!

i've busted yet another plateau today as well, i was stuck at 60.5lbs for 7 days - and today it moved to 61....i'm officially 9 lbs away from my next goal of 70lbs by New Year's Eve

Does anyone else find the closer you get to your goal the more plateaus you hit? i feel like they're coming more often than ever!

Lastly - i've been thinking alot about the impending holidays - i'd LOVE any tips you have to keep me from totally F-ing up my hard work! I'm sugar and wheat free these days, so i intend to keep that going so as to not go crazy - but i do loves me some pumpkin pie HELP!

thanks y'all
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good morning all. I got some extra exercise in yesterday by running the stairs at lunch. 5 flights 3 times in 10 minutes. Woot woot! When I first started it took me 30 minutes to do it. For this challenge I only logged the upstairs. I also used my little dumbells while watching Caslte on tv last night. I impressed my daughter and hubby by using the 10 pound weights for my triceps. I forgot that a while back I bought a medicine ball and my daughter said she would "play" with it with me tonight while we watch "Biggest Loser". Today is a birght sunny day here in the Great NW, I am hoping that means it will still be light enough to either go on a bike ride or get out for a run after work today. I have to say that one of the only things I don't like about my 10 hour shift is that by November I am going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. It makes it hard to get outside much. Have a great day and happy losing.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Staci I would like to compliment you. You completely inspire me. You are achieving great things in your fitness. You are the most on track person I know. I have no doubt that you will achieve your goals.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Steph- Thank you. I work hard at staying on track and when I get off track I am finding it easier to get right back on.
  • staci - wow the stairs that's amazing!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WTG ZENA...Now will you PLEASE pull me down with you????? I'm so bloated that the scale is up nearly 2lbs, and I'm so close to being under 300 it is pissing me off.

I hear ya Bobbie! Every time I get under 300 my appetite goes crazy and I have to fight to stay on calories. Especially at the 1200 level where my doc has me this month.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Brisa: I love, love, LOVE that you change your profile pic so often! I do -- and you always seem so happy and full of life. I can't wait for the day that I can be happy to have photos taken OF me and that I am willing to share them vs being so darned critical! So, when I see you have a new pic -- I just smile and think to myself... "one day... one day THAT will be me!" Thank you for that! I'm so glad you are part of this family!

Becky, my heart goes out to you. To tell the truth, I use to hide from and avoid pictures like they were a plague. I hated my body so I hated how I looked and hated myself. It took me so long to get it in my thick head that the people that love me, the ones that really love me, do so no matter what size I am, so I should love myself too, no matter what size I am. I learned to dress better for my size, learned to wear makeup, and started to fix my hair. Before I knew it, I liked myself a lot more, still learning to love myself though. But the biggest change, the one that matters the most, is my attitude change. You hear people say that attitude is everything, but honestly, no one believes it till they actually feel it. Having a positive attitude means having confidence. Its not what you look like, its what you feel like. YOU WILL GET THERE BECKY!!!!!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, you are a beast girly! 5 miles deserves a WOOOO WOOOO!!
    Greg, so proud of you for getting your butt in the pool! I’ve been thinking about your knee. I’m sorry your knee brace did not work out. I bought one too and had cut out the support parts out because the middle part was way too big and did not offer any support at all. I use Icy Hot cream or spray on it too. You should try it. It numbs out the pain a little.
    JJ, I haven’t forgotten your advice about putting myself first a little more. I never got around to thanking you. So, thank you. I realized this week, and paid the price for not doing it, how important it is to put one’s self first once in a while. I let my fiancé and his kids take over my weekend instead of studying for a major exam. I totally bombed. But doing all my extra credit saved me :-)
    Well, now I will wait for the spreadsheet to get unlocked so I can catch up all my dancing minutes. :-(

Its so good to be back!!!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Oh wow! You all are doing so great! I am just so thrilled with everyone's progress!

I wanted to let you know that we are making our summit bid for Vinson Massif, our Endurance Summit, with walking/running/swimming. We are within 300 feet of the summit on that one and we should summit this week! How amazing is that???? I love that we have continued on with these great exercises that we have all picked up and are just making them such a part of our daily lives.

We are also on the last 1000 feet of Mt. Elbrus, our Exploration summit, with exercises. This is a new one to our challenges, and I just love that we have incorporated it into our daily routines and made it to the summit so quickly on this one! Woot!

I hope that people will switch to some of the other summits for their exercise now, at least some of the time. Poor Denali (biking) and Aconcagua (dancing) are in need of some of your time, attention and calories.

Some more compliments.....

Brisa, I love that you are juggling a family and school and yet still manage to make exercise a priority in your life. That is a huge accomplishment and I am really proud of you for managing it. I know it does not always work out the way you have planned, but that is the juggling part. I am glad you heard me tell you how important it is to put yourself first sometimes, now you just have to DO IT. :bigsmile:

Becky, I just love your particular brand of sunshine. You are so honest with us all about all the ups and downs in your life and on this journey, but you always manage to do it in a positive, the sun will come out tomorrow, kind of way. And I just love that attitude. Because you know what? The sun DOES always come out tomorrow!

Bobbie, you challenge me and inspire me. I love how committed you are to this journey and doing it your own way. You are not afraid to try new things, like running or going on the 5 mile long trail. You are just a really cool chick.

Renae, you maintain a breakneck speed in your life. You are always off somewhere, camping, on vacation, taking kids here and there, and you still manage to stay so incredibly on track with your exercise and eating. I love seeing the difference in your photos and find that to be really inspiring to me. I want to be you when I grow up.

Staci, you are so freaking incredible. You work a very difficult job, that involves a lot of stress, and yet you still make time and room in your day for a LOT of exercise. The best part is that you act like it is just normal to go for a run to kill time when you get to Curves early and they are not open yet or to run the stairs at work or workout when you are sick. And you make me start to think that IS normal. You have made such a change in your habits and thinking and it is just awesome!

Stephanie, my sweet Steph. You always make me smile. You have nothing but kind words for anyone, and a helping hand. You have made such a HUGE difference in your life and body and have helped me to see the path to do so for myself. Your persistence and dedication are amazing.
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    Looks like some people have taken advantage of the bonus biking weekend! In particular thank you to Bobbie and Steph, who have both entered big numbers!

Please make sure you doubled your water for Thursday (the blue square). There are a few entries that look like the normal amount (Greg, Bonnie, Cyndi, Jane, Julie, Zena, and Tina I am looking at you).

JJ....There is a good reason that I don't double on water for Thurdsay .... That is my weigh-in day...and I don't want to have a gain of water weight.
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    Zena: Your numbers are sooooo impressive, especially the swimming that you have been doing lately! I love that you found that and embraced that! It helps you reach those big accomplishments with your release numbers... and you've made some pretty significant ones lately! I'm so happy for you!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I love swimming....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My sister and I do this every Friday and Saturday. I want to start doing more nights, but I am hooked on the Biggest Loser on Tuesday night. I will have to see about getting me a recorder so I can tape it.

Thank you!
  • StaciO
    Options

Staci, you are so freaking incredible. You work a very difficult job, that involves a lot of stress, and yet you still make time and room in your day for a LOT of exercise. The best part is that you act like it is just normal to go for a run to kill time when you get to Curves early and they are not open yet or to run the stairs at work or workout when you are sick. And you make me start to think that IS normal. You have made such a change in your habits and thinking and it is just awesome!

Thank you JJ. When I started I struggled to exercise but this is my new normal now. I am proud that I don't just sit n my car reading when I arrive somewhere early. I laugh because most of my activities this month have fallen under the dancing peak and not the other but I will see what I can do about getting some more bike riding in (the darned weather has changed and it makes it hard to get out there and ride)