Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    hello everyone - what a crazy week! I love the challenge and had to stop myself a couple times for reaching for the can of soup.

Crockpot recipe Wednesday:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can of rotel
    2 or 3 cloves of garlic
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 bay leaf
    dash of cinnamon, cumin, chili powder or whatever spices you like

cook on low for 8 hours - once done move to a stove top pan and shred the chicken up into bit size pieces

1 or 2 zucchini sliced thin and halved
    1 can of butter beans

salt pepper to taste

heat everything up (stove top took about 10 mins as i wanted to bring the liquid down)

serve over riced cauliflower or eat it as a stew

This was the "what the hell am I going to do and what do I have in the pantry" day - it didn't turn out to bad and the butter beans (never had them before) gave it an interesting texture. next time I will spice it up alot.

It's about 4 servings and about 200 caleries per serving.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am doing it :) I hardly eat any pre made food now
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh ladies im back and i have missed you all! the last month has been a hard one for me i have been beyond depressed, i was angry and sad and mad and it was terrible but i had to realize i cant fix the problem i can only try to make it the best i can i have the sweetest little boy any mommy could ask for and i am thankful for that ! i was so mad and aggravated with myself i couldnt stand for my husband to touch me i was disgusted any time he kissed me(not with him, but myself) which as im sure you all know caused alot of tension in the house, we were fighting all the time<something we dont do. i had to decide that it was time for a change and whatever challenges we face we would deal with. i am scared with the flu season approaching i hope to not spend our time in the hospital. my son was hospitalized 6 times last year. its terrible! i started back yesterday, i did okay got a little lazy at the end of the day, the entire house is sick . i need to go to the store but to time energy or money to do that i hope friday will bring better luck i gained all of the weight i had lost plus 3 lbs but im not gonna let that hold me back! im looking forward! so friend please hold my hand for the next cpl weeks ill need it!!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So it has been a week and no results yet I'm a little frustrated. So yeah the whole eating clean thing doesn't really work for me. I cook from scratch but I get help from packaged foods to make them. Like my 300 cal dinner tonight that used a can of cream of mushroom soup and frozen cut up vegetables. It was very good by the way and I could have cut the calories a bit by using the 98% fat free variety of cream of mushroom but didn't have any on hand. So anyway I don't know how much I will be able to be online tomorrow as I am working at my church in the office so I am going to submit my crock pot recipe tonight. I am sorry to say I haven't tried this one yet but really want to try it sometime soon!

Beef Burgundy

1 1/2 lbs Beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1/2 lb whole fresh mushrooms, halved
    4 medium carrots chopped
    1 can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 large onion cut into thin wedges
    1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
    1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Hot cooked egg noodes

In a 5 qt slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients, Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles.

Yield:6 servings
    Nutrition: 1 cup stew without noodles equals 273 cals, 9 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.

Author in cookbook suggests cutting everything up the night before and store in fridge in seperate containers ( or bags) so save on time in the morning. I suggest that you could probably cut out the salt completely to save on sodium since you are using a condensed soup and especially if you are using broth instead of wine.

I don't know about the watery aspect but I imagine that it is going to be stew like and I believe that the tapioca will help to thicken it up so it isn't watery. If anyone tries this recipe before I do let me know how it turns out.

Sounds supper yummy. Gonna try this one.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh ladies im back and i have missed you all! the last month has been a hard one for me i have been beyond depressed, i was angry and sad and mad and it was terrible but i had to realize i cant fix the problem i can only try to make it the best i can i have the sweetest little boy any mommy could ask for and i am thankful for that ! i was so mad and aggravated with myself i couldnt stand for my husband to touch me i was disgusted any time he kissed me(not with him, but myself) which as im sure you all know caused alot of tension in the house, we were fighting all the time<something we dont do. i had to decide that it was time for a change and whatever challenges we face we would deal with. i am scared with the flu season approaching i hope to not spend our time in the hospital. my son was hospitalized 6 times last year. its terrible! i started back yesterday, i did okay got a little lazy at the end of the day, the entire house is sick . i need to go to the store but to time energy or money to do that i hope friday will bring better luck i gained all of the weight i had lost plus 3 lbs but im not gonna let that hold me back! im looking forward! so friend please hold my hand for the next cpl weeks ill need it!!

We're here for you sweetie!
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So for those that aren't in my friends list which most of you are if not friend request me cause I am horrible at it. Anyway my test results came back and there are no cancerous or precancerous cells!!!! Yeay!!!!:drinker: I am so relieved about that and it is a huge weight off of my shoulders. Plans fell through at the church for me to work in the office so instead I continued on the extra 30 min drive and spent the day with my sister and neice! It was nice to have some cuddle time with the baby. I don't get the opportunity for that much. My husband asked me if hanging out with her all day gave me the itch yet and I was like DUDE I have the itch but I have goals first!!!!!!! Right now I am saying that I would like to go til march before going off the pill cause I want to go a whole year on here and working on my weight. But once I reach the 230 mark which is my weight goal (for pregnancy) we will see. I might want to go ahead and start trying at that point. However I really really really don't want any of my last trimester of pregnancy to be during the hot part of summer!!! Ugh it was bad enough the last few months of my daughters pregnancy to be during New jerseys hot spring. Anyway I am rambling now so I will get going now. I hope you all had a wonderful day today.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So for those that aren't in my friends list which most of you are if not friend request me cause I am horrible at it. Anyway my test results came back and there are no cancerous or precancerous cells!!!! Yeay!!!!:drinker: I am so relieved about that and it is a huge weight off of my shoulders. Plans fell through at the church for me to work in the office so instead I continued on the extra 30 min drive and spent the day with my sister and neice! It was nice to have some cuddle time with the baby. I don't get the opportunity for that much. My husband asked me if hanging out with her all day gave me the itch yet and I was like DUDE I have the itch but I have goals first!!!!!!! Right now I am saying that I would like to go til march before going off the pill cause I want to go a whole year on here and working on my weight. But once I reach the 230 mark which is my weight goal (for pregnancy) we will see. I might want to go ahead and start trying at that point. However I really really really don't want any of my last trimester of pregnancy to be during the hot part of summer!!! Ugh it was bad enough the last few months of my daughters pregnancy to be during New jerseys hot spring. Anyway I am rambling now so I will get going now. I hope you all had a wonderful day today.

YAY!! ...and you got baby time! Things are going well. Soon you'll be at baby making weight yourself!
  • KLi531
    Options

That's what we're here for! Welcome back :)
  • KLi531
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm pleased to report that I've been logging while vacationing! (I didn't think I would...). No hope for the clean-eating challenge, I'm afraid.

I've finally got some photos up, if your curious/interested. Most of the pics are commented with more information about what you're seeing. :)
    Frankfurt (so far): http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627803688741/
    Limburg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627804163081/

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Not only are the pictures awesome, but most of them could be postcards. You're a really good photographer! I'm glad you having fun! Congrats on logging on your vacation, that's some serious dedication!
  • KLi531
    Options
    Sorry I never contribute to recipe wednesdays, but I really never cook. The only time I pull out a pot or pan is if I'm making eggs, which is my dinner every night. Which brings me to my next question: Is it bad to eat the same things everyday? I seriously eat the same things everyday. I eat pretty healthy and about 80% clean (I'm sort of a Kashi cereal junkie) but it's all the same things. Part of the reason is that I'm kind of in the poor stage in my life. I can't afford some things that I would otherwise buy. I just ask because everyone seems to be cooking and creating new recipes and here I am eating the same hummus wrap I ate yesterday, and the day before, and the day before....etc.

Oh my god, I'm BORING!!

...and poor :(
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Oi! Sorry guys, I've spaced my Pals!! What a bad pal I am!! :-( I've been playing Sims 3 pets and doing homework and worrying about my car again!! :-( Sorry! I'll try to be better...

I don't know how many calories are in this cake, but I made this cake once and it was like eating clouds!! http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,236,158178-238207,00.html I used a 9x9 glass baking pan because I don't know what a tube pan is... if it's what a loaf pan is, then they should have clarified... Still it came out great in my pan and I loved it.

We are going to California for X-mas this year, Thank goodness for Southwest airlines!!! My husband and I were able to get 2 tickets at their "Gotta get away" price for both the flight there and back to CO (Combined!) for the same price as ONE ticket with the other airlines... And we get two checked bags EACH! (Which we will need since my Mom-in-law shows her love by buying us tons of things when we visit, plus x-mas so double the gifts...) I need a vacation and this is the perfect price to do it at!
  • naesue
    Options
    I don't know how many calories are in this cake, but I made this cake once and it was like eating clouds!! http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,236,158178-238207,00.html I used a 9x9 glass baking pan because I don't know what a tube pan is... if it's what a loaf pan is, then they should have clarified... Still it came out great in my pan and I loved it.

As I believe it to be a tube pan is like a bundt pan only non fluted. Kind of like an angelfood cake pan but I could be mistaken as well.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Eeek! I skipped crock pot Wed. Alrighty...here are a few. (these are ones that I find myself often repeating)

Homemade Refried Beans. Granted there is a little work to be done that is not in the crock pot...but I love than I can freeze like 6 dinners worth of food, its cheap and easy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NeuroticVirgo/view/refried-beans-cheap-low-calorie-low-sodium-freezer-friendly-88785

Chicken Taco Mix. This turned out SOOO good. And I recently used some frozen left overs to make enchilads & nachos. So I know it freezes well and still keeps its flavor.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NeuroticVirgo/view/crockpot-chicken-tacos-65-cal-145546

And of course...who doesn't like BBQ? BBQ Chicken. YUM.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NeuroticVirgo/view/bbq-shredded-chicken-crockpot-108-calories-137047
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    well there was more to the depression and mood swings, i'm pregnant! find out monday how far along!
  • naesue
    Options
    well there was more to the depression and mood swings, i'm pregnant! find out monday how far along!

Is this a good thing or bad? I'm going to say congratulations cause to me it is a good thing since that is what I am working toward! You know you can stay on here still while pregnant. The plan my doctor and I have come up with when I do get pregnant is to change my settings to lose 1 lb a week and to just add in 300 straight exercise calories which is what they say you need extra when you are pregnant. He feels that this why I might be able to maintain the same weight through the pregnancy which means I am still losing while baby is gaining. Talk with your doctor though. But finding out what they would like to see you do with your weight during the pregnancy is a good idea right away and talk with them about what you are doing, using and how this site works. If you are unsure ask cause I have gotten really good at explaining how this site actually works.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @caroltina - Good job on being able to eat clean! Its tuff, I don't think I've managed to even go ONE day! Any advice for the rest of us?

@naesue - YAY! Happy news about your results. I am glad to hear that. As for the baby making, I think its good you are waiting till you hit 230 to be healthier for the pregnancy. But once you do hit 230, I say start trying. Who knows if it will happen right away, or months down the road...you may just be destined to be hot during month 7 & 8 lol.

@KLi531 - If its healthy and your under calorie goal, then I think eating the same things everyday isn't bad. I experiment a lot because I'm still trying to find foods that please the family that I can eat. Eventually I'd actually like to plan my meals out so that we eat certain foods more regularly. Like Meat Loaf Thursdays or something. Its been proven that planning like that helps with saving money and with dieting (because you don't have to worry about what to make, and then be starving and opt to order pizza lol).

@Tonnina - AHHH Sims 3 Pets! I just got that! LOL I've been busy and have to clean off some stuff on our computer before I can install it, but I can't wait to play it looks fun. I actually haven't even played Sims 3 at all yet (was waiting for some more expansions, pets in-particular, to come out first). I'm excited to try it sometime this weekend. The vacation sounds fun, and congrats on the tickets! When my family went to the east coast to visit my in-laws we ended up dropping $1200 on 3 tickets, worst part is...that was CHEAP compared to a lot of other airlines or flight times.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

Is this a good thing or bad? I'm going to say congratulations cause to me it is a good thing since that is what I am working toward! You know you can stay on here still while pregnant. The plan my doctor and I have come up with when I do get pregnant is to change my settings to lose 1 lb a week and to just add in 300 straight exercise calories which is what they say you need extra when you are pregnant. He feels that this why I might be able to maintain the same weight through the pregnancy which means I am still losing while baby is gaining. Talk with your doctor though. But finding out what they would like to see you do with your weight during the pregnancy is a good idea right away and talk with them about what you are doing, using and how this site works. If you are unsure ask cause I have gotten really good at explaining how this site actually works.

I agree with everything she said. I had this talk with my doctor as well. Even though I have PCOS so chances or pregnancy are slim without help, I'm not on BC. So I wanted to know kind of what my "options" were if I were to get pregnant while trying to lose. (I'll be honest, I was worried with the weight loss I would get preggers and then it would throw off my whole progress). But my doctor had similar advice, and basically said that I would still be able to lose while pregnant it would just have to be adjusted to make sure I'm getting proper nutrition, and not doing any exercise that is to strenuous. So talking to the doc is a good idea. :)
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    thanks ladies yes its a good thing, i guess its like ive always said once you quit trying well thats when it happens! i was going to the doctor to get birth control but now we will have a different appointment! hehe im scared dont get me wrong with having a special needs baby boy already i dont think its gonna b easy but i know we can do and i am very happy but also very scared! i do plan on talking to the doc cause i need to continue to lose, but also make sure baby is healthy, i plan on walking alot!!
  • naesue
    Options
    So I totally had to share this pic with you all. I made this for dinner tonight and it looked so pretty in the pan I had to take a pic. Vegetable Beef Ragout
    308517_10150338883628797_728718796_8232951_1319514337_n.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @naesue OMG! That looks delicious, I could actually feel my stomach start to grumble saying "EAT IT". Recipe??

BTW....I get to start the latest postcard challenge, so I wanted to post here too. Learning2Loveme got me started on these. Its neat to play and get postcards. This is the 2nd time I've won (out of 30 lol), so I'm excited. The next winner gets a postcard from ME. So your all welcome to join in.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374362-everyone-s-welcome-to-play-postcard-challenge-30