countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am joining this group a little late buut have 10 weeks till Christmas and just started using "my fitness pal", even though I found it a few years ago. I love love the tracker. My goal is a pound a week, and that will take me to below 150, something I haven't seen in 2 years really.....So far I have lost about 3 lbs since I started, but my goal is 1 lb a week........
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    SO TEAMS I CAN NOW ANNOUNCE THAT THE WINNERS OF THE CHALLENGE THIS WEEK WERE RULDOPH WITH A SCORE OF -11.7
    TEAM DASHERS YOU LOST -6.7LB

I AM A WEAR THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING THE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE ANYMORE BUT THERE NAMES ARE STILL UP THERE SO I AM GOING TO TAKE THEM OFF AND AM GONNA CHANGE THE TEAMS AND CHALLENGE AROUND AGAIN NEXT WEEK...

IF YOU ARE IN THE CHALLENGE PLEASE CHECK THE SPREAD SHEET TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT.. IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT ME OR LOGGED YOUR WEIGHT IN 3 WEEKS I'M GONNA REMOVE YOU FROM THE SHEET HOPE YOU CAN ALL UNDERSTAND THIS ITS JUST SO I CAN MAKE THE TEAMS AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE...

WORK HARD THIS WEEK GIRLS AND BOYS WE ONLY HAVE 9 WEEKS TO CHRISTMAS SO WE CAN STILL LOSE A LOT BY THEN....

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ,,,
    MUCH LOVE
    A XXX

YYAAAAAAYYYY!! WELL DONE TO TEAM RUDOLF :D:D:D
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Team Dashers... here is your mini challenge:

50 bicep curls (please try and push yourself with the amount of weights you use)
    50 tricep extensions
    100 step ups
    take a 30 minute walk and enjoy the weather

Oh and maybe lets try a new fruit or veggie that you never had before... its good to explore your options for healthy good food.
    Lets go team Dasher we lost last week so that means we really need to push ourselves this week. I know you guys can do it. Its crunch time cause Christmas is just around the corner... Please please drink your water cause it really makes a difference.
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Is it just me or is Team Dasher like non existent? I only see like 4 besides myself participating. If I message them to do the mini challenge and they do not do it; does that mean they are not participating? Could I get a head count by message of everyone who is on Team Dasher and participating so I know who I can choose for the mini challenges? Please. Thank you!!
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is Team Dasher like non existent? I only see like 4 besides myself participating. If I message them to do the mini challenge and they do not do it; does that mean they are not participating? Could I get a head count by message of everyone who is on Team Dasher and participating so I know who I can choose for the mini challenges? Please. Thank you!!
    Yeah just go by who ever replys to you... Most ppl take the weekend of aswell so take that into consideration... I will be cleaning the spreadsheet up on Friday and I'll set the teams again...
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok. I started this challenge with y'all back in what was it? July? Well, life has been insane since then and a week or 2 vacation led to me missing months not only on MFP but also at the gym. I am happy to say that I did maintain and even lose a little weight during that time. My weigh-in this morning revealed 175 lbs which is an 8 lb loss from my last MFP weigh-in on July 11th! I'm very proud of that part anyway since I've only been able to watch intake an not exercise so much. During that crazy couple of months, we came home from vacation in PA, my 7 year old was admitted to the hospital for 8 days, then was out for 3 days and had to go back in. Then was out again for a week during which time he had a reaction to one of his meds and spent another night in the hospital, got out and went back to school and immediately got suspended. I'm now homeschooling him and have spent a month getting him on a schedule and working with his behaviors and am so excited to start back at the gym tomorrow! I will measure tomorrow morning, but it's good to be back!
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hello Team Dasher!

Mini Challenge for tomorrow (Monday) is to burn 1000 calories. Do what ever it takes as long as you burn them 1000 calories!!!!
    Please make sure you drink your water as well!!!!!

Can't believe its only 9 weeks to christmas.....
    I really hope i can shred another 15lbs (fingers crossed), especially as im going on holiday on boxing day (26.12.10).

Go Team Dasher!
    x x
  • Charlene_91
    Options

Yes i noticed there was a few people on the spreadsheet that hasn't logged in for a few weeks!

Team Dasher!! :D
  • Charlene_91
    Options

Yes i noticed there was a few people on the spreadsheet that hasn't logged in for a few weeks!

Team Dasher!! :D
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great mini-challenge! Christmas is 9 weeks....wow. The time flew by! It really is crunch time - no wiggle room anymore!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    HI! Just a message for Team Rudolf!

I have sent you all friend requests (those of you who weren't my friend already) so we can all keep up to date with each other for this challenge. We seem to be a little low on numbers so please log in and do the best you can! :)

I'll ask someone to set tomorrow's mini challenge soon! :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    HI! Just a message for Team Rudolf!

I have sent you all friend requests (those of you who weren't my friend already) so we can all keep up to date with each other for this challenge. We seem to be a little low on numbers so please log in and do the best you can! :)

I'll ask someone to set tomorrow's mini challenge soon! :)

COME ON TEAM RUDOLF WE CAN DO THIS :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello Team Dasher!

Mini Challenge for tomorrow (Monday) is to burn 1000 calories. Do what ever it takes as long as you burn them 1000 calories!!!!

I really hope i can shred another 15lbs (fingers crossed), especially as im going on holiday on boxing day (26.12.10).

Go Team Dasher!
    x x

Great Challenge!! I will be doing Zumba tomorrow so I should burn at least 600 there then I will come home and hit the treadmill I guess. tomorrow is going to be a hard exercise day! :yawn:
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hello Team Dasher!

Go Team Dasher!
    x x

Great Challenge!! I will be doing Zumba tomorrow so I should burn at least 600 there then I will come home and hit the treadmill I guess. tomorrow is going to be a hard exercise day! :yawn:

Well i thought might as start the week off as we mean to go on, lol. I'll be doing Zumba tonight as well but on the Wii :) x
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Dasher!

Go Team Dasher!
    x x

Well i thought might as start the week off as we mean to go on, lol. I'll be doing Zumba tonight as well but on the Wii :) x

I love Zumba! I am getting ready to go this morning and I think I will go ahead and take the night time class as well... if I feel good enough then I might take both night classes. I want to make my 1000 calories. I burn about 500 calories per class so two classes and I should be golden! I have the wii zumba game too. I am a zumba freak! It just makes me feel so good and its so fun. I don't really even feel like I am working out!

ZUMBA!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Alright all team rudolf's?? I am going onto week 2 of the C25k challenge this week :D going to be tough i think but i will do it, also need to practise belly dance a lot this week as i have a show on friday :)

xxx
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hi guys i posted this earlier but it never came up so ill post it again... todays challenge is to try and fit in 20 mins of high intensity cardio..
    this is to include
    jumping jacks
    super mans
    sprinting on the spot as fast as you can for 30 second ( as many as you can)
    sit ups/crunches
    push ups
    planks

dont know what happened earlier guys sorry... happy monday :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hi guys i posted this earlier but it never came up so ill post it again... todays challenge is to try and fit in 20 mins of high intensity cardio..
    this is to include
    jumping jacks
    super mans
    sit ups/crunches
    push ups
    planks

awesome thanks andrea :D xxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    this is to include
    jumping jacks
    super mans
    sit ups/crunches
    push ups
    planks

Great challenge set for today !!! :smile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    this is to include
    jumping jacks
    super mans
    sit ups/crunches
    push ups
    planks

Fantastic challenge!! I'll get some of these in when I do my aerobics.
    I'm doing little amounts today in between battling the huge pile of washing I have!!