Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I broke my sabbatical on Saturday. I went without alcohol for 12 days. I started over alcohol free Sunday and will stay that way until next Saturday. After that play it by ear through November 20, which is the last day of my current training plan.

On Saturday Jurgen, the owner of Bayern Brewery in Missoula Montana stopped into the Raven in Bigfork. He brews a few kegs of Oktoberfest beer in wooden kegs each year the traditional way, naturally carbonated, taps the bung and the beer from that keg is free. He also personally makes brats and kraut, free of charge. This happened Saturday and I just couldn't pass it up. Met a couple of buddies, and in typical Wade fashion I helped dispense, pour, and distribute the beer to the crowd.

I drank a lot of beer. And I had a brat. And some really good potato salad. I have no idea how much beer I really drank. More than a quart, less than a half gallon.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun solpwr!

I took a break this weekend and indulged in mexican food. I stayed away from the rice and beans but had some killer carne asada and homemade flour tortillas (2). lots of homemade salsa and a few chips. oh..and guacamole. lots of it.

I drank plenty of vodka to go along with it as well.

it was all worth every last calorie!! :bigsmile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun solpwr!

I took a break this weekend and indulged in mexican food. I stayed away from the rice and beans but had some killer carne asada and homemade flour tortillas (2). lots of homemade salsa and a few chips. oh..and guacamole. lots of it.

Sounds wonderful, but don't you want tequila with mexican food?! I have been craving a marg...
  • solpwr
    Options
    Sounds fun solpwr!

Sounds wonderful, but don't you want tequila with mexican food?! I have been craving a marg...

I agree, tequila! Shots! And maggies on the side...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ooh I am thinking I need a tequila weekend. time to make good Mexican food. yum!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Tequila makes me loco.:noway: I love it..but if I know I need to function the next day..I stay away from it.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

Tequila makes me loco.:noway: I love it..but if I know I need to function the next day..I stay away from it.
    Me too. its the one liquor that always gets me and the hubs in trouble. We must plan carefully for it.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    WAY too much this weekend, WAY too much!!!

Friday-1 pint of beer and two shots of pear vodka
    Saturday-2 pear vodka and diet cranberry cocktails, 1/2 bottle of wine, and I have no idea how many beers.....only remember 5, oh and shots of whisky, probably why I don't remember how many beers!!!
    Sunday-6 beers and 1 BIG glass of wine.
    Nothing last night....we will see how the night goes tonight, but probably nothing. I won't be getting home from the gym until late, then have to make dinner, long evening.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My goal was to just have a drink or two at a party or social get together.
    I thought if I just drank at social functions I would lose more weight.

So on Sunday what did I do, I had (2) Bloody Ceasars and some Sake
    at a restaurant for dinner. Just a regular weekend day.

I just blew that goal out the window. :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just got back from NOLA late Sunday night...my new goal is to take it really easy on the drinking until Thanksgiving. I know I will have some drinks, but I would like to try to limit it to the weekends and not go overboard :happy:

The PLAN:

Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 0
    Wednesday: 0
    Thursday: 0
    Friday: 2 glasses of wine (dinner with the girls)
    Saturday: 2 tangueray and tonics and maybe a couple beers
    Sunday: 0
  • amysj303
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=half a bottle of cabernet franc with three packs of fun size M&Ms yum.
    Probably have to finish the bottle off tonight with that pot roast I have in the crock pot right now!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=half a bottle of cabernet franc with three packs of fun size M&Ms yum.
    Probably have to finish the bottle off tonight with that pot roast I have in the crock pot right now!

Amy, you probably will have to finish it :wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

So far on track with "The Plan".

I haven't had tequila in a long, long time. I usually drink it in margs as well. Hmmmm, I do have a bottle of skinny margs in the liquor cabinet. Just might have to break it out!!
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It figures I found this thread the last week of the month!! The fall can be so hard with all the football games, baseball playoffs, etc. Seems like every weekend presents on opportunity to overindulge! Luckily the only thing that saved me from blowing up as round as a beer keg this month is that I added a 5:30 AM bootcamp class on Wed/Fri to my already-in-progess Mon/Tues/Thurs 6:30 AM workouts with my trainer. So to say the least, unless I wanted to suffer miserably (both physically & getting screamed at by the dictators at the gym) every weekday morning, I laid off of my boozy ways of summer in large part during the week.

The weekends however have been a completely different story!!! Not only did I fall off the wagon every weekend, the wagon ran over me, stopped, backed up and ran me over again!! :drinker:

Here's hoping for another week of getting through 5 early morning workouts and enjoying that well-deserved bottle of Pinot on Friday night!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 1 pitcher beer.................I'm doing okay but my team is not.
    Another game tonight.
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

So far on track with "The Plan".

I haven't had tequila in a long, long time. I usually drink it in margs as well. Hmmmm, I do have a bottle of skinny margs in the liquor cabinet. Just might have to break it out!!

Still sticking to it as well
    Monday 0
    Tuesday hope for 0 (made a boat load of chores to do so I don't sit down and drink)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Still sticking to it as well
    Monday 0
    Tuesday hope for 0 (made a boat load of chores to do so I don't sit down and drink)

Good job...Brush your teeth at 8P knowing that the toothpaste will off-set the fine taste of liquor :bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Cheesesteak spring rolls are delicious.

Didn't make it to Fright Fest because boyfriends friends bailed at the literal, last minute and what bothers me more is they couldn't even text me, whonsetbit up. They texted him and came up with lame excuses as to why they didn't want to go. We supply food and booze every time they come over to hang out and all i want is to go to Fright Fest because Halloween is my favorite and they can't do it, ugh.

On a high note, I've got a great costume for our Halloween party this Saturday, I really wanted colored contacts for it but apparently you need a prescription and I don't have one since I don't need glasses or contacts :grumble: They would have been the best touch to my costume, oh well. It'll be fun. Stressful day yesterday and boyfriend has been stressed about work so he's taken to having scotch sometimes during the week now and he didn't want to drink alonensomi had wine. We'll see about tonight haha.
  • amysj303
    Options
    what's your costume kat? a surprise? I am going as Amy Winehouse. I got a great black beehive wig and I am gonna have a bunch of tattoos drawn on.
    You should have gone to Fright Fest without the lame friends.
    I love Halloween too.
  • solpwr
    Options
    Just got back from NOLA late Sunday night...my new goal is to take it really easy on the drinking until Thanksgiving. I know I will have some drinks, but I would like to try to limit it to the weekends and not go overboard :happy:

The PLAN:

Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 0
    Wednesday: 0
    Thursday: 0
    Friday: 2 glasses of wine (dinner with the girls)
    Saturday: 2 tangueray and tonics and maybe a couple beers
    Sunday: 0

So did you have fun? Do all the regular stuff? Cafe du Monde? Acme Oyster House? Dragos? Those are my "have to dos" in NOLA. And Jacques Imo's and the Maple Leaf Bar.