C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just want to cry..*( actually kind of did during my run) but I DID IT!! I ran 3 mins I can't believe it I truely cant I thought there was no way I was ready for it but I DID IT!! and its only day 1!! The 2nd 3 min was def hard but I made it..I have nver been so proud of myself!!

To tell someone 3 mins doesnt sound like very long ..but I know yall know just HOW LONG IT IS!!!

Keep running everyone!! If I can do this Yall def can do this!!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done!! Omg I'm loving this so proud of me :)
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 yesterday; I screwed up and didn't hear the chick tell me to start walking, so I ran an extra minute. It was pretty cool, I eventually checked the time because I thought I had been running awhile and not that I was exhausted. Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so happy to see this thread! Tomorrow I do W2D3. I can't imagine week 3, I honestly don't think it will be possible to do 3min, but I will give it my best for sure! Very glad that this thread exists though! WTG everyone. :)
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so happy to see this thread! Tomorrow I do W2D3. I can't imagine week 3, I honestly don't think it will be possible to do 3min, but I will give it my best for sure! Very glad that this thread exists though! WTG everyone. :)

You can do it! I promise I thought there was no way I could do it..But I did it today!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who is chugging along on this journey. I did w3d1 today. The first 3 minute run was like "holy crap". LOL But after that my body seemed to adjust and I ran the last walk and cool down and finished the 5k in a hair over 35 minutes. Good luck to everyone with their efforts.

Troy
  • reginamazing
    reginamazing Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello...I know it's a bit late but I'm starting c25k tomorrow (10/26) for the 2nd time this year. I got through week 6 back in the spring and just kinda stopped one day, but I need to get back into it. The plan I'm doing is slightly different, and I def have a different way of doing it from most people, but it's the same basic outline and being a part of a group seemed to help me a lot before...so if it's cool I'd like to join you all in posting! :)

xoxo-
    reg
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My knee is still swollen and hurting, but I did 20 minutes on the elliptical last night and it was okay with that. A friend on MFP says she does the C25K on the elliptical - I'm wondering if I should continue on there??? I wouldn't be able to enter a speed though, but do you guys think that would work?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I just want to cry..*( actually kind of did during my run) but I DID IT!! I ran 3 mins I can't believe it I truely cant I thought there was no way I was ready for it but I DID IT!! and its only day 1!! The 2nd 3 min was def hard but I made it..I have nver been so proud of myself!!

To tell someone 3 mins doesnt sound like very long ..but I know yall know just HOW LONG IT IS!!!

Keep running everyone!! If I can do this Yall def can do this!!

Great job!! :drinker:
  • shakemybooty
    Options

You got this! It's a mental game.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Hello...I know it's a bit late but I'm starting c25k tomorrow (10/26) for the 2nd time this year. I got through week 6 back in the spring and just kinda stopped one day, but I need to get back into it. The plan I'm doing is slightly different, and I def have a different way of doing it from most people, but it's the same basic outline and being a part of a group seemed to help me a lot before...so if it's cool I'd like to join you all in posting! :)

xoxo-
    reg

Welcome to the group. You were so close to the end!! I'll be dancing when I get through week 6!!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    My knee is still swollen and hurting, but I did 20 minutes on the elliptical last night and it was okay with that. A friend on MFP says she does the C25K on the elliptical - I'm wondering if I should continue on there??? I wouldn't be able to enter a speed though, but do you guys think that would work?

I hope your knee feels better! Maybe you need to rest it for a while. I bought a little brace that keeps your knee cap from moving around so much when you run. I used to pound my left foot harder when I ran. So far this time I'm holding it together.

W4D1 done! If you'd have told me last week that this week I would have thought a quarter mile was "easier" I would have laughed at you. I did want to quit the last lap of my half mile but I pushed through it. I felt blah and sick when I was done, but I did it!! Take that treadmill!! Can't wait for the next one to see if it's easier. I like easier! :bigsmile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 of my 5K training plan. I got a little away from it when I did my 5K race a few weeks ago, but now I'm back. I've decided to continue the 5K training, but also mix in Adventure Race training. I've decided to do a 5K obstacle course race. This is one located near me:

http://www.millsadventurerunning.com/index.html

Shannon
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 of my 5K training plan. I got a little away from it when I did my 5K race a few weeks ago, but now I'm back. I've decided to continue the 5K training, but also mix in Adventure Race training. I've decided to do a 5K obstacle course race. This is one located near me:

Shannon

Those races look so cool. There was a Spartan Sprint very close to here a few weekends ago and I didn't even know about it. It's on my to do list for next year.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

xoxo-
    reg

Welcome aboard Regina! The more the merrier! Everyone here is very supportive and understanding. Hope your W1D1 goes well. Don't worry about being late, many people are repeating days, and maybe a couple like me that are just plain starting over, I've missed more than a week of running due to hectic time constraints and now I'm coming down with a bug of some kind.

Are you running outside or inside on a treadmill? There are lots of people here that are doing one or the other, a couple people have the opportunity to do both.

Drink plenty of fluids and have fun! Keep moving!!
  • recastro
    recastro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im glad I found this group. Ive been doing C25K for a couple of months now, ran my first 5k in March, and my 2nd one in October. Im stuck at W4, those 5 mins runs are killing me. Im gonna see if TODAY is the DAY I conquer them. Keep it up everyone, and see at the finish line.
  • sherrirb
    Options

Shannon

Wow! That looks awesome! I may have to look for one of those next year after completing C25K and continuing to lose weight and get in shape. It looks like tons of fun!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Im glad I found this group. Ive been doing C25K for a couple of months now, ran my first 5k in March, and my 2nd one in October. Im stuck at W4, those 5 mins runs are killing me. Im gonna see if TODAY is the DAY I conquer them. Keep it up everyone, and see at the finish line.

You CAN do it! Just keep at it and KEEP MOVING!

I'm glad you are joining us and we'll keep rooting for you!
  • Pinksparkle65
    Options
    beautiful; thanks
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Have you been to a doctor about your knee? With the swelling and pain, you might want to get it checked before you do any damage.