The Kickin' Christmas Crew! [Closed]

Options

Replies

• sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    Good morning my friends!!!!

So, I did not want to go on the scale this morning...because I feel like I've gain weight...and I did.... A full 3 lbs. But it's my fault....A pig fest weekend in Niagara falls, plus, no exercise this week, plus a pig fest this weekend = weight gain. I don't have my daughter this week so I'll be able to go to the gym after work, plus, starting wednesday, I am officialy jobless. I'll be at home from 7am to 8:30 pm all alone...I'll have no reason to not exercise.

Have a great week!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong with my mom's scale. I weighed between 149-155 this morning (I stepped on it 5 times)...so that was frustrating. I guess I'll just claim to have stayed the same this past week. Hopefully our car will FINALLY be back by next week so I can weigh myself on my own scale.

Keep up the good work!

I suppose that the "Kickin Crew" is a sufficient name :wink:
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow...one day a 10K for me :-) but right now baby steps...next year I am going for a 5k, It was a nice run with my friend, wanted to do it the next day but sore throat, runny nose and headache came into play along with TOM (showed up), but the good news is while at church with my kids on Sunday everyone said, wow girl you look like you are disappearing. I wonder if they will even speak to me when I am actually to my goal, since I am disappearing by then I will have disappeared, I guess.,lol. Anyway put me down for a 1 pound loss, even with TOM, can you believe it?? So you know what that means, next week's gonna look real good once TOM is gone ( I will control that scale next week) before Thanksgiving that is. I am pigging out on Thanksgiving, but I am gonna work hard after that...shoot, if you work hard you can eat hard sometimes... #justsayin.

Everyone is doing great in my book...we will have our ups and downs on this journey and especially on that scale, but it feels good to have a great support system to chime into.
  • Ding724
    Options
    Okay, I tried to weigh-in again today and it said 154.4 after stepping on the scale 3 consecutive times so I guess that's what i'll go with.

On another note- I should be hearing back from the school today and finding out when I start work! They got 1 of my background checks in and are just waiting for the other one to clear! They said that the contract is all drawn up, so as soon as the background check comes in, then I can sign the contract and start! Crazy! Drew and I have also been looking at housing (apartments/condos for rent) because we are currently staying with my parents, but we've decided that it makes the most sense to keep looking over the next month so that we find something that we really love since we will be staying there at least a year, if not 2 for sure because of my new job!
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I missed you guys soooo much this past week! My trip was kind of crazy, but my friends are now officially married and starting their new life together :) Congrats on everybody's hard work this week, I'm so excited for all of us. With the holiday season around the corner, I think I'm going to kick my routine into high(er) gear, so we shall see what happens. I weighed in at two weights this morning...so I took the higher one, 180.0! YEEEEEAAAAA! First time I've more than one pound in a week since I don't know when. I guess not tracking/logging for a few days helps =D. Have a great week ladies!
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    KCC14.jpg

Well done everyone and a special mention to Kim who smashed the pound this week - welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    KCC14.jpg

Well done everyone and a special mention to Kim who smashed the pound this week - welcome back! :flowerforyou:

Congrats to everyone of your losses, you guys are doing awesome and I can't wait to join you again. Hope you are all having a wonderful Hump day :flowerforyou:
  • alibreasy
    Options
    I'm sick everyone! Went home from work on Monday afternoon sick. Been home ever since. Still of course got mommy duties, gettin the kids to school in another city and picking them up. But all in all I am trying to get better. I have a bacteria infection and I am trying to nip it in the bud with lots of home remedies. I hate medicine and trying my best to not let it turn into pneumonia because I am susceptible. I've had it 3 times in my life :-/
  • crikee15
    Options
    awwww alicia, i hope you feel better! get plenty of rest and let me know if you need anything, i'm only across the bay. you will definitely be in my prayers tonight. love ya!
  • PercyPig
    Options
    Awww poor thing, hope you feel better soon!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • alibreasy
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I stayed home Tue-Thur and went to work on Friday, I did a lot of herbal teas and thera flu...I still have a slight cough, but I am getting better. My first work out was today, it felt pretty good after a week out. Lets see what next week brings for us all!
  • alibreasy
    Options
    This week I am going to be the first to start the weigh- in on a Sunday, yep I had courage when stepping on the scale this morning! AND YES, I am still a little sick,it has not gone totally away yet.:-/
    I am down 1.5 pounds yall. I am officially 5.1 pounds away from being 199.9 (ONDERLAND BABY) and 10.1 pounds away from my Christmas goal! How exciting! I am 205 :-) haven't weighed that much since my oldest daughter (who is 17) was 2 years old :-/ I believe I was like 198 then. And my goal goal 180 I haven't been since the end of my first year of college...hahaha. Instead of gaining the freshman 15! I end up gaining the freshman 25, go figure. I was 155 in highschool and that was perfect for me ( I still cant believe I felt a little fat in highschool, looking back at pictures I can't believe I was thinking that. Boy, I tell you the way we women think of our bodies...we are far too hard on ourselves.Shoot the men obviously liked my figure back then, shoot I got it for best figure in higschool...so why was I still so unsure...ugh! Well I tell you this I am not trying to get back there. I am a women now with two kids, No need to go that far back, but I wouldn't mind visiting that 180 from college :-)
    I hope all of you are having a wondering WET weekend! Family time for me...I spent time with my sis and mom and kids on Friday evening, saw my BFF for brunch yesterday and caught up and today its family time with mom and sis and my sister's fiance and me and the kids again off to the movies! This is the best time of year you guys enjoy it (just dont gain those dreaded 7-10 pounds everyone keep talking about during this time of year). I will catch up with you guys later! Love yall bunches!
    ALICIA (Alibreasy)
  • PercyPig
    Options
    Alicia, that's wonderful news! Onederland is just around the corner, you've got this girl!

So... I had a bit of a bad weekend. Not really, really bad, but not great. For some reason I was really tired and basically slept my weekend away, and because I was so tired I didn't feel like cooking and so I just ate cereal and milk the whole weekend. Hmmm.... almost like being at uni again, I'm not impressed. And thus because I've probably eaten enough carbs to last me a month, I didn't dare to weigh in this morning - I blame it on TOM!

Felt very guilty about that this morning hence woke up at 5am to get an early workout in and feeling much, much better now! I'm sure I'll be able to work it all off this week though because I've got 2 very important motivations:
    1) I'm seeing my ex on Thursday night, he hasn't seen me in 3 months and he's in for a shock! But I want to get in loads of exercise this week and eat super healthily so that I feel at my best!
    2) My new personal trainer is really hot which makes me want to go to the gym ALL THE TIME :laugh:

Have a great week, my girlies! :flowerforyou:
  • Ding724
    Options
    I am exactly the same as last Monday...I blame it on delicious treats that I ate at my grandmothers house on Saturday and the beautiful snow that we got which made me watch movies and stay inside all afternoon on Sunday :blushing: I was actually surprised that I didn't have a slight gain, but I guess that drinking all my water helped with that!

Drew & I have been on the hunt for housing for the past few weeks since getting back to Minnesota & we found an amazing place yesterday...more details on that to come if everything works out! :happy:
  • crikee15
    Options
    Ooooh awesome job Ali! Keep at it girl!

Joni: ummmmm, that sounds like incentive just to come over there and check him out :D but i know what you mean, the check-in guy on friday nights at my gym is a total cutie

Mandie: for sure keep us updated! i'm glad you had some lovely family time this weekend

I weighed in at 177.4 this weekend, AND it's TOM...so I'm very unsure how to feel about it. Normally I would be ecstatic, but I haven't actually gone to the gym at all and it's all due to a combination of stress and relief and drama among my friends. I haven't had an appetite and felt nauseous all week, so I barely ate. Part of me is hoping that a little bit of the weight comes back because it scares me to see that big a drop from last week, especially while I'll bloated. I will keep you guys updated, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week for those of you in the States!
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    Ali, That is great news!!!!!! To be so close to onederland is amazing. Don't give up, keep fighting and pushing.

Mandie, hope everything turns out positive for you both and keeps us updated please! Snow???? Not for us yet (it will come soon).

For me....I don't have a scaleat and since I don't work anymore, I am not given permission to use the gym from the building I was working from, so I can't do my weigh-in. I'm waiting for my refund and then I will go to the gym next to my house, but that's not for another 3 or 4 weeks..... I'll just have to push hard during that tmie with my walk and jogging and maybe add some sit-ups and stuff at home and pray that I don't gain weight. To tell you the truth, I feel like *kitten*...I've never had "no job" and looking for one right now is hard, because they are cutting everywhere. Oh well, at least I'm still getting paid fully untill July.

Have a great week everyone!
  • alibreasy
    Options
    Joni - It gets like that sometimes...those weekends in bed, eating cereal, don't beat yourself up because one thing I am learning about you is your a go getter Miss. Marathon! You got this big time this week and the ex's eyes are gonna pop right out of his head. And fine trainer, yummy yummy...the coolest part is he gets to stretch you out...hmmm (you might wanna get a little cramp in your leg, lol...just sayin)

Mandie - Watching movies indoors cuddled up with hubby is the best...I remember those days...awwww...I can live vicariously through you and yours.... Praying the house you both want is the house you get!

Kim - I understand how you feel about the weightloss and not eating, nausea, etc...but you can keep that weightloss if you just get to working out and drinking your water. I will keep you in prayer girl...sometimes our friends lives can cross over into ours and we can feel a little overwhelmed because we have our own stresses to carry, let alone added.

Celine - I am sure you will find many things to get involved in with not working right now. Just think, what a blessing to still have money coming in and also a husband that is working. Start thinking of things you wanted to do, but just couldnt do because you were working...Maybe doing some volunteering, go for a run, walk, catch up on reading and they have scales in malls and some stores...that you have to pay maybe 25cents to a $1, but until you can get your a scale that can be sufficient...Come on lady you can do this, you have already come so far.

Thanks for all the encouragement you guys. I just realized I set certain goals this year for new years... financial, spiritual, physical, intellectual, family, social, career goals. I've met some, but could've done a lot better! Have an awesome week you guys! Love you gals!
  • Ding724
    Options
    I think Tuesdays should be my weigh in day...not a huge loss but finally saw 153.6 on the scale this morning! woohoooo!!! You can update it or leave it the same as yesterday, Joni - It's upto you!

I am going into my NEW WORK today to sign my contract and go over all the policies and procedures :smile: I will FINALLY start work officially next Monday after the long Thanksgiving Holiday. About my new job: I was hired through the school as a consultant and I will be heading up a program for them called Check & Connect. I will be working with a caseload of about 50 elementary students who are struggling in school because of issues at home. It will be my job to meet with them weekly, meet with their parents, meet with their teachers, and create plans and goals for the child to get connected in activities and clubs so that they are more involved in school; set up tutoring or special help so they can improve academically; make sure that they are not falling further behind and that hopefully their home lives can also improve. Anyways, I'm really excited to start because it will finally put me on a "career path" rather than just having another job!

Have a MaRvElOuS week, ladies! You all inspire me so much everyday (even if I don't always comment on your postings and say so) :heart: :happy:
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job Mandie, it sounds awesome and I think you will do a fabulous job :)
  • PercyPig
    Options
    Hey Mandie, that sounds really great! Hope now everything works out with the house as well!

I dared to weigh myself this morning and I was the same as last week so that's not too bad after all. Will post the chart tomorrow x