Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I will try to. if i go over a bit, i'll go under a bit later on in the week
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Nope, going to really enjoy myself that day. If am not tired when I return from visiting I will workout for about 45 min. while watching a good holiday movie. I can't wait!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :noway: NO! although not planning to go overboard, but this day is a day to be with my family!::bigsmile:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Nope -- didn't on Thanksgiving either. :wink: Probably won't today as we had "Breakfast at School" and I have no idea how to estimate the calories on the yummy food we had.
    Kaye
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yup. Christmas Eve -and- Christmas Day were always huge deals for my family when I was growing up. So I'm going to give myself one no-guilt meal Christmas Eve and one on Christmas Day. All my other meals I plan to keep light. But as everyone else has said, I'm not going to be neurotic about it, though I still want to log it. Since I don't have family out here, I'm on my own, which lets me be in somewhat better control of my holiday intake. But yeah, I already know what I want to cheat with. How sad is that? :}

Too, my other argument for logging it is this: I'm new to losing weight on MFP. I think I need to see how much I've really been eating when I wasn't counting calories and what not. I think it'll be a good comparison of what I ate then and what I'm committing to eat now -- like a reference point. And if I gain a couple pounds, I'll know exactly why and be more motivated to get back on track.
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm going to log Christmas Day - will most prob exercise a lot the night before and try to be under a lot, or have a little workout Xmas morning :)
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I will login to make sure I eat only 1750 calories above my calorie limit.
    It's half a pound and I will lose it before New Years !!!!!!
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yes, and I did Thanksgiving as well!! I am on this journey and I am not giving up all my hard work for one day!! but i respect everyone's decision!! do what works for you!!! and enjoy the day!!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    No. Not going to be concerned with it at all.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to eat any more than I usually do, unless anyone here plans on baking me cookies.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My original thought was no but now I'm reconsidering. I think I'll log but go easy on myself if I go over a bit. I am making all the meals I'll be eating Christmas day and I need to watch what I drink alcohol-wise because we are going out of state early the next morning so the damage probably won't be all that bad. The next two days while we are staying with family I don't expect to log or at least not as accurately as I do on a normal day because I don't want to be stuck on the phone and I won't know what is going into the food we eat.
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    NO!!
    If I did, I'd end up in a 'I-can't-do-this-what's-the-point-I'm-disgusting-and-fat-and-I'm-never-going-to-win' type despair :)
    I'ma attempt to go easy on stuff, but I'm not going to kick my *kitten* about having stuff I want :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i will log but not bother if its over my cals for the day.
    I am doing cooking so most things will be healthy anyway turkey breast and lots of veggies, only bad things will be potatoes and parsnips roasted in goose fat and Tiramisu for dessert which is totally NOT a diet friendly recipe, involves a pint of double cream, full tub marscapone, egg yolks, cake fingers, rum, coffee and chocolate, at least 600 cals / 50g fat a portion, its totally delicious but is for special occasions only!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I might quick add all of my calories xD I will try to. I know I will be able to log breakfast (I have it planned out already, 1 scrambled egg, weight watchers bagel, and some veggie bacon). Lunch will be at my parents, so I plan to load up on veggies rather than stuffing and turkey and have little bites of the sweets to satisfy cravings.

I will try my best.. xD
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I dont understand, people keep saying NO they are going to long in they are going enjoy their famly etc... how excactly does taking 5 mins to track your day cause you to not be able to enjoy your family and holidays.

Stay strong people! you dont need to over do it to enjoy the holidays, moderation is key, after all over indulging, thats what got us in trouble in the first place.

I will log in and log my food, I will also somehow find time to enjoy my family and the holidays....
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yup. I log every day, even if it's a cheat day or not, under my calories, over my calories, whatever. it's just another day and plus I want to see and know exactly what I'm eating on any given day. I just won't worry about what I'm eating so much and whether I'm under my calories. I'm just going to eat what I feel like and enjoy family time.
  • Mombie13187
    Mombie13187 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will be logging on Christmas day. I'm not going to go over board but I do plan to enjoy myself. My whole thing is I'm not on a diet... I'm changing the way I eat... I'm changing my life style. I want to be a role model for my son. It is alright to have a cookie or to have that stuffing but just don't over do it. And when I eat more of that bad stuff then I'll just have to step up my exercise the next day. So after my long winded answer... yes I will be logging on Christmas day and I will be honest about it :-)
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Of course I will log Christmas day. Im not going to start lying to myself because of a holiday treat or two. Besides it will be good to see if and how it affects my progress. I dont plan on overeating or saying "why not! its Christmas" I might as well jsut go right back to finding excuses again to over-eat whatever I want and that is not why I'm here. a litte indulgence and a treat or two but in moderation for me. I'm trying to retrain myself to eat responsibly and find room for treats.

Love this reply...I feel the same way!!!
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    NO!!
    If I did, I'd end up in a 'I-can't-do-this-what's-the-point-I'm-disgusting-and-fat-and-I'm-never-going-to-win' type despair :)
    I'ma attempt to go easy on stuff, but I'm not going to kick my *kitten* about having stuff I want :)
    and you shouldnt!! but keep track anyway its a good way to stay focused. so what if your over a day or two! but you dont have to over do it either, be strong and dont dispair!! staying honest with yourself is the best thing to do, dont leave the day empty or short just because you might feel bad. dont feel bad just accept it and move on.

YOU ARE NOT DISGUSTING OR FAT you ARE awesome and on your way to a healthier you. dont let the holidays and temptations derail you or make you feel like you have kick your *kitten* for enjoying yourself. make a plan, if you know your going to snack or eat over your limits, then just figure out what you will do about it later. I know that its going to be hard, but i also know that christmas is 1 day, so I have 2 family chrismas parties, one friend party and I have planned for that, I will eat a sensible protien snack before I go, and have small portions of my favorite things. its only 3 days. I will not however give in to the week-long-christmas eating extravaganza... Drink lots of water/decaf tea, smile at the mirror everytime you see it and tell yourself you are amazing!! and you will be fine.
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I doubt it, just because from what I hear will be only finger foods. Plus we'll be out of town with no computer access.